You will be joining our SQL Server Database support team in the role of a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator where you will be an integral member of a dynamic team providing database support for XTIVIA customers and their mission-critical/production database systems. The SQL Server Support team provides expert-level customer service and support for all versions of SQL Server and their associated applications. In this role, you are expected to have expert level knowledge of SQL Server and the best business practices associated with Installation, Configuration, Operation, and Security.
We operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, you will support multiple clients and each one will have unique needs and requirements. Customer service is a key part of this position as you will directly interact with the customers and often work on live screen share sessions in order to provide them support.
As a remote position, the ideal candidate will be able to manage their time effectively, be proactive, and engage regularly with the team throughout each day. Must be willing to learn and teach as we help to grow the skills of our junior team members.
This is not a contract. It is a full-time salaried position. - I am unable to sponsor or transfer Visas REMOTE - This position will continue to be remote after COVID although you must still reside within the USA. When safe there could be occasional travel. Candidates must be able to pass a 10-year background check.
Please note: Due to federal security clearance requirements, the applicant must be a United States Citizen
DBA Experienced with:
My client, a global communications provider are currently in the market for a Cloud Solution Architect to come on board for an initial 3 month contract. They want a SA who ideally comes from an infrastructure/Systems background.
This role is working fully remote and paying up to £500-550 per day and sits outside of IR35.
If this role is of any interest, please apply for the role and I will be in touch to discuss.
Randstad Technologies is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Title: Sr. Database Administrator/T-SQL Developer
Not able to provide sponsorship
In this role you will be splitting your time between database developer and database administrator functions. As a database developer, you will be working closely with the Application Developers to create new, complex stored procedures and functions using T-SQL in the MS SSMS environment while ensuring compliance to database best practices. As the Senior Database Administrator you are responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the Company databases. Additionally, you will be responsible for planning and troubleshooting the databases and related web application systems.
As Database Developer you will:
As Senior Database Administrator you will:
· Manage and analyze database performance, high availability and capacity of systems.
· Manage operations and configuration for back-end database and related web servers, including database performance optimization, upgrading, applying patches, securing, tuning, audit-tracking and reporting.
· Build database schema, tables, procedures and permissions.
· Control access permissions and privileges.
· Implement table and index partitioning when required
· Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency.
· Oversee backups, database server clusters, mirroring, replication and failover.
· Restore and recover corrupted databases.
· Implement data backup, business continuity and disaster recovery plans for the managed systems. Oversee and Support the backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
· Evaluate and recommend new database technologies.
· Perform capacity planning in order to provide recommendations for hardware and software acquisition.
· Provide after-hours support on a rotational basis with other staff.
The successful candidate should possess a documented track record of successful accomplishments in previous positions and the following minimum skill set:
· Over 5 years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
· Extensive knowledge and use of RDBMS and Web application servers.
· Extensive experience installing and configuring Microsoft Failover Clusters and installing and configuring Microsoft SQL Server in Active/Active and Active Passive clusters.
· Experience managing databases in multiple instance environments such as Development, Testing, Demo and Production.
· Practical experience in managing operations and configuration for backend database and related web application systems, including application performance optimization, securing, tuning, audit tracking and reporting. Experience with data backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover technologies.
· Candidate should be extremely organized and detail-oriented
· Keen ability to collaborate with others and willingness to think outside the box
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
Capability to get along with others, self-starter, fun to be around
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $50.00 - $60.00 per hour
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
This is a contract to hire position with a client located in Meridian, ID. The initial contract term is 6 months.
***All candidates must be local to the Boise area. The role will be a mix of on-site and remote work.
This role supports our vision by installing, analyzing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL instances and database operations across the enterprise in order to maintain secure, stable, and available SQL communications for end users, internal customers, and public facing services.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Essential Job Functions:
Valuable Additional Experience:
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
SQL Server Database Engineer
Realtors Property Resource, a member benefit for the National Association of Realtors, has an immediate opening for a SQL Server Database Engineer in central Orange County, California. If building and tuning databases and high-performance ETL is your forte, then read on!
The heart of this 10-year-old company is one of the largest collections of property-specific data in the world, front-ended by a platform that has become a must-have utility for many of our 1.3 million members. It provides members the information they need to stay authoritative in the industry and firmly at the center of the real estate transaction. Our next-generation platform will integrate more data and analysis in creative and beautiful ways, creating a faster, more useful and engaging platform for our users. We will improve reliability, increase frequency, reduce latency, improve data quality, provide accurate reporting and reduce labor all while getting product and service updates to market faster. Exciting career possibilities!
This SQL Server Database Engineer role requires a broadly- and deeply-skilled technologist who is keenly able to build and support end-to-end technological solutions that precisely address our business challenges. In addition to database and ETL design, this position also includes building operational reporting for internal stakeholders, analytical reporting for industry & media and ongoing support for all database operations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
Currently, our office is closed and our entire team is working remotely. We do not expect to open the office until after the first of the year at the earliest.
DevOps Engineer - £480-£500 3-6 month contract - Outside IR35 - Azure, Powershell, CI/CD
I have just had a DevOps Engineer contract position come across my desk looking for someone who has Azure, Powershell, CI/CD. This is a 3-6 month contract and will most likely last 1 year. This a fully remote position.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Azure IaaS + FaaS + PaaS (VM’s, Azure Functions, App Services, Redis, etc).
- Knowledge of Cloud networking and security.
- Experience writing and deploying IaC using Ansible or Terraform.
- Experience in setting up and configuration of CI/CD pipeline products such as Azure Devops, TeamCity and Octopus.
- Strong scripting skills. Preferably Powershell and/or Bash.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Industry experience using logging and application performance monitoring tools such as New Relic.
- Exposure to load testing practises and capacity planning.
- Communication skills for managing and escalating issues to 3rd parties.
- If you have an understanding of high availability and disaster recovery strategies, that would also be a plus, as would; familiarity with Atlassian products, C# and .Net Core.
If this DevOps Engineer role is of interest, Please apply!
Contract Developer DevOps (Developer Experience Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer)
3 Month Contract
Azure; JMeter; Ansible; Terraform; C#; asp.net; Web APIs; Continuous-Integration
Spectrum IT's Southampton Client are seeking an experienced Contract Engineer to join their DevEx/SRE team for a three month contract. In this role you will assist with a project rolling out replacement infrastructure (now under IaC) and load testing using JMeter in anticipation of their busy January business period.
Candidates for this role will have a strong interest in cloud computing and collaboration for our small and growing Developer Experience and System Reliability teams.
Under the role of Developer Experience Engineer (Dev/Ex), you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and improving the tools and automated systems that the client's IT teams rely on. This is inline with he current process of migrating the Azure infrastructure to a full IaC (Infrastructure as Code) solution based around Ansible and Terraform. IaC is being integrated as an integral part of our CI/CD pipeline.
As part of a team that supports the Azure infrastructure and CI/CD tools; you will have a crucial role ensuring the stability and performance by gathering, analysing and acting on the metric data collected. Communication and collaboration with other teams is essential, the ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable communicating with developers and stakeholders alike.
A key area for this role will involve promoting a DevOps culture in the department by working with colleagues as part of the DevOps Chapter. From this you will be improving the Azure estate by recognising potential improvements to functionality and security.
In regards to SRE, you will have responsibilities of a System Reliability Engineer. You will be using monitoring and logging platforms for alerting and to provide insight into any potential issues. When issues arise you will be responsible for triaging and assigning them to the appropriate team. To further increase stability and performance you will be defining and operating our load testing strategy.
Skill / Experience Required:
An understanding of high availability and disaster recovery strategies would be beneficial, as would a familiarity with Atlassian products, C# and .Net Core.