We are seeking an Azure Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Engineer on a short term contract basis. The initial contract will be three days per week for three weeks.
You will be joining the KCOM team that is being formed for this engagement. The customer is a large public sector organisation located an hour south of central London.
This customer is about to embark on an Azure migration and requires assistance around the build and deployment of the supporting infrastructure. You will help validate their choice of tooling and help get them started as they commence the build and deployment of the landing zone into which their services will be migrated. It is of upmost importance to our customer that they utilise best practices from the start. The customer has used Azure previously, so has a good understanding of public cloud.
We are looking for someone who embraces and evangelises DevOps concepts of automation and repeatability yet is also capable of being hands-on in building and delivering those concepts.
You will therefore have a strong hands-on Azure build and deployment background and will be able to advise the customer based upon experience. Key skills include the use of Terraform, ARM templates, PowerShell, version control (using Git) and experience deploying Azure infrastructure with Azure DevOps (VSTS). We are looking for an individual who has used these technologies successfully on enterprise projects. As part of the interview process we will require the candidate to partake in a hands-on practical test on the use of these technologies.
In addition to the hands-on aspect of this role, you will need to be able to present findings and recommendations clearly and concisely to the customer, both verbally and through presentations and documentation. You will therefore need strong spoken and written English skills.
As part of this engagement you will be working on-site with the customer. There may be some limited opportunity for remote working on some days of the engagement. We are looking for an individual who is pragmatic, approachable, proactive, collaborative, and flexible (as the customer's requirements may change throughout the engagement).
This is an exciting opportunity with a high profile, public sector organisation. The successful delivery of the first phase of consultancy may result in further engagements.
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design, build and deployment, including private and public cloud, networking, connectivity, storage, virtualisation and identity
- Implementation of Azure networking for enterprise organisations
- Build of hybrid environments to span existing customer networks and Azure
- Securing, managing and monitoring Azure environments
- Experience building and deploying resilient Azure cloud architectures
- Experience of migration and modernisation of workloads from customers' on-prem data centres to Azure
- Well versed in Windows and has the skills and confidence to learn and work on Linux when needed
- Experienced in the use of Azure platform services to create born in the cloud PaaS solutions
- Experience building and deploying Azure resources using IaC
- Experience with the Azure CLI, PowerShell/Azure PowerShell and the Azure Portal
- Writing and deploying ARM templates
- Writing and deploying infrastructure using Terraform
- Testing templates (using Pester and Terratest)
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell DSC, Chef and Puppet
- Creating and managing CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Azure DevOps (VSTS) to deploy both infrastructure and applications
- Experience of version control systems such as Azure DevOps (VSTS) and Git
- Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Azure Active Directory, AD Connect, Operations Management Suite/Log Analytics, Azure Monitor, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure App Services, Azure Storage, Azure Import/Export, Azure SQL Server, MySQL, Azure Automation
- Active Directory
- Bash experience
- Exposure to other cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Docker and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Experience with serverless deployment, maintenance and associated tool chain
- Working knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Ability to maximise knowledge transfer through the production of high quality process documentation
- Strong adoption of automation philosophies
- Delivery focused with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem investigation and diagnosis skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people internally and externally
- A willingness to be flexible in terms of location, hours and types of work undertaken
70-533 Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions and/or AZ-100 Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Deployment and AZ-101 Microsoft Azure Integration and Security.
Azure DW Developer-Data Migration (SQL Server/Data Factory/DataLake) (Newcastle/Edinburgh)
I'm currently looking for a strong SQL Server Data Warehouse developer with experience migrating from on premise solutions to a hybrid cloud environment including Azure DW. The role is part of a wider IT transformation and refresh programme and will sit within a specific analytics team made up of both contract and permanent staff.
The business are used to managing high volumes of data therefore candidates used to developing enterprise solutions as part of a team will viewed favourably.
The core skills I'm looking for include;
MS SQL Server 2014 onward
Data Migration using SSIS/Data Factory
Experience using Data Lake is beneficial but not essential. This role can be based in either Newcastle or Edinburgh with the offer of some remote work. If this is of interest, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.modis.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement
We have partnered with an innovative Software Development company who are searching for a Senior Java Developer to join their team based in Hampshire. As a Senior Java Developer, you will be joining a team of 20 Developers and will be working on an array of greenfield projects for their end clients. This role will require 3 days onsite and 2 days remote working.
Key responsibilities for this Senior Java Developer are:
- Building and extending Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines and toolchains
- Creating and enhancing software solutions catered to the business’ software needs
- Maintaining and updating existing codebase
- Ensure software quality throughout testing
The ideal candidate will have 5 years’ experience of developing enterprise class web applications in a microservice architecture using Java (including Java 8) ideally for a software house or start-up company
- 3 years’ experience of using a Spring framework (any of the following: Spring Core, Cloud, Boot, MVC, Data, Security, Batch)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- SQL Server
- Good understanding of using and configuring CI tools: Git, GitFlow, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Jira
Applicants with experience of Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and Grifana would be highly desirable as would experience of Angular or React frameworks
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Java Developer who is looking to work on numerous greenfield projects and is hoping to gain commercial exposure to further technologies.
Interviews are taking place immediately.
If you’d like to apply for this role, or find out more, please contact Gina quoting reference J13930, including your latest CV or portfolio.
020 7776 9736
I’m currently working exclusively with a key client of mine in Kent who are looking for an additional contractor to join their team. I have one contractor onsite already but due to the size of the project they’re looking for additional support.
As part of this project, the front end has already been built but they now need someone (ideally with Telecoms experience) to build a single back end database to replace the current system.
Essential skills required:
- .NET, C# 4.5+
- ASP.Net MVC 5+
- Visual Studio 2013+
- SQL Server / T-SQL
- J Query, data tables and other plug ins
The client is happy for onsite or remote working, however 1 day onsite per week is required.
I have interview slots available this week, if you’re available immediatley please apply below with up to date CV and references.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
Over 3 months old
Backend .Net Developer | Leeds | 12 months contract | 2 days remote working/week.
Backend .Net Developer | Leeds | 12 months contract | 2 days remote working/week.
My client is looking for an experienced Backend .Net Developer to join a team responsible for providing internal business tools.
- A track record of developing in one of the following C#.NET
- Experience in SQL Server
- Knowledge of Xamarin is very desirable but not a must!
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to take non technical directions and instructions from various stakeholders and translate these into technical coding and applications.
- Work for a highly successful organisation
- Apart of a successful and innovative team
- Be trusted to work remotely 2 days a week from the first week.
- Location: Leeds city centre 3 days a week and the other 2 remotely.
- Rate: £350-400/day
- Length: 12 months
- Interview Process: 1 stage F2F.
- Start Date: ASAP.
For more information please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
.Net C# Developer - work remotely - 3 Month Rolling Contract
.Net C# Developer required for the full lifecycle design and development of this market leading telematics data driven portal used for analysis, costing and productivity. This B2B and B2C platform helps reduce operating costs and reduce risk in multi-site businesses.
Based in North London, the client is happy for you to work remotely allowing you to benefit from a modern work life balance. That said, you will be required to visit the office from time to time so you need to be based within commuting distance of North London and be eligible to work in the UK. This is a 3 month contract and highly likely to be extended.
A heavy data feed / data driven role, you will be able receive and process data from various sources, analyse, parse, and understand their relation to their SQL Server database.
- Microsoft C# in an MVC and WebApi environment
- Data feeds / Json
- Good knowledge of programming Windows Services
- SQL Server, schema design, stored procedures and query optimisation
- ADO and Entity Framework
Working with the management to accelerate the development of their portal and its spin off modules.
Help identify new requirements that can be incorporated into the product to improve its marketability and uniqueness.
You will be encouraged to research, identify and adopt the latest technology trends and components and incorporate into the product where competitive advantage can be obtained.
Producing good quality reports and documentation to demonstrate value to customers.
Participate in the design and development of a customer self-service portal, subject to completion of the above.
Be able to pre-empt data issues by regularly examining data received. Able to bug fix data issues and negotiate data feeds with suppliers.
You will be able to simplify and make more maintainable some stored procedures, perhaps bringing some more of the SQL code into entity framework so that performance and version control can be improved.
Examine and perhaps re-write the alert service to make it more structured, version controlled, easier to update and able to be started / stopped at any time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.