Note: We are looking for candidates who can join us on W2 Contract
This is a 6+ months contract with the option to hire
Remote work also available
Responsibilities and Duties
- Experience in SQL Server 2014 and above
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- At least 8 years experience in T-SQL
- Experience working with a very high traffic production SQL Server
- Able to write and work with very complex stored procedures
- Expert level T-SQL Optimization
- Able to write dynamic SQL when necessary
- Expert in when to apply different levels of normalization and demoralization
- Experience working with a multi TB database
- Skilled in transferring data quickly between platforms by performing efficient delta refreshes
- Strong understanding of the internals of SQL Server
- Previous experience in performing code changes for SQL compatibility upgrades
- Able to apply a code and apply T-SQL changes in an online fashion without blocking traffic
- Good knowledge of N-tier architectures and troubleshooting
Qualifications and Skills
- SQL Server 2012 and above
- Data Warehousing
We are an E-Verified, Certified Minority-owned business enterprise who is extensively working with this Fortune 100 Company.
And we at 720 Worldwide Inc. provides Benefits which include
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Employer paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discount Programs
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits
720 Worldwide Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $65,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Date warehousing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Azure: 1 year (Preferred)
- T-SQL: 5 years (Preferred)
- SQL Server: 5 years (Preferred)
- ETL: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
Last 90 Days
Windows System Administrator
Our client located in the Springfield, MA area is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed Windows System Administrator to assist the Windows Support Administration Team. This individual will be providing high level problem solving and technical expertise on various Microsoft platforms and services. You will be directly responsible for the security, engineering, operations, reliability, compliance and management of workflow and processes for our Windows Support Infrastructure.
This position offers the flexibility of working remotely, other than initial onboarding and similar rare short-term logistical needs.
· Support Windows Operating System configuration and management.
· Monitor, evaluate and enhance Windows Server Infrastructure for optimal performance, security and availability
· Perform builds, upgrades, repairs and retirements virtual servers and appliances, utilizing peer resources and established work instructions for Windows Systems.
· Actively participate in documentation including diagrams of Internal Infrastructure, utilizing full functionality of Confluence
· Spearhead efforts around automation and configuration management of windows data center fleet
· Design and implement efficiency and consolidation improvements across multiple Active Directory Forests and Domains
· Design and implement security enhancements to computing environments, including lateral movement protections, tiered logins and CIS standards
· Assist in the maintenance of defined patch levels for all applications, as well as provide timely compliance status reports
· Conduct analysis and recommend solutions for complex and emerging issues
· Where applicable, improve overall system and administrator efficiency via increasing or modifying existing automation, or provisioning new automated activities
· Operate and maintain an enterprise anti-virus and malware system
· Utilizing established work instructions, identify, triage and escalate issues with Zabbix system monitoring and NetBackup/TSM reports.
- Coordinate downtime and outages to applicable systems with application and business areas.
· Oversee, test and document failover functionality of High Availability technologies such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, RSA Authentication Manager, DFS and KEMP Load Balancers
· Five or more years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
· Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012R2
· Knowledge of one or more of the following - Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, SharePoint 2010/2013
· Experience with Active Directory 2012/2016 in an enterprise environment, including backup and restore procedures, as well as support for multiple forests and domains
· Knowledge of automated configuration management and systems hardening
· Experience utilizing PowerShell for Active Directory and Windows Administration
· Excellent technical skills as well as strong team orientation and communication
· History of planning, coordinating and executing IT initiatives
· Administration using PowerShell for any of the following: Quest One ActiveRoles, VMware or Exchange
· Experience with Veritas Enterprise Vault
· Experience with Symantec NetBackup
· Experience with SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Always On Groups
o Microsoft Certified Solution Expert Certification (Server Infrastructure) or Microsoft Certified Solution Associate Certification (Microsoft Windows 2012 or higher)
o Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – Messaging
o Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Certification
o Active Directory, 2008, 2008R2 2012 & 2012R2 Enterprise Administration
o Certification like MCSA/MCSE/MCTS/MCITP in Exchange 2010 (or higher)
Delphi-US provides world class talent acquisition solutions to our clients nationwide. We are experts in Information Technology, Engineering, Professional, and select specialized talent recruitment. With a collective 30+ years in our field, Delphi-US brings true best practices to the industry, and a fundamental approach that drives excellence in results for our clients and consultants. Known as 'The Peacemakers in The Talent War', Delphi-US seeks to join the best and brightest of our knowledge workforce to select employers of choice throughout the United States.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $45.00 to $55.00 /hour
- system administration: 5 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
This role involves travel around the UK and the opportunity to work remotely too.
Do you want to make the difference for customers with your passion for technology and innovation, supporting them to be more and achieve more?
Are you interesting in working in a team of outstanding technology professionals who, as trusted advisors and subject matter experts, help organisations to achieve their technology potential?
The Premier Field Engineering (PFE) team provides technical support for Premier customers worldwide through onsite and remote support services. PFEs act as the primary onsite technical contact, providing customer visibility, advanced technical troubleshooting support and problem resolution for Product Support Services and corporate customers, including issues escalated to the highest levels of management. Most of the work is proactive deliveries to Premier customers.
Top Three Required Skills
1 Databases and analytics -> SQL server, MySQL, Oracle
2 Data Warehousing
3 Business Intelligence -> Power BI , NoSQL
Other Required Skills
- SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008.
- Exposure to and some knowledge about SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Power BI
- Fair knowledge on Windows clustering - Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2.
- Deep technical knowledge/experience on SQL HA/DR solutions.
- Practical experience troubleshooting performance problems, query tuning and optimization.
- Experience delivering and/or authoring technical training
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science. Will consider related equivalent experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
- Ability to manage challenging technical issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, participating in on-call shifts, having a willingness to go the extra mile and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
- SQL programming skills in one of the following: VB, VBA, C++, .Net, VBS, Jscript.
- Experience with network captures and network troubleshooting.
- PowerShell V2 skills including scripting would be an advantage.
- Act as a resource for on-going SQL planning and deployment.
- Help with analysis of migration to new SQL environments.
- Provide SQL workshops and training for customer's existing support staff.
- Deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, knowledge transfer, and opportunity generation. Manage escalations and sub-cases to ensure timely and high quality resolution of all issues.
- Develop and implement strategies for providing facilitative support resulting in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments.
- Develop relationships with technical directors or lead architects for the technology you support resulting in more participation in planning and improved satisfaction in support consulting.
- Partner with Premier Service Delivery Managers to effectively manage hot-sites including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and management.
- Develop working relationships within the PFE Organization that result in increased cooperation and mutual support in fulfilling our customer mission.
- Develop a working relationship with the Consulting Services team, SE and field staff at your accounts that results in increased cooperation and mutual support in achieving each other's goals.
- Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.