Role: Senior Scala Developer
IR35: OUTSIDE IR35
Contract Length: 6-12 months + possible extension
Client: Central Government department
Location: Remote/ hybrid. Travel to Newcastle up to twice per month for Sprints.
Pay Rate to Candidate: £500 - £550 / day (Ltd)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Strong Scala Development capability
• Previous experience leading software development teams
• Technical elaboration of client requirements and low-level solution design
• Implementation of frontend & backend systems for our clients
• Quality assurance and code reviews of existing codebases
• Participation in release management
• Participation in Agile ceremonies/ Sprint meetings
• Coaching development team
• Discussing requirements with the client
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a combination of hands-on Scala Development experience plus previous experience leading Software Development teams. Proven skills and personal attributes are also required here. The role will be remote working with the view to travel to the Newcastle HQ up to twice per month for sprints.
Our pride in offering dynamic solutions reaches further than our clients because we understand that our success comes from the heartbeat of our company; which is ultimately our people. We encourage those who may need a more agile approach to the structure of their working day to apply; we are always willing to discuss flexible options where we can.
Skills we can’t do without:
For this assignment we are looking for Senior Scala developers who are highly experienced or experts on using Scala and the Play! Framework to develop cloud based micro service architecture services. As the Lead person within the Software development team we also need previous management/ lead experience as a Senior Developer.
Recent Experience (5+ years) in
• Scala with SBT
• Play! Framework (Scala bindings)
• Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
• Version control (Git & GitHub)
• NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
In addition, we are looking for candidates who have:
• Led software development teams within a within multidisciplinary teams in an Agile/ DevOps environment
• Experience in delivering solutions confirming to Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
• Problem-solving skills and ability collaborate with developers to overcome development and operational issues
• Good communication and team working skills