In March 2018 Cairngorm Capital acquired Parker Building Supplies, a leading independent builders’ merchant based in Sussex and Kent. Three further proprietary investments of Fairalls (Builders' Merchants) Ltd, Chandlers Building & Roofing Supplies and Stamco Timber have created the largest independent builders’ merchant in the South East of England, led by a management team with deep industry expertise.
The business primarily serves trade customers with its core offering of heavyside building materials, civils, roofing & timber, plus an array of ancillary product lines including kitchens, joinery and architectural ironmongery. The new enlarged company has 39 branches operating from the Midlands to the South East, with combined revenues of £180 million and over 750 employees.
IBMG (Independent Building Merchants) are looking for a contract resource to join an exciting and challenging project to deliver Business Intelligence into IBMG. We are looking for an SSRS resource to assist in the initial deployment of static and drill down reporting in a fast-moving environment. This challenging project and role will be key to delivering the initial round of fixed reporting to the business to tight timelines.
Based in Polegate near Eastbourne on the south cost, and at the moment remotely, the candidate will be a seasoned report writer using SSRS and be able to work autonomously whilst contributing to the group and assist in the setting of standard report templates and key KPI reporting to the business.
A team player who is a great communicator is essential for this role and someone who is up for a challenge are key requirements for the role.
Reporting to our senior data analyst, this person should be happy to work alone as well as part of the team.
It is expected that this resource would attend one day a week in the head office in Polegate for briefings, updates and progress reporting. All other interactions will be via Teams.
An experienced, motivated and driven SSRS report writer
Clear understanding of data and how to deliver fast, easily consumable and accurate reporting first time, every time.
Experience of working with end users and the wider IT team to gather requirements, prototype and get the job done.
Migration of existing reports from old data sources to new in progress reports
Great source management and quality controls
3 years’ experience in SSRS
5 years’ experience in complex TSQL
A wider appreciation of BI tools would be useful.
Understanding as sales and purchase data structures would be advantageous. As would wholesale and the building industry
Fixed term contract of 6 weeks, with a potential for a further 4 weeks.
Location - Polegate, however, remote working is currently in place.
Gratiture Solutions is looking for SQL & SSIS Developer with 6+ Years of experience. It is an incredibly unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to implement a variety of available data transformations.
· Over 6+ years of technical experience in Information Technology Arena and specializing in Data warehousing/Business Intelligence. Well versed in customer facing roles, client interaction, and communication and managing client expectations in accordance with scope, time, and effort.
· Possess strong knowledge of ETL and Reporting design/development activities with knowledge and experience in working on:
o MS SQL Server Business Intelligence Tools - SSIS, SSRS
o Tools - MS Visio, TFS, Excel
o Databases - Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012
· Certification in Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist and Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Business Intelligence Developer
· Experience with database design applications, including Visio and Erwin.
· Strong ability to analyze user requirements into technical solutions according to specifications.
· Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
· Analyze user specifications for workability, completeness, and business flow
· Participate in defining System Design, Architecture and Specifications Responsible for writing SSIS packages in SQL server 2012.
· Gather requirements and design of data warehouse and data mart entities.
· Index creation and performance tuning.
· Design and implement tables, functions, stored procedures, views, and triggers in SQL Server 2008.
· Create database structure in Visio
· Analyze and create data dictionary
· Works with business process experts to help identify functional requirements
· Supports Data Mapping Phases with proper technical analysis
· Designs and plans testing and reporting for the impact assessment of additional functionality
· Analyzes impact of future topology changes in the environment
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
Associates will be enabled with an option to work remote owing to the COVID -19 Pandemic.
SVGs not supported by this browser.Facebook
SVGs not supported by this browser.Twitter
SVGs not supported by this browser.LinkedIn
Exciting Remote SQL DBA, 5 months contract, opportunity in Los Angeles, CA.
Assist with deployment of GDE in the SQL environment.
Oracle PL/SQL DEVELOPER - FULLY REMOTE CONTRACT
Our client are looking for an experienced developer to join their Continuous Improvement team within the Application Development department, to both design and deliver excellent solutions.
Focusing on both strategic and tactical changes, automation, usability upgrades to systems and overall application performance as well as this contributing to wider projects and initiatives that have impacts on reporting requirements. The goal is to optimise existing client reporting applications so that they are functioning at their optimal level, creating a smooth end user experience.Essential Skills
Trading as TEKsystems. Allegis Group Limited, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. . Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request.
Fully remote Data scientist / python machine learning engineer and experience with Medical, Hospital, NHS or Patient Data would hugely advantageous but is not essential. However if thats a field of interest to you then this could be a great opportunity for you gain some real quality experience.
Key skills and experience
Please get in touch for more information about this opportunity.
Fideaux is seeking an Senior SQL Server Data Warehouse and SSRS Developer for a immediate contract opportunity. This work is 100% Remote on a 1099 arrangement only. You can be located anywhere in the USA. You need to provide your own computer, phone and internet access.
Role: Senior SQL Server Data Warehouse and SSRS Developer
The Senior Developer (Contractor) will be responsible for the development and loading of data into various Data Marts. Along with building SSRS reports for the dissemination of analytical data to management and key stakeholders.
The Contractor is also responsible for helping establish an enterprise reporting framework that aligns with other areas of the overall enterprise architecture.
The Contractor will also assist the team in migrating existing processes running in SQL Server Stored Procs, SSIS, etc into Google Cloud. This includes the migration of 350+ tables and ETL processes. The company is moving from on-premise to Google Cloud environments. Knowledge of Google Cloud and BigQuery is highly sought after.
1. Development of the ETL process to load from a variety of sources into Staging, Dimension, Fact tables.
2. Design and develop reports as required by various projects using SQL Server Stored Procedures and SSRS tools.
3. Provide production support by responding to issues, alerts, business and IT inquiries that are related to reports
4. Work with staff and vendors to troubleshoot issues, implement patches, and/or upgrades as required to ensure the optimal performance and function of the reporting tool/platform.
5. Candidate must fully understand the SDLC and adhere to customer testing practices.
6. Assist the group with migrating processes from SQL Server to Google Cloud.
Minimum Technical Qualifications
1. At least (15) years of experience designing, developing, debugging and supporting complex data integration interfaces and processes (including stored procedures, triggers, tables, user defined functions, views, indexes, relational database models) using various tools and technologies including SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL and SQL Server technology. This experience must include full time experience in developing ETL scripts and writing PL/SQL code from data model, dataflow diagram and technical design specifications.
2. At least (10) years of experience working as a ETL developer creating and fine-tuning SQL reports from data stored in SQL Server databases. This experience must include experience designing robust Logical Data Models and stewarding the data design of the solution and ensuring alignment with the larger roadmap goals.
3. At least (15) years of experience developing complex SQL queries; developing detailed SQL reporting specifications; aggregating, analyzing, validating, and/or reconciling data from heterogeneous data sources, e.g. MS SQL Server, XML files, CSV files, text files, etc.).
4. At least (15) years of experience demonstrating understanding of SDLC methodologies specific to requirements elicitation and analysis, analyzing business processes, business process modeling, preparing business use cases, logical data modeling, and user interface design for reports.
5. At least (10) years of experience working with Microsoft products/tools such as Power BI, SQL Server versions 2012/14, SQL Server Reporting Services, etc.
6. At least (10) years of experience monitoring the performance of reports and taking corrective action to optimize or improve the performance of the reports when necessary.
7. At least (10) years of experience designing and implementing Ad-hoc, Canned and Operational business intelligence (BI) reports using various BI reporting tools such as Microsoft Power BI and associated tools and technologies.
8. At least (10) years of experience producing and assisting in the creation of the following documents: Reports Specification document, data dictionary, reporting tool/platform architecture, test scenarios and test cases for reports testing, etc.
Desirable Technical Qualifications
1. Expertise in the field of Data Integration, Data Conversion, and ETL.
2. Expertise developing SQL Reports as part of the data integration solutions.
3. Experience following specifications provided by a Data Architect for development of SQL Server Integration Services based solutions for migrating data in both OLTP and Data Warehouse environments.
4. Working knowledge of industry standard data replication and data integration tools.
5. Strong understanding of SQL Server Reporting Services Security Model and integration with Microsoft Active Directory and SharePoint Technologies.
6. Extensive knowledge and understanding of SQL Server/MS.Net technologies and/or products.
7. Proven ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
8. Excellent oral communication skill and technical writing skill.
9. Ability to organize material, analyze a wide variety of facts and develop appropriate recommendations.
10. Google Cloud/ BigQuery and migration of data/processes to Google Cloud
About Fideaux Inc:
Fideaux, Inc., (Headquartered in Flat Rock, NC) is an IT & Financial Solutions provider committed to delivering results. Since our founding in 2012, we have been partnering with our customers, understanding their business, and developing solutions with a commitment to quality, reliability and value.
Please respond with a copy of your resume MS Word resume.
Selected candidate will have to complete background check.
Relocation and living expenses not funded
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $60.00 - $80.00 per hour
All work is remote, no personal contact required.
Full Time Opportunity:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
This Job Is: