Principle OpenSource / Cloud Consultant (AWS, Openstack, Openshift) - Remote - £550-£650pd
This organisation are one of the UK's leading technology service providers for educating and enabling opensource, best DevOps practices and public & private cloud across the public sector. Like to attend conferences and stay active within the community? You'll be encouraged to do so in order to stay one step ahead across service offerings etc. You'll also still get your day rate!
Providing end to end solutions you will also work closely with the sales team and present to clients UK wide. Introduce DevOps best practices to clients, either with face to face workshops or online videos and blog posts. Encouraged to speak and attend DevOps and Developer meetups and regularly contribute to open-source projects as part of your work whether it is Terraform, Packer, Docker Swarm or writing tools in Go. A large proportion of your time will be spent dealing with OpenStack & OpenShift; showing clients how to use it effectively as an AWS alternative. Part of this will involve showing clients how to create Jenkins Pipelines.
Whats required/on offer:
- Knowledge of AWS, openstack & openshift. Benefits between each.
- Strong Scripting/coding - Ruby, Python, GoLang, Java, .Net, Perl, PHP
- Experience with Windows and Linux at the command line.
- Host workshops or onlines videos and blog posts. Strong stage presence
- Client facing; sitting with customers and designing / implementing end to end solutions
- Opportunity to work remote with client visits 1/2 days per week. They also have offices within central London and on the outskirts to suit if you prefer that environment.
- Expense all travel and hotels if needed
- RedHat partner
- Able to attend any conferences and get paid your daily rate still
- encouraged to participate in community events and are paid to do talks/presentations
Key technologies: Linux, vCloud Director, Openstack, Openshift, CloudFoundry,
Terraform, Jenkins, AWS, Azure, Open Source.
If you're interested in hearing more please send your Cv
Application / SRE Engineer - London - 6 Months - £400-£450pd
Global organisation responsible for over 100 high quality, high volume websites with hundreds of millions of users are undergoing a multinational digital transformation with cloud technology and containerisation at the forefront (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes).
This encompasses a CMS platform migration, enterprise technology transformation and systems (linux). They are looking to unify the tech across their core platform including their CMS and data infrastructure. You'll be joining this international team at their London hub with the option to work remotely as the team and project begin to take shape.
You will tackle a range of complex systems support and application issues such as their CMS System and other technology platforms like their multigeographic cloud services (Azure & AWS).
- Hand on CMS experience and platform support
- AEM 6 and above
- Web applications - ability to identify issues and inspect
- Solid Linux - Administeringm configuring & troubleshooting
- Monitoring & event log managemnt to identify patterns between each. Nagios CloudWatch, Pingdom, Datadog, Splunk.
- Strong Scripting at least on of Bash, powershell, Python, perl, ruby etc).
- Strong communication and a team player
Nice to have:
- Containerisation - Docker
Please send your CV