BDR Solutions, LLC, (BDR) supports the U.S. Federal Government in successfully achieving their mission and goals. Our service and solution delivery starts with understanding each client’s end-state, and then seamlessly integrating within each Agency’s organization to improve and enhance business and technical operations and deployments.
BDR is an SBA approved 8(a) program participant, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), certified Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone), and Minority-Owned Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB).
BDR is seeking a Senior Software Developer (Java) to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Community Care Reimbursement System (CCRS) Development contract. The place of performance of this position is in Vienna, VA, however the individual will work remotely until it is safe to return working in the office environment. When business resumes to working ‘in office’ the individual will have the option of working remotely on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate will be local to the Vienna, VA area and able to meet with team members as needed.
Senior Software Developer (Java) (Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
Senior Software Developer (Java) will be responsible for providing sustainment support and development for defects, updates and enhancement requests for CCRS supported applications. The developer will also be responsible for serving in a DevOps role as the administrator for the CCRS database and WebLogic servers as well as providing configuration management support.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software
- Maintain responsibility for activities that range from software design, coding, unit testing, and orchestration
- Participate as an active member of the scrum team, providing input to team velocity and sprint ceremonies, planning, demonstrations and retrospectives
- Support the back-end developers to code and program extraction, transformation, standardization, aggregation and mining of data for the repository, including coding web interfaces using SOAP/XML, REST and others
- Experience in development using rules-engine model, to build and deploy middleware business service applications from code to test and production environments
- Participate in planning effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks
- Supports and assists in maintenance of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems
- Supports and assists in the maintenance of the integrity and security of servers and systems
- Configures, maintains and troubleshoots network related interfaces on servers and implements corrective actions
- Conducts systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies
- Performs, maintains, troubleshoots and does analysis of alerts on Servers
- Contributes and executes plans, designs, and implements necessary configurations to ensure compliance with back-up and disaster recovery policies, procedures for servers
- Supports the maintenance of Security Compliancy processes and policies
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts, principals and patterns
- Full stack development
- Strong working knowledge of:
- Java 8+
- OOD, Design Patterns
- Distributed messaging, JMS
- Spring and its frameworks like Spring Boot, Spring Data
- Relational Databases (such as Oracle), SQL, PL/SQL, JDBC, and JPA
- Multi-threaded server side development
- Experience in Java performance tuning, debugging and memory profiling
- Able to work productively under pressure
- Experience in Db2, SQL Server 2012/2016, and SSRS
- Proficient in Java 1.6+ language
- J2EE hands-on knowledge, including JSP and EJB authoring experience, struts/servlet technologies, and related J2EE componentry, including JDBC and persistence frameworks like Spring/Hibernate/etc.
- Proficient knowledge of WildFly/JBoss and Java compatibility
- Working knowledge of WebLogic
- Hands on knowledge of Linux/Apache – hands-on with apache extensions, a plus
- Comfortable with basic command-line server administrative functions, including server restarts, startups, administration of httpd/apache configuration files, etc.
- Comfortable with basic Linux/Unix server utilities, including crontab, bash/shell scripting, and server log management and forensics
- Experience integrating with IAM & 2-Factor Authentication models
- Experience integrating with Oracle/MSSQL and other enterprise-grade RDBMS solutions
- Experience with web-service development, in SOAP/XML, REST, JSON, WSDL
- Experience using Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, Hibernate and Spring and/or Boot
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working under Agile methodologies or SAFe
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently
- Strong time management skills
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is required OR an additional 8 years’ experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience on similar projects
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
BDR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Powered by JazzHR