Back-end Software Engineer (SC Cleared)
Location: Cheadle/Remote (Cheadle full time for a few months then fully remote)
Duration: 9 Months
Rate: £410.00 (umbrella)
Our Cheadle, Manchester based client has an opportunity for a Back-End Software Developer to join the team on an initial 9 month contract basis.
Key responsibilities will include the design, implementation and test of infrastructure and middleware products to support the combat system of our autonomous mine warfare capability, using industry standard tools and methods.
* In-depth knowledge of Linux essential (RHEL 8), rpm package management, file system, device management
* Ability to develop in Python 3 and Bash scripts
* Experience of Agile methodologies
* Experience of configuration management ideally using Git and Jira
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* An ability to work as a key member of the team
Desirable requirements in order of preference:
* Experience of Ansible roles/playbooks
* Experience in Security hardening of Linux (selinux/STIG)
* Awareness of UML modelling
* A knowledge of Software architectures
* Awareness of automated testing
* Awareness of DOORs
**Due to the nature of the role you will be required to hold SC Clearance. The role will also be based fully on-site in Cheadle for the first couple of months - remote working will then follow**
Interested? - Hit Apply
Ranked as a top Fortune 100 Financial Services company, our client has an opening for a Sr. Salesforce Developer. This is a contract to hire opportunity! The initial duration will be 12 months with the expectation of converting to FTE afterwards.
This position will start out working remotely until offices are deemed safe to reopen. At which time, the role would be onsite in your choice of Charlotte, NC, Minneapolis, MN or Des Moines, IA.
Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a Fortune 100 company with around $2.0 trillion in assets.
The team is bringing Salesforce into their environment and developing a Sales CRM Strategy. They have no current Salesforce expertise and as such need senior level resources that can serve as SMEs. The work is integration and new development.
Check out the qualifications below. If you feel that you meet these, please apply online. Let us help you make that next great career decision!
This is a W2 position with Advantage Resourcing. Will not accept resumes from recruiters or agencies.
We offer benefits for purchase that include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance as well as an excellent 401k plan.
Advantage Reference # 1172462
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
One of the world’s leading producers and distributors of TV programmes are recruiting a Java Developer for a fixed term 12-month contract, to help play an integral part in delivering outstanding, customer-focused systems.
This role sits within the Systems Team who focus on the modernisation of systems and the successful candidate will use their Java skills to support and deliver enhancements for a critical Sales and Rights project.
We are looking for a talented Java Developer with knowledge of full project lifecycle, including requirements gathering, analysis, design and coding, with experience developing complicated database-driven systems. The Java Developer should be a dynamic, clear, and flexible thinker with a focus on detail and accuracy.
The Java Developer will:
· Influence the technical direction of projects.
· Be responsible for the design and implementation of solutions, using the latest tools and techniques.
· Deliver complex e-business applications and advanced application integration services.
· Utilise Agile methodologies to deliver the full life cycle development of complex Java projects.
· Be involved in requirements gathering, and other user-focused activities.
· Manage development streams, directing small teams in specific project activities and estimation.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Java 7 of 8
· User Interface Framework: either Vaadin, JSF, Spring MVC or GWT
· Database: either Oracle, MySql or MS SQL Server
· SQL – knowledge and experience of SQLs of some complexity
· Persistence API /ORM: JPA or Hibernate
· Finance and Database focussed applications
· Web, Middleware and JPA Development
· Integrated Development Environment: IntelliJ or Eclipse
· Build automation: either Maven or Gradle
· Version Control: either Subversion, Git or equivalent
· Development Tool: either Toad, SQL Developer, PLSQL Developer, or equivalent
The role offers a vibrant and social workplace operating in a dynamic and fast-paced sector. For an ambitious, creative and self-motivated team player, this is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference to this already high-achieving organisation.
The role is currently fully remote. You will be required to work 2 days per week in Central London once the Covid pandemic subsides.
My name is Stephanie Leavitt and I am a Senior Recruiter/Account Manager with ACT Consulting. We have an urgent contract opening for a Jersey City, NJ with our direct client. Please take a moment to review the job description. If this is something you are interested in, please send me a copy of your resume. Also, if you are not interested and know someone who may be a fit for this job, we do offer a competitive referral fee.
We have an urgent need for a Senior Java Developer that is a fully REMOTE Position – may eventually sit in Jersey City, NJ (must be able to be onsite should covid restrictions be lifted)
Assignment Length: Contract for 18 months +
Rates: up to $88.88 rate on w/2 depending on experience
Work in an agile and fast-paced environment interfacing with management, business and senior technology members
Bachelor’s degree or foreign education equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering with 10+ years of experience performing Java/J2EE software engineering within a financial services environment (capital markets ).
Powered by JazzHR
|Solicitation Reference Number: 304133084||Working Title: Core Engineer||Title/Level: Software Engineer 2|
|Category: Applications/Software Development||Full Time||NTE Rate:$101.57|
The Candidate will perform highly advanced design and development work as part of a project team with direction and guidance from Project Manager and Applications Services Management. The Worker must have strong hands-on technical experience with Java and Spring Boot. The primary goal of the worker will be to assist with the implementation, optimization and maintenance of back-end API/Micro Services using Java and Spring Boot.
CPA will require the Candidate to work on the following initiatives and will perform advanced analysis/programming tasks such as:
Working in large complex environments implementing, reviewing and optimizing API end-points written in Spring Boot and Java.
Providing technical review of existing API end-points to verify if best practices are being followed.
Providing guidance and knowledge sharing to existing development staff.
|Minimum Requirements: |
Candidates that do not meet or exceed the minimum stated requirements (skills/experience) will be displayed to customers but may not be chosen for this opportunity.
|7||Required||Experience with full-stack web application development|
|5||Required||Experience with Spring components: Core, Boot, Data, MVC|
|5||Required||Experience with Java development|
|5||Required||Experience with highly complex application security requirements|
|4||Required||Experience implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST w/JSON) using Spring Boot for Microservices and Red Hat OpenShift|
|4||Required||Experience with relational database design and modeling with SQL Server and Oracle|
|4||Required||Experience with Git, Bitbucket|
|3||Required||Experience completing system documentation|
|2||Required||Experience with Agile development experience with Scrum, Kanban|
|2||Required||Experience with Enzyme 3.0+|
|4||Preferred||Experience working with enterprise software solutions|
|4||Preferred||Experience with knowledge transfer to team members|
|2||Preferred||Experience with applications deployed on Kubernetes or OpenShift|
|2||Preferred||Public sector experience (Federal, State or Local Government)|
|2||Preferred||Experience with Confluence|
|2||Preferred||Proficient with the Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Project, Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint|
|1||Preferred||Experience with MuleSoft implementation|
Must be able to:
work with Business Customers, Section Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in a professional and collaborative manner to define strategies and implementation approaches.
debug and optimize existing API end-points written in Sprint Boot and Java.
implement new API end-points written in Spring Boot and Java.
create relational database designs and models using SQL Server and Oracle.
administer and support middleware applications used by Application Services.
work independently in a team environment with local and remote teams
knowledge of API Service architectures (SOAP, REST w/JSON) using Spring Boot for Microservices and Red Hat OpenShift
strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
knowledge of software development methodologies Agile and Scrum
problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary
Must perform other related work as assigned
Work Hours: Candidate must be available to work 8 to 5 Central Standard Time Alternative work hours must be pre-approved by the Direct Supervisor
Onsite Requirement: Candidate will be working remotely since all Application Services programmers are teleworking. Onsite work will be very limited and must be pre-approved by the Direct Supervisor
This is currently a 6.5-month assignment:
Estimated FY21: 960+ hours
Period of Service: 02/16/21 08/31/21
This assignment may be extended based on need and funding. (# of hours may change based on negotiated hourly rate).
This request includes the option for CPA to renew this assignment for the following terms:
FY22 9/1/21 to 8/31/22, FY23 9/1/22 to 8/31/23, FY24 9/1/23 to 8/31/24
The Awarded Vendor and Contractor will be required to furnish and adhere to the following:
Terms and Conditions: If selected, the vendor shall be required to sign and adhere to the CPA's Additional T&Cs. The contractor shall be required to sign several security documents and also adhere to CPA's Additional T&Cs.
Background Check: Proof/Receipt that a background check has been performed and passed
Picture ID (Government): Copy of a state Driver's License/ID Card or US Government photo id.
COVID-19 Notification: Onsite instructions for contractors and vendors
The Awarded Candidate will be required to come to the LBJ Building (in person) to pick up the state issued laptop/equipment.
React: 3 years (Required)
Intergrating React with CSS frameworks: 2 years (Required)
SASS frameworks: 2 years (Preferred)
Software development/engineering background: 2 years (Preferred)
Bootstrap CSS framework: 2 years (Preferred)
React Front End Developer
This position is full-time remote, but we also have offices in Austin, Texas and Washington, DC.
Required (Must Have)
Desired (Nice to Have)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $46.00 - $51.00 per hour
Full Time Opportunity:
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, deployment, automation and support of web solutions primarily in a global cloud based environment. Heavily creates automation for most work to ensure secure, scalable and repeatable work. Maintains current or near current levels of software, patches, features and configurations for the IT systems. Provides documentation across the multiple environments and cross-trains team members on supported technologies and processes. Responsible for root cause analysis and implementing corrective measure resulting from incidents.
Strategy & Planning
• Participate in creating quarterly work plan of activities in support of
customer/vendor goals and/or strategies. Provide input to creation of rolling
maintenance plan of activities 6-12 months in advance.
• Contribute to capacity and scalable planning efforts.
• Develops and implements standards and guidelines to guide infrastructure
• Plans and migrates legacy software and systems to leverage current web
Acquisition & Deployment
• Participate, at the task level, in the transition of support for new IT solutions
that have been implemented for customer by internal teams or other
• Define and implement plans to upgrade/migrate technology versions and to
• Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information
against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
• Participate in application/server/platform lifecycle management.
• Define and deploy servers and applications leveraging automation and source
• Participate in the design, engineering, configuration, operation and
maintenance of secure and scalable internet/cloud hardware and software
infrastructure that serves up web pages and web applications
• Automates installation and configuration standards of applications and software
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues affecting the hardware and software
• Perform automated controlled deployments of digital assets between
development, quality assurance and production environments.
• Tune infrastructure, web and application server performance.
• Ability to plan and complete projects based on high-level requirements with
minimal or no guidance.
• Mentor and coach junior engineers.
• Work closely with lead engineers to understand and implement team standard
platforms and technologies.
• Perform activities in support of a 24x7 global support model for critical
• Track daily work in project management software.
• Define and implement monitoring of business transactions, servers, application,
website and infrastructure.
• Monitor servers, applications and websites leveraging enterprise platform.
• Plan and implement disaster recovery plans.
• Evaluate product proof of concepts.
• Assist with various projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency
and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and
ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years IT experience.
• Good understanding of J2EE technologies, e.g., Servlets, JSPS, EJBS,
• 2 years of experience in any one of these technologies: Puppet, Chef, Ruby,
Python or Shell scripting
• 5 years of hands-on Linux scripting and administration or experience with
managing middleware application technologies is required
• 2 Years experience with DevOps and automation of deploying application in the
cloud is required
• 3+ years experience in Application Server with installation, automation and
• Strong knowledge of WebLogic, WebSphere or other Application server
deployment and analysis of log files.
• Understanding of the key underlying enterprise Java technologies, e.g., JMS,
JDBC, JNDI, including how they are configured and administered.
• Strong working knowledge of Webservers, e.g ,Apache, NGINX or other.
• Understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, load balancing and network concepts.
• Strong experience with Shell scripting to automate tasks.
• Strong understanding of automation and deployment tools (Puppet, Jenkins,
GIT or similar).
• Understanding of container technology.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Automation and Deployment tools (Jenkins, GIT)
• Container management and deployment (Docker)
• Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef)
• Cloud hosting experience
• Infrastructure as Code (Cloudformation)
• Application Performance Monitoring (DynaTrace or similar).
• IBM WebSphere Commerce
• Good knowledge of LDAP concepts and experience working with a LDAP
• Adobe Experience Manager CMS or similar
• IBM MQ experience.
• Search platforms like Solr.
• IBM Sterling Order Management experience.
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to understand automation and leverage it to do most work.
This is a remote position which may be performed anywhere within the United States
except for within the state of Colorado.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location:United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations:USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters101 West Prospect AveCleveland44115
Travel:Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting:Feb 24, 2021
Respond By:May 31, 2021
BDR Solutions, LLC, (BDR) supports the U.S. Federal Government in successfully achieving their mission and goals. Our service and solution delivery starts with understanding each client’s end-state, and then seamlessly integrating within each Agency’s organization to improve and enhance business and technical operations and deployments.
BDR is an SBA approved 8(a) program participant, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), certified Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone), and Minority-Owned Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB).
BDR is seeking a Senior Software Developer (Java) to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Community Care Reimbursement System (CCRS) Development contract. The place of performance of this position is in Vienna, VA, however the individual will work remotely until it is safe to return working in the office environment. When business resumes to working ‘in office’ the individual will have the option of working remotely on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate will be local to the Vienna, VA area and able to meet with team members as needed.
Senior Software Developer (Java) (Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
Senior Software Developer (Java) will be responsible for providing sustainment support and development for defects, updates and enhancement requests for CCRS supported applications. The developer will also be responsible for serving in a DevOps role as the administrator for the CCRS database and WebLogic servers as well as providing configuration management support.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
Required Minimum Qualifications
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
BDR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Powered by JazzHR