- Project Conception/Refinement -- Work alongside our product team to conceive, refine, and plan for new functionality/products that enhance FEPOC’s products/value
- Project Management -- Shepherd projects throughout their phases, manage resources, plan out delivery, expose and mitigate risks
- Promote/Foster Innovation -- Identify ways our modeling, processes, interactions can be improved and work with the team to propose and implement solutions
- Represent Data Science -- Work alongside our product team to conceive and bring to life new functionality/products that impact FEPOC’s performance and value. Represent the data science team throughout FEPOC.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Advanced proficiency in Python and Spark/Scala for classical statistical analysis and data modeling, machine learning and ETL processes.
- Ability to write production-ready code including documentation and unit tests.
- Experience with machine learning methods like k-nearest neighbors, random forests, ensemble methods and more.
- Proficiency in data science modeling – AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Decision Trees, Random Forest, Neural Networks, Supervised/Unsupervised Learning, Forecasting, Predictive Modeling and Clustering.
- Strong background in machine learning using unsupervised and supervised methods.
- Deep knowledge of fundamentals of machine learning, data mining and statistical predictive modeling, and extensive experience applying these methods to real world problems
- Fluency in SQL and other programming languages. Some development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Proven experience of using Python Machine Learning & Data Pre-processing Libraries. (Scikit Learn, Numpy, Pandas)
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- 5-8 Years data science research or industry experience
- Python proficiency -- It’s our lingua franca, and we’re big Jupyter fans
- MS or PhD in CS or STEM -- Ability to transform concepts into practical solutions
- Machine Learning experience -- Successful implementation of ML solutions
- Communication Ability -- Experience/comfort in presenting abstract concepts
- Project Management Experience -- Experience leading large DS/ML projects
- Healthcare Experience -- Experience with data science/ML techniques as applied to Healthcare, specifically experience on recommendation engines for members and claims anomaly detection
Preferred experience with a statistical package such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Proficiency with healthcare analytics and data structures is preferred.
- Desired interdisciplinary skills include big data technologies, ETL, statistics and causal inference, Deep Learning, modeling and simulation.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to create data visualizations using Python.
- Leading data science projects or teams (as the most technically advanced team member) or working independently on data science projects.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus.
- Strong skills in software prototyping and engineering with expertise in applicable programming and analytics languages (Python, R, Spark/Scala) and various open source machine learning and analytics packages to generate deliverable modules and prototype demonstrations of their work.
- Capacity to convert to a full time positions without a need for current or future sponsorship
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- More than 1 year
Full Time Opportunity: