Contract to hire
Remote OR Eden Prairie, MN
Description: PROJECT: The CDRE Engineering group is responsible for re-imaging IT operations within Optum. We build products using modern open source tools that are 24/7 and scale. Projects utilizes API-first, hybrid cloud, modern data storage technologies to build foundational systems for the enterprise. This role is required in the effort to optimize and modernize across Optum.
IDEAL BACKGROUND: Someone who is a self-starter, has strong communication and leans into collaboration. An ability to engineer solutions using unfamiliar tools in a new ecosystem that is constantly evolving. Experience working at scale is strongly preferred. Cloud, automation, modern toolset, and 12-factor app experience will be challenged in an interview. Opinionated, but flexible and innovative working within constraints. This is a coding role. A passion for solving problems and building is a must. Candidate must be able to write a concise resume that highlights areas of expertise.
TOP REQUIREMENTS: 1) Team player, 2) building software that scales, 3) proficient in multiple coding languages.
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another? More than just being a widget maker - the best candidates are prepared to jump into the deep end, roll up their sleeves, and craft elegant solutions to critical business problems. If a candidate can demonstrate this during an interview, it will set them apart.
TEAM STRUCTURE: Small delivery teams (3-5 developers) that have focused objectives. Developers are encouraged to work beyond their teams to influence direction as needed. Engineers are responsible for end-to-end technical solution, executing on a prioritized roadmap, effectively communicating technical hurdles.
INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1) Resume 2) technical take home 3) video (webex) with 2+ engineers from the team.
LOCATION: Will start working remotely, but is expected to come into the office once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
*** Cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for maturing the DevOps mindset within the agile teams using techniques such as Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery to provide quality products with seamless integration across Development, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Operations, and Release Management roles.
The successful candidate will be a servant leader who develops and supports a learning organization model through coaching, training, and mentorship. The successful candidate will be one that can adapt as necessary for unintended consequences of this change initiative and one that understands the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team. Blogging and community support are a part of this role.
Candidates will work in a DevOps team environment and are expected to work on both tactical and strategic assignments. Since the team is very young in its adoption of DevOps principles there is still a fair amount of manual maintenance work. Candidates are expected to handle the manual work while figuring out how to automate it.
* 6 years of IT experience on web-based products
* 4 years of experience working on large scale, multiple team projects
* 4 years of experience with Agile methodologies and Test Driven Development
* 2 years of experience in at least 1 high level programming language such as C, C#, C++ or Java
* 2 years of experience with at least 1 scripting language such as Perl, Python or PowerShell.
* 2 years of continuous integration experience
* 1 years of experience with programmatic interaction with NoSQL / SQL / Graph / Table databases.
* Git (contributions on Github++)
* Scripted environments experience
* Configuration as code experience
* Infrastructure experience
* Site Reliability experience
* Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience
* Blue-green Deployment Strategies and Tactics
Role: DevOps Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Fully Remote (Bethesda, MD post-COVID)
Duration: Long-term contract to hire
Clearance: Must be able to obtain/maintain a Public Trust clearance
Responsibilities of the DevOps Site Reliability Engineer:
Required Experience of the DevOps Site Reliability Engineer:
Desired Experience of the DevOps Site Reliability Engineer:
US Citizens only, hire from the prone IV, need to be local, will work remotely for time being
The Application Security Engineer I is responsible for the engineering and support of product and enterprise applications, tools, systems and processes used for ensuring the security of client’s assets. This role has a focus on the Secure System Development Lifecycle (S-SDLC). The engineer is responsible to interpret security administrative policies and configure, implement and provide the ongoing support applications, tools, systems and processes used to review, test and scan for potential security threats and vulnerabilities to the applications.
This role is responsible to assist the development, release, and other teams with the day to day operations if needed, and to direct and guide the teams through the life cycle from issue finding through issue remediation. The security program is designed to ensure that all assets: physical, technical and information assets as well as employee, client and corporate data are adequately protected.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 - 5 years of development security (AppSec) experience
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Data Migration Developer required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 6 month contract.
Whilst this will initially be a remote position, a presence may be required in London at a later date.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM APRIL 2021 YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO USE AN UMBRELLA COMPANY*
Software development activity across the full range of development life cycle; requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding/development, testing, implementation and live support.
This may be within new systems development projects or enhancements and fixes to existing applications.
- Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
- Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Assisting the team in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
- Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
- Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility, including negotiation with other team members
- Problem analysis, investigation and resolution
- Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
Technology, experience and skills required:
- A software engineering background with proven ability to rapidly learn and apply application development process, tools and programming/Scripting languages.
- Awareness of key SE engineering concepts and governance (design, development, config management and version control, quality control, continuous integration, release/deployment, documentation, built in supportability, built in maintainability, re-use and extensibility)
- Database/storage technologies: Oracle, MySQL, HDFS, Hbase
- Scripting/Programming languages: SQL, PLSQL, HiveQL, Java, Python, Perl, Shellscript, R, Scala, VBA
- Operating systems: Unix, Linux, Windows
- ETL toolsets: Pentaho DI, Talend, SQL, Informatica
- Analytics and Reporting: Pentaho BA, Hive, SAS, Excel
- Supporting toolsets: Jira, Confluence, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Excel
- Platforms: Hadoop, AWS, Azure
- Data virtualisation: Denodo
- Data solutions development addressing data extraction
- Transformation and load (ETL) processing
- Data analytics and reporting requirements
- Familiar with Agile software development principles and practices and experience of delivery as a member of an Agile Scrum team utilising Scrum methodology.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Your new company
Your new company
Well known Local Borough organisation is seeking a Junior Web Developer for a short contract role, part time 3 days per week fully remote to start ASAP.
Your new role
Working within the Digital team, you will be focused on BAU and project based work.
What you'll need to succeed
Must have prior professional experience as a Web Developer and be able to work fully remote including being able to engage pro-actively with other team members across the digital and communications teams.
You must have experience of the following:
What you'll get in return
Opportunity to start a role before the holiday season begins fully remotely.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Full Stack Developer - £725 - Python, UX/UI - Remote
A leading investment bank in London is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their team on an initial 3 month contract. Paying up to £725 per day (Via approved umbrella) you will initially work remotely until deemed safe to work from their London offices.
Working in the data and analytics team you will be accountable for the development and implementation of web-based products. You will have the following skills and experience:
If you think you have the following skills and experience then please apply now!
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
A small, friendly, primarily remote-based start-up based in the UK are actively looking for a design focused front-end developer to join them for a short term contract. They are looking for an individual who is technically competent but who has strong design skills especially within the UI domain.
Role & Responsibilities
If this role seems ideal for yourself please email Click here to contact this recruiter with your full CV or alternatively call [Telephone number removed] for more information.
Contact Name: David Adeoshun
Job ID: 2871731
DevOps Automation Engineer (Linux/Windows) - Remote/NW England - upto £550 per day (outside IR35)
Mid-term contract position, a DevOps Automation Engineer required to join the DevOps team in a large public sector client.
Immediate start, based remotely during lockdown, followed by on-site (flexible working) in NW England.
Rate: upto £550 per day, based on skills/experience.
The team has openings for solid DevOps consultants with strong Linux automation skills with real-world experience of both good and bad DevOps cultures and practices (although Windows automation skills will be considered also). Successful applicants should get a real kick out of helping projects go live in a successful and stress-free manner, drawing on a wide range of skills covering software development, technical architecture, IT service management and infrastructure operation.
The ability to communicate exceptionally via videoconferencing is essential, to deliver meetings, presentations and technical reviews.
Due to the sensitive nature of the client environment, candidates who are already actively SC Cleared preferred, although for an exceptional candidate the client will manage the Clearance process.
Please enclose your CV. Fast interview and decision-making process.
MindSource thrives on placing the best kept secrets in the Bay Area! You can be certain that your experience with us is like none other. Join us as a Backend Java Engineer with strong Data structures and algorithms in Sunnyvale, CA for a contract W2 role. 100% remote option is available.
What you get to do on this role: The successful candidate will be working in our backend team and mostly involve in coding phase of the project.
A successful person will have: