Java Developer, 6 month contract
This contract is deemed inside IR35.
Looking for a Java Developer to work for a national non-profit organisation.
The selected Java Developer will be involved in building and maintaining public-facing website & transactional web applications.
Java Developer, key responsibilities;
- You will form part of our Digital Website and Events team to help architect and implement new features and technologies
- You will be the primary Dev supporting Technical change across the department such as key upgrades
- You have worked using an Agile Software Delivery approach and have experience of working within a highly collaborative and cross-functional Agile environment
- Our agile teams are proud of the quality products they produce therefore 'quality is every-thing' and this is something you must demonstrate.
- You must have a background in development and maintenance of web based product solutions with a focus on quality, performance, reliability, scalability and resiliency.
- You must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of using software engineering tools and best practices
Java Developer, key skills;
- Strong Java 8+ enterprise web development
- Expert with Spring, REST, Graph QL APIs (inc API Security) and Microservices
- Experienced with containerisation (Docker)
- Experienced with database technologies including Oracle, Elasticsearch, Mongo and Postgres
- Experienced with Maven, Git and CI tools (ideally Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Experienced with the Atlassian Product suite including Jira, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- Enthused by Unit, Functional and Integration Testing
- Familiar with BDD and Cucumber
- Familiar with cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Serverless)
- Familiar with Kotlin