Remote Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Are you a Ruby on Rails expert on the hunt for a new contract opportunity? Do you like the sound of working for a UN agency with highly ethical motivations? If this sounds like you, keep reading!
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer at this Rome-based agency, you will be working on a fully remote basis on a short term 35-day contract with an ASAP start. The role will involve the development of an automated Hub Planning and Budgeting tool, with a focus on UX. If you’ve got a strong track record and are a natural problem solver, this role could be perfect for you.
Senior RoR Developer responsibilities:
Key requirements for this remote role:
Does your background fit this description? If so, don’t hesitate to get in touch! Contact Charlie to discuss the opportunity on firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online using the form below now.
Please be aware that while we would love to respond to every application we receive, due to high numbers we cannot guarantee this. We do however appreciate any time you invest into the application and will make sure to get in touch should anything in future more closely fit your skillset.
Tags: Ruby on Rails Developer, Ruby Developer, RoR, UN Agency, Remote Jobs, Contract Jobs, ASAP Start
Years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for the role.
Title: Graphic Designer - Education non-profit volunteer opportunity
Estimated Hours/Week: 3 - 5 hours/week
Expected Commitment: 2+ months
About Pandemic Professors:
Pandemic Professors is a nonprofit organization that offers free tutoring and mentorship to underserved students in low-income communities. The service was created to bridge the education gap caused by e-learning and the pandemic.
We are spreading the word about our services and improving our communication to tutors and families that are already part of our community. We would like a designer to recreate our existing flyers, information sheets, and other materials using our new style guide. Ideally, this individual could also produce ad hoc documents at various teams’ requests and create their own based on our needs.
We are looking for several graphic designers -- ideally with UX design experience -- to design and produce these materials. We have a growing UX team with researchers, designers, and writers, so there is plenty of opportunities to increase your skills as a designer while also learning about other disciplines.
Our team is growing and is also looking for a more senior designer to lead the team. If you have past design experience in a professional capacity and excellent project management skills, we would also consider you for this leadership role.
If you are interested, please apply directly here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract
Pay: $0.00 per hour
Job DescriptionA government subcontractor is seeking a Remote Salesforce Developer for a contract to hire position.
As a fast-growing design and development agency for BigCommerce, we’re looking for a designer to help assist our one-man design team with our workload. We’re looking for a designer who has experience in both graphic design and UX design, as the designer will be assisting with not only creating graphic elements for our clients’ many stores, but conceptualizing and designing web pages and full websites for new and existing clients. You’ll be working remotely with a small, ambitious, motivated team, to produce quality work collaboratively.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: Up to $40.00 per hour
Sr. Network Engineer / Architect â€“ Remote (Atlanta based)
We are seeking a Sr. Network Engineer / Architect for a mostly remote role with less than 5% onsite in Atlanta. This position delineates design, installs, and operates the infrastructure that supports all physical and logical links within the Enterprise Network. This support includes infrastructure builds for Data Centers, Recovery Centers, Trading Desks, Call Centers and attached devices.
Our client is a well-respected brand in Atlanta and offers an unmatched culture/environment, working with smart, humble people.
This is a full-time, 6 months contract / consulting opportunity for our client in the Atlanta area. This position is working remotely to around 5% onsite visits. Candidates MUST be local to Atlanta as you may be asked to visit the campus with short notice.
PLEASE NOTE: W-2 candidates ONLY, no C2C allowed.
Powered by JazzHR
Frontend Web Developer
We are seeking a Frontend Web Developer with previous Financial Services experience to join JP Morgan's International Corporate Meetings and Events Group based in London on an initial 12 months contract. You will be working initially between 9 - 5pm but as you're time will be split between supporting the EMEA team and the APAC team, you must be able to commit to a 7am - 2pm shift later on in the contract.
*Due to the current pandemic, you would need to be able to work remotely until further notice, using your own device, so please ensure you are able to before applying.*
The Frontend Web Developer works with the International Corporate Meetings and Events Group and their clients, and will have significant exposure & interaction to design and build client websites and registration forms for information gathering. The successful candidate must be a strong team partner and have the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects and prioritize workload with a keen eye on detail whilst meeting strict deadlines. This role will report into the Head of International Web Development team based in London.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment, be confident and have excellent communications skills. These characteristics are critical as the role will have global exposure, accountability and responsibility.
Additional skills would be considered a plus:
Job Title: Contract C# Developer
Location: Salisbury (Working remotely from home)
Rate: £400 to £425 per day
Duration: 4 months
This is an opportunity for a Back-end developer with strong .Net Core and Azure Service Bus experience to work on two key insurance related projects.
One will be working alongside a lead developer to design and create an automated claims decision engine to allow certain types of claims to be automatically paid.
The other will be working as part of a team of 4 developers, enhancing an MVP workflow system that manages new claims.
We are looking for someone that is immediately available for this role which will run until the end of March 2021
Key Experience Required
We are ideally looking at an immediate start for this contract.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us
We are a leading entertainment streaming company looking for a strong QA engineer leader to represent our interests in the United States. This is a fast-moving company that experiments a lot and enjoys truly massive traffic volume (top 50 Alexa). We work hard and play hard and are looking to grow our footprint in the US market. This will be a demanding position but also a rewarding position. You must be highly proactive, autonomous and organized, be comfortable working with remote teams and have excellent communication skills. Someone who takes ownership, strives for perfection and shows pride in the quality and precision of your work and ability to think fast and solve problems. US East Coast candidates preferred for time zone.
· Perform exploratory validations on daily basis for all the products for the desktop and mobile platforms.
· Report all the issues to the backlog with all the technical information including console errors, network responses etc. to help developers fix the issue.
· Monitor the automation script failures on regular basis and investigate the root cause of the failure and report the incidents accordingly.
· Provide constructive feedback as an end user to the product team (including product owner, lead developer, engineering manager) daily in a report.
· Mark the tickets in JIRA with the appropriate label for next steps.
· Send an executive summary of all major releases to top management.
· Any other tasks assigned by the line manager and the management.
Key competencies and skills
· MSC or BSC in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
· 3-5+ years of experience in Web development / QA with desktop/mobile web and apps.
· Strong knowledge with iOS and Android UX features and best practices.
· Very good experience with browser/UX principles including debugging tools, checking console errors, checking network responses and related errors.
· Familiar with software testing techniques like equivalence, boundary value, decision table, test execution optimization techniques and risk-based testing.
· Very knowledgeable with automation frameworks like Selenium, CodeceptJS to write and debug the automation scripts. as well as to test management tools like Q-Test, HP ALM and project management tools like JIRA and Confluence.
· Basics of query languages like JQL for report management.
· Travel required with peak demand of 50% when top management is visiting and would like to test from various locations in USA.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $60,000.00 - $145,000.00 per year
COVID19 Update 8/1/2020: We are looking for 2 Senior Developers / Architects immediately and a PM/BA hire soon thereafter. I'm grateful to say that due to the essential nature of our client base, our sales and operations pipelines have not been negatively impacted by COVID-19. We offer full WFH and will provide the equipment necessary for an effective set-up. This is a full-time position, NOT A CONTRACT POSITION.
Susco Solutions is located in the Greater New Orleans Area and is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Louisióna. We develop custom web-based business software with a focus on legacy system conversions. Our primary development platforms are C# .NET for web services and Ionic/Cordova for mobile apps.
Powered by JazzHR
Sr. Salesforce Lightning Developer (Field Service Lightning)
Specialized Security & Building Management Solutions Provider is a leading services organization across Multiple Continents delivering powerful Protection to their client's complex needs with a workforce approaching 30,000 of the most highly-trained Tactical Specialists.
The team seeks a specialized Sr. Salesforce Developer to handle the ongoing development of Business Applications, Platform Architecture technical project management.
Work with Field Service Lighting, CRM, Marketing/Outreach, & Core Business Solutions. Work on Configurations & Platform Maintenance, coding APEX, Lightning Web Parts, Visualforce. ETL integration tools, (Paycom, custom apps) utilizing REST & Web Services. Test & Debugging, Quality Assurance, resolve defects, system-integrations. Work with contract engineering team resources, provide pre-defined coding standards. Impact assessment of new requirements on Salesforce and all upstream & downstream apps, systems & processes.
CERTIFICATIONS : Highly Preferred: Field Service Lightning Certification , Platform Developer, Application Architect Certifications. & Service/Community/Sales certs (huge pluses)
Full-Stack WordPress Woocommerce Developer
Formal position title: Full-Stack Developer
Location: (Fully Remote/ Online)
Contract length: Renewable
Contract Type: Full time/ Hourly
We are a premium online retail and wholesale store that curates for sale the best of African lifestyle for clients globally to delight in and cherish. Weâ€™re a lifestyle brand that aims to foster innovation, trade, and development by carefully curating consumer lifestyle products, created by local designers across the continent.
We are seeking a senior experienced Wordpress/ Woocommerce Full Stack Developer to join our development team. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience with handling multivendor plugins and marketplaces, and custom built websites on wordpress.
Your Responsibilities will include:
Understanding of UI/UX for e-commerce
Yoast SEO for woocommerce
SOFT SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
Who do we typically hire?
Kind people who are great at their work and passionate about making a positive change through their talent. Our hires are young, vibrant and dynamic, but mature and reliable and respectful
Why work with us?
Weâ€™re forward thinking and innovators. Long before it became popular, weâ€™ve been ahead of the trend,working remotely and online. We hire globally and are a culturally diverse team, with hires across Europe, Africa, Asia North and South America. We care about the physical and mental health of all our hires. We also care about your professional development and offer training in areas where you could be stronger.
Powered by JazzHR
Remote working/Home based, 3 month contract
We are looking for a PHP web developer for a 3 month contract, starting December 2020. You will need to be a capable, experienced developer, used to remote working and self-managing to ensure projects are successfully completed.
• Experience working in a LAMP environment
• Comfortable designing unique systems from scratch
• Confident using version control systems (preferably git)
• A strong understanding of web development security and best practice
• Understanding MVC design patterns and object-oriented development techniques
• Knowledge of Zend Framework and/or the Pimcore Content Management System
• Good knowledge of responsive front-end web design and experience using CSS pre-processors
• Experience of working as part of a project management team
• Experience of conducting code reviews and having high standards in scrutinising code
• Experience carrying out testing and quality assurance on your own and others’ work
• Understanding of the requirements data protection laws places on your work
• Experience of working with or building API’s
• Experience using Vagrant or other virtual environments
The ideal candidate will have experience of projects involving payment systems/implementing financial systems. You will need to be comfortable to plan a project and deal with key stakeholders as required. This is a 100% remote working project so you will need to be an experienced home worker.
This is a 3 month contract to deliver a particular project. There may be additional work to get involved in once the project is completed.
To £375 per day. Interested? Send your CV now!
North Ridge Consulting (NRC) is an Executive Management Consulting firm based out of California. Join our team of experts in providing Expert Consulting Services to California Private State, and Local Government. NRC Provides Expert #GovTech for California State departments!
Also feel free to visit our LinkedIn NRC website or https://twitter.com/NRC_GovTech
· Proficient in writing functional/technical requirement documentation, including Use Cases and traceability matrices with two (2) years’ experience.
· Deploy, test and document development, pre-production, and production environments with two (2) years’ experience.
· Proficient in refactoring or rebuilding on-premises applications/databases and migration to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure cloud with two (2) years’ experience.
· Proficient in developing applications in a medium sized Information Technology (IT) environment with three (3) years’ experience that includes cloud-hosted systems.
· Proficient in model-view controller (MVC) with one (1) years’ experience.
· Proficient in ASP.NET Dynamic Data Entities Web Application with one (1) years’ experience.
· Proficient in Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Service Application with one (1) years’ experience.
· Proficient in Web User Interface (UI) with one (1) years’ experience.
· Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL) Programming with two (2) years’ experience.
· Proficient in relational database design with three (3) years’ experience.
· Proficient in ASP .NET Simple Membership with one (1) years’ experience.
· Proficient in Identifying appropriate strategies and design patterns for developing successful solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure cloud services with two (2) years’ experience.
· Understanding of Single Sign-On technologies and methods with one (1) years’ experience.
· Assist in preparing cost analysis based on expected AWS and Microsoft Azure usage with one (1) years’ experience.
· Develop a maintenance and operations plan in the ongoing updating and incident response activities to maintain the system with one (1) years’ experience.
North Ridge Consulting (NRC) appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is NRC policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. NRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
About the Firm:
North Ridge Consulting (NRC) is an Executive Management Consulting Firm based out of Sacramento, California. Our firm provides world-class Executive Management Consulting to Public Sector Clients on Large Complex Information Technology (IT) Projects. Our firm has deep expertise in Public Sector Implementation for State & Local Government Clients. Our core competencies is providing customized IT Professional Services to State & Local Government Clients .
Our firm provides State of California Customers all aspects of customized Systems Integration (SI) and Executive Advisory. This includes adhering to and implementing California Project Management Framework (CA-PMF), and to the Statewide Information Management Manual (SIMM). Our firm provides expert consultants with wealth of knowledge and experience in implementing best practices from PMBOK, CSM, ITIL, CISA, PGMP, IEEE, and BABOK methodology. Find out more on our website Https: //NorthRidgeConsulting.net or our LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/north-ridge-consulting/
C2C, W2, H1. H1B, OPT, CPT Accepted
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $75,000.00 - $175,000.00 per year
To keep consultants safe, you can wear a Face Mask when going to client site and practice social distancing
Full Time Opportunity:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
Company's Facebook page:
Beacon Hill has anopportunity for a Front End Developer for a 5 month contract.
· Translating creative designs into functioning web sites with a design eye preferred
· Cross-browser and cross-device testing and compatibility
· CSS Pre-processors, SASS preferred
· Photoshop or Adobe XD
· PHP 7 or later framework
· Front-end frameworks, Boostrap preferred
· jQuery / Ajax / JSON
· CMS systems built with data-driven dynamic pages
· Debugging/troubleshooting issues
· OOP concepts
NON-TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
· Curious and upstart nature to take initiative and perform any task with limited support
· Seeks independent ownership of solutions with effective and timely escalation
· Focused on quality deliverables with superior customer orientation
· Able to create and communicate new ideas and concepts
· Ability to deliver functionality for a wide range of business systems
· Understanding of agile project management methodologies and responds to change quickly
· Building solutions to support medium to large scale business initiatives
· Enjoys working in a collaborative environment with a team of highly talented developers bridging remote work situation with strong communication
Work Location: Remote
EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled
Waracle is looking for a Backend Developer experienced in Node and Typescript to join our Projects team.
Waracle is already an industry leading team delivering digital solutions that transform how we live, work and play. We’ll not hide from the fact we have exciting growth plans and this has been recognised with our recent inclusion in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100, listing the UK’s fastest growing tech companies.
It’s an amazing time to join our team and you’d be supported by a rapidly growing team of experienced specialists in design research, UX, UI, Scrum, product, data and cyber security, alongside developers specialising in native, hybrid and web technologies.
This position can be based in any of our offices but right now is remote working and is a contract lasting 3 months.
The ideal person for this role will be a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind. You should have excellent communication, computer programming, and project management skills. This involves working closely with design on initial product prototypes, in an agile development process which also involves collaboration to define scope.
Our development team continuously challenges and pushes the development/technology to keep delivering the best solutions we can.