Java Architect / Senior Solution Design
Circa £500 per day
Senior Tech Lead / Architect with strong Java focus needed for large scale Digital Development project for leading E-Commerce client in Yeovil. Initial 6 months with remote working flex
- Create software designs that are capable of practical and cost-effective implementation
- Work closely with the development teams and use experience to solve complex architecture and design issues
- Work closely with the technical community to help identify Quality best practices
- Assist in determining infrastructure designs and providing the cost/benefits to support them
- Challenge and drive forwards design discussions to produce tangible system designs for implementation
- Review projects and work, taking learnings from them in order to champion and educate, coach and mentor peers and colleagues
- Run Technical workshops
- Create accurate technical documentation
- Assist in providing project/feature estimations
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Be able to discuss technical requirements with subject matter experts and end users
Experience / Technical Requirements
- Experience of delivering complex technical solutions within a Service Oriented or API-based Architecture
- Proven track record of designing and implementing large-scale eCommerce web solutions and/or point-of-sale applications is preferred
- Experience of successfully delivering projects within a dynamic, developing and changing business
- Delivering solutions using Agile methods
- Extensive experience of developing and delivering software for commercial organisations
- Tet Driven Development and code refactoring, with awareness of the principles of creating 'clean code'
- Use of Java development IDEs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.
- Experience with Automation tools, e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, etc.
- MVC frameworks such as Struts, Spring, JSF etc.
- Wb services, both RESTful & SOAP, JSON/XML parsing, binding & transformation
- Experience of using automated unit testing tools such as JUnit, JMock, Karma, etc.
- Experience of software build tools, such as Maven, BuildR, Ant, Gradle etc.
Contact David Southwood - Sanderson Recruitment
Last 90 Days
Looking for a Senior DevOps engineer. Due to the our requirement, the candidate has to be in our office for on-site interview.
- Proven previous experience with software architecture & design with open mind to pick up new architecture
- Strong technical leadership and passion for staying ahead of the technology curve.
- Knowledge of Agile principles, and methodologies like Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Experience and deep expertize with DevOps practices (continuous integration, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, test automation etc.), enabling tools and technologies.
- Breadth of experience on many technology stacks (e.g. Java, Pega, J2EE, Mainframe, Java script, python, other scripting languages, Ansible, Jenkins, Atlassian devops tools etc) and deep knowledge in a subset of technology stacks.
- 5+ years of recent extensive hands on development experience.
- Knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Struts, Spring, Maven, Gradle, Unit testing frameworks, Acceptance testing frameworks etc.
- Knowledge of J2EE applications servers like WebSphere, Tomcat etc
Lead the best practice on Jenkins, Artifactory,BitBucket administration.
Job Type: Contract
We have multiple openings supporting a long-term contract with a Government customer in Chantilly, VA. All candidates must have an active Top Secret / SCI security clearance.
- Minimum 8 years of full stack software development experience, including experience with Java, frontend (JSF, Struts, JSP), and database development (SQL)
- Strong understanding of AWS technology offerings and fundamentals
- Exceptional understanding of Object-Oriented programming
- Highly proficient with source control systems
- Ability to work in an open team environment
- Highly effective verbal and non-verbal communication with peers and clients
- Highly Competitive Base Salary
- Generous allowance for paid time off and holidays
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching
- Platinum Health Care Package
- Annual Training Budget
To all Agencies/Vendors: We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To all Candidates: Due to nature of the job, this role require US Citizen or US Green card or EAD. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for ingesting data from ATG to Endeca, manipulating ATG data before ingesting into Endeca, Customizing Baseline and Partial updates on ATG side
- Performs various Endeca development activities independently like Configuring CAS, Building Endeca pipelines, configuring server topology, Developing XM Cartridges etc.,
- Ability to recommend and implement Best Practices for Endeca setup.
- Should have extensive experience in optimizing Endeca queries for performance, especially with ATG-ENDECA integration.
- Supports and works with the technical lead/architect in producing quality deliverables
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 7+ years of Java/J2EE experience, 5+ years of Endeca experience, 2+ years of ATG Commerce preferred
- 7+ years of Software development experience using Java/J2EE, JBOSS/Weblogic, Struts, JSP, Servlets, JNDI, JDBC and related Java technologies
- 5+ years of extensive experience in Oracle Endeca is must - Pipeline design, Forge-less indexing, Record manipulation, CAS, CAS custom plugin-in development, Experience Manager, Workbench Rules Manager, Eneperf, Cheetah, Presentation API, Assembler REST services, Logging & reporting, SEO tuning and Search usability.
- Experience in optimizing Endeca query performance, ability to load test Endeca Dgraphs is required.
- Experience in Oracle ATG Commerce is preferred along with Experience in working with ATG repositories and Components
- Should have used Oracle Database and experience in writing SQL scripts
- Should have developed and consumed RESTful APIs with exposure to MicroServices coding and concepts
- Experience with agile development approaches
- Experience with Maven, Git, Eclipse/Intellij, Weblogic, JBOSS
- Preferred experience in Retail sector
- Designs and codes from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents and implements complex software application
Job Type: Contract
- Ecommerce: 6 years (Preferred)
- Java: 8 years (Preferred)
- J2EE: 8 years (Preferred)
- Endeca: 2 years (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Remote/Work from home