Job Title : Technical Arachitect
Job Location : Reston VA
Job Duration : Long Term Contract
Technical Architects design and standardize an organization’s software and cloud infrastructure and recommend the selection of specific technologies. Their work is hands-on, tactical and strategic. As technologists in IT, technical architects operate in the continuum between solution architecture and the various technology domains of the IT infrastructure.
The Technical Architect will focus on engineering innovative, strategic and long-term solutions that align with Information Technology’s enterprise architecture. Incumbents will have the necessary technical and leadership experience, knowledge, and skills to establish themselves as domain experts within the organization. Additionally, they will provide direction, guidance and mentorship to staff engaged in the development and application of technology, architectures, frameworks, methodologies, patterns, and best practices.
To accomplish this, this position will both lead and work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders to establish and maintain technical assets within the enterprise technology portfolio.The Technical Architect will maintain awareness and knowledge of the emerging trends in technology, and its usage within the industry, and will apply this learning in the establishment of new and innovative technology solutions. The Technical Architect will also establish technology and architecture related policies, standards, and guidelines, along with providing oversight and support to engineering activities for solution delivery.
Succeeding as a Technical Architect will require deep technical knowledge, experience and skills – necessary when building solutions to support a single technology or line of business – and a breadth of knowledge in multiple technology areas – necessary when building and integrating solutions across multiple technologies and lines of business in an enterprise environment. Additional key skills are strong leadership and skilled communications.
- Design, develop, and implement ‘right sized’ and ‘right sourced’ technical solutions in support of business and IT initiatives
- Coordinate the definition of technology standards. Technical architectures work with SMEs in various technologies to define standards, to ensure technical consistency across environments.
- Coordinate the creation and maintenance of technology roadmaps incorporating the life cycle of all relevant technology components.
- Play a key governance role on behalf of the organization. The technical architect plays a key governance role by keeping an eye on technology selection in projects and will raise a flag for further investigation if developers and solution architects attempt to implement variations from standards.
- Establish and maintain alignment of technical assets across domains (e.g., application, data, security, performance testing, etc.) within the enterprise portfolio
- Develop and maintain transition roadmaps which meet the enterprise needs as identified during current state architecture analysis and the assessment of gaps and opportunities
- Facilitate the definition of, and adherence to, policies, technical standards and usage guidelines
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging technologies and industry trends to inform technical domain strategy and direction
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field / equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience developing, tuning and implementing large scale, complex system architectures
- Demonstrated professional competence in the principles and practices of technical architecture as they relate to microservice based architecture
- Extensive hands on experience architecting, developing and implementing AWS based solutions. including lambda, dynamodb, RDS, step functions, etc.
- Single page user interface development experience using React or Angularjs
- Experience with AWS CI/CD services
- Experience/Knowledge with multiple ETL tools .
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring technical staff in the development and usage of technology architectures and solutions including migration to AWS Cloud
- Familiarity with technologies and a demonstrated understanding of challenges posed by:
oAssessing the adequacy of technology controls and security measures
oMaintaining effective policies and procedures as technology changes
- Experience in creating technical blue prints that can be leveraged by other IT groups, including the use of Serverless Architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good customer working relationships and relationships across other IT groups.
- Working knowledge of and experience with other enterprise domains (application, security, infrastructure data, etc.)
- Working experience with AWS Glue (nice to have)
- Experience with integrations and configuration of 3rd party COTS products, including CRM and ERP systems. Experience with Saleforce.com Sales Cloud (nice to have)
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Responsible - assume ownership of work domain, all aspects including delivering value via outcomes and continuous improvement
- Methodical - work is planned with a purpose and approach which validates quality and risk
- Disciplined - work is managed according to plan; variables are isolated and controlled
- Innovative – employ creativity to devise effective and efficient strategies
- Demonstrated critical thinking - including abilities in analysis and problem solving
- Experienced in “Systems Thinking” – the ability to break problems into manageable pieces, and to see how the pieces interact with one another and can be assembled into an integrated, functioning, “whole” system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities
- Skillful at facilitation and negotiation
- Effective team player with strong emotional intelligence – self awareness, confidence, ability to manage conflict, and empathy
- Ability to effectively respond to technical questions and issues – i.e., effective in communicating complex technology concepts to diverse (both technical and non-technical) audiences at all levels in the organization
- Passion for technology, with an ability to understand and assess new technologies, and their potential applicability to business needs in an efficient, effective manner.
Thanks & Regards...
Talent Acquisition Specialist
KMM Technologies, Inc.
ISO 9001:2008, WOSB, SBA 8(A), NMSDC & VA SWaM Certified
Tel: (240) 800 0032 | Fax: (866) 856 3684