Our customer is looking for a contract with right to hire ASAP - no third parties please
Title: Network Security Engineer III
Onsite Location: Chantilly VA
Contract: 6 Month Contract with Right to Hire
Our Customer is hiring a Network Security Engineer III in Chantilly, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to lead engineering specific activities on enterprise infrastructure systems, services and applications. This role will be responsible for system design; standards-based implementation, capacity planning, systems integration, process / procedure development and refinement, and technical support.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement systems in a phased approach of requirements analysis, system design review, installation, integration, and testing.
- Lead the development of product/project requirements and success criteria through collaboration with internal and external customers. Leverage these criteria and integrate business and technical knowledge when designing and developing solutions to deliver optimal, elegant solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements while delivering the best value and user experience.
- Responsible for leading the infrastructure engineering initiatives.
- Responsible for stability, integrity and efficiency of the infrastructure and information systems that support core functions of the business.
- Accountable for providing escalation support to troubleshoot and maintain production infrastructure and to resolve production issues and outages.
- Recommend new and emerging technologies to solve business problems.
- Maintain proper documentation including configuration specifics and procedures, for implementation and ongoing operation/maintenance of infrastructure solutions.
- Provide technical support for enterprise systems. Troubleshoot, repair and recover from hardware or software failures in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Install, configure, test and maintain systems, application software and infrastructure tools.
- Serve as a key team member using existing technical knowledge and have the skills to perform specific projects independently.
- Maintain the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Interact with other engineers and management to identify areas of improvement for operational efficiency.
- Work closely with technical and non-technical personnel within and across Customer departments and vendors.
- Accountable for managing all assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Comply with Incident Management and Change Management procedures and reporting practices.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT industry as it relates to the technologies identified as primary responsibilities including awareness of new or revised solutions and improved processes.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place systems.
- Assist junior and subordinate staff in researching technical problems and complex designs in order to develop staff capabilities.
- Participate in on-call 24x7 support as needed in the event of system outage or failure.
- Architect, design, support, and maintain firewall infrastructure for a highly available and disaster recovery configurations in an enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding of how firewalls work within a routing, switching environment.
- Strong understanding of application network and firewall provisioning.
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting site-to-site VPN tunnels on firewalls.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Management platforms such as Cisco works, Cisco Prime, and Cisco Security Manager.
- Strong understanding of Cisco AnyConnect components.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting TACACS in a multivendor environment.
- Strong understanding of F5 load balancers.
- Strong understanding of VMware NSX for micro segmentation
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting McAfee IPS.
- Strong network security troubleshooting skills, this should include: load balancers, proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN client communications, and vendor VPN communications.
- Strong understanding of Mainframe networking a plus.
- Assist project teams with their project architectures and engineer security by design.
- Experience using Scrutinizer to manage network devices and troubleshoot.
- Experience using log analysis tools to troubleshoot issues and to plan for future requirements.
- Experience installing and configuring Atalla a plus.
- Understanding of wireless security in an enterprise environment.
- Experience troubleshooting DDoS vendor communications issues.
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Solve complex Integration challenges and debug complex configuration issues
- Mentor users and other groups on their use of network security solutions
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required.
- In lieu of a degree, combination of education and a minimum of ten (10) years of related work experience is required that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to perform all the essential job functions.
- Strong understanding of Network, Compute, Storage, Cloud and End-User technologies
- Strong understanding of System design and integration with a thorough familiarity with multi-tiered application architecture and public, private, and hybrid cloud technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and multi-tasking skills desired.
- Must be able to present system designs for user approval at formal reviews.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Strong communication, documentation, and time management skills.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $125,000.00 to $145,000.00 /year
- Network Security: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
The Network Security Engineer with Zscaler Exp (Level 3) is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, supporting of network and network security infrastructure and application components.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking and WAN.
* Designing, deploying and supporting Zscaler Cloud based Infrastructure across various Data Centers and Disaster Recovery environments
* Manage and configure Bluecoat, ZScalar proxy devices
* Migrating the policies from on premise Bluecoat to Cloud Based Zscaler Proxy service in tandem with various application owners.
* Understand the Traffic Flows for both Https (web Traffic) standard and custom application-based traffic and accordingly design solution around it for Firewalling and Proxy services.
* Whitelisting IP space for various Project team to access external vendors access to ensure safe and secure connectivity.
* Work on Palo Alto Zone based Firewalls to create Zones and Policies for various segment of the network and accordingly troubleshoot any connectivity issues thereof across various Security Zones viz – DMZ, DAZ, BEZ, userDMZ, User Zone etc.
* Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
* Provides network systems Engineering support to users for
- Cisco ASA, Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewalls
- F5 Big IP load Balancers
- Blue Coat Proxy
- Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Wireless Devices
- InfoBlox IPAM
- AWS Infrastructure Exp. is good to have
* Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
* Work with internal applications teams and design and implement appropriate network solutions
* Provide Technical Support for issues escalated by Level 2 Operations
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
* Coordinates activities with other system areas and vendors, and deals with network security systems planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $100,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Network Security Engineer with Zscaler: 5 years (Required)
- More than 1 year
Full Time Opportunity:
Last 90 Days
ONLY US CITIZENS AND GREEN CARD HOLDERS AS PER CLIENT'S REQUEST!!!!!
Position: Informatica Engineer
Location: Reston, VA
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics, SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
7+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Must have hands-on experience in development, engineering and operational product platform support in Informatica tools.
8 + Years of strong hands on Informatica PowerCenter and Data quality Administration (Versions 9.6 / 10.x). Solid experience in development, administration, architecting, engineering and setting up Informatica Environments.
7 + Years of hands-on experience in configuration, development, performance benchmarks, monitoring, best practices, design patterns and use cases of Power center, Data Quality , Informatica Developer component and Data Virtualization,
7 + years of hands-on experience in planning and upgrading large scale ETL (Informatica PowerCenter / Data quality) environments and Enterprise Data Warehouse applications.
7 + Years of hands-on Informatica process Automation experience using Perl and UNIX shell scripting.
Experience with Informatica Intelligent Cloud service
7 + Year of hands-on Oracle and SQL experience.
5 + years of experience with XML, CSS and HTML.
5 + years’ experience with Web service development.
Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written. Including ability to work with all management levels.
Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines.
Must have high integrity and accountability, willing to do what it takes to make the team and project for the enterprise successful.
Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure and with a strong sense of urgency.
Ability to share technical knowledge and clearly communicate technical concepts.
Strong leadership skills with ability to articulate ideas and issues in a team environment.
Should have AWS basic awareness, experience with Cloud offered ETL services is a plus
Hadoop, Big Data, Python, Ab Initio, Netezza is a plus.
Job Type: Contract