Data Migration Developer required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 6 month contract.
Whilst this will initially be a remote position, a presence may be required in London at a later date.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM APRIL 2021 YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO USE AN UMBRELLA COMPANY*
Software development activity across the full range of development life cycle; requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding/development, testing, implementation and live support.
This may be within new systems development projects or enhancements and fixes to existing applications.
- Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
- Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Assisting the team in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
- Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
- Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility, including negotiation with other team members
- Problem analysis, investigation and resolution
- Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
Technology, experience and skills required:
- A software engineering background with proven ability to rapidly learn and apply application development process, tools and programming/Scripting languages.
- Awareness of key SE engineering concepts and governance (design, development, config management and version control, quality control, continuous integration, release/deployment, documentation, built in supportability, built in maintainability, re-use and extensibility)
- Database/storage technologies: Oracle, MySQL, HDFS, Hbase
- Scripting/Programming languages: SQL, PLSQL, HiveQL, Java, Python, Perl, Shellscript, R, Scala, VBA
- Operating systems: Unix, Linux, Windows
- ETL toolsets: Pentaho DI, Talend, SQL, Informatica
- Analytics and Reporting: Pentaho BA, Hive, SAS, Excel
- Supporting toolsets: Jira, Confluence, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Excel
- Platforms: Hadoop, AWS, Azure
- Data virtualisation: Denodo
- Data solutions development addressing data extraction
- Transformation and load (ETL) processing
- Data analytics and reporting requirements
- Familiar with Agile software development principles and practices and experience of delivery as a member of an Agile Scrum team utilising Scrum methodology.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Data Engineer - £500 p/d - Azure
I am currently looking for a data migration specialist that has extensive experience working with Azure and ideally Public Sector experience also.
The role will be working fully remote at present.
You would be joining a brand new piece of work so a great chance to have a real impact on a fresh project.
For further information on the project please apply or get in touch with Jack at SR2 to discuss.
|Skill||Required / Desired||Amount||of Experience|
|Agile Methodology experience||Highly desired||4||Years|
|Selenium - Web Driver - in depth knowledge required, not just exposure||Required||4||Years|
|Ability to work in a fasted-pace environment||Required||6||Years|
|SQL, relational database, and ability to read a data model.||Required||4||Years|
|Experience with security testing||Required||2||Years|
|All types of testing (performance, functional, load, web services, data creation, persistent layer verification, stress, etc.)||Required||7||Years|
|SOAP UI utilizing REST requests - in depth knowledge, not just exposure||Required||4||Years|
|Experience with large-scale web based (COTS) project||Highly desired||4||Years|
|Proficient in various SDLC (agile, iterative, etc.), not just automation tester.||Required||7||Years|
|Question 1||Absences greater than two weeks MUST be approved by CAI management in advance, and contact information must be provided to CAI so that the resource can be reached during his or her absence. The Client has the right to dismiss the resource if he or she does not return to work by the agreed upon date. Do you accept this requirement?|
|Question 2||Candidates are working remotely until all staff return to site. The candidate will need to come onsite the first day to pick up equipment. Do you accept this requirement?|
|Question 3||Candidate must be able to attend a webcam interview and live locally. Do you accept this requirement?|
|Question 4||Please list candidate's email address HERE that will be used when submitting E-RTR.|
|Question 5||Please indicate how soon this candidate is available to start work. Vendors are encouraged to submit candidates that are available for the duration of the assignment.|
|Question 6||Vendor must disclose to the agency if the candidate will be subcontracted at the time of submission. Do you accept this requirement?|
|Question 8||Payment for all approved hours will be paid at the straight hourly rate regardless of the total hours worked by the engaged resource. It is the responsibility of the supplier to adhere to any applicable compensation laws including payment for overtime hours. Do you accept this requirement?|
Job DescriptionA government subcontractor is seeking a Remote Salesforce Developer for a contract to hire position.
Scrum Master - £500 - £550 (Inside IR35)
Data Migration | Data Integration | Data transformation | Remote working
Our client, an international leader in their field, are currently recruiting for a Scrum Master on an initial 5 months contract. The Scrum Master will be working on a data transformation project, focusing on optimising data usage.
The Scrum Master will have experience working on complex data projects within an Agile Waterfall environment and will bridge the gap between the business and IT teams within the organisation.
The Scrum Master will:
An experienced Azure Designer/Architect is required for an initial 6 month contract (inside IR35) which is expected to extend.
The role will initially work remotely for our client who is based in Stratford-Upon-Avon.
As an Azure Cloud Designer/Architect, you will be an Azure SME with experience producing low-level Azure infrastructure designs and helping to drive the delivery of their implementation.
At times you will be required to be hands on and get involved in the release.
You will need to have experience of producing high quality low-level designs in order for DevOps Engineers to produce Infrastructure as Code to enable deployment at scale.
Experience with Terraform is required.
You will need to be proactive, able to provide logical thinking and sound reasoning to overcome objects that materialise during implementation.
Our client is also looking to migrate on-premise services to Azure and so the ability to be able to think outside the box is key as is the need to hit the ground running.
Knowledge of the following technologies would be especially helpful:
DevOps Engineer Remote UK to £440 p/day
DevOps Engineer (Cloud Azure Migration IaC) *Remote Interview WfH*. City based Investment Management firm with c£380bn in client assets is seeking a technologist DevOps Engineer for a four month contract, working remotely within the UK.
As a DevOps Engineer you will join a project to migrate all on-prem services to the cloud (Azure), you’ll be working within a...
ORACLE APEX DEVELOPER - CONTRACT
NEW CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY FOR AN ORACLE APEX DEVELOPER AVAILABLE TO WORK REMOTELY
WHO WE ARE?
We are recruiting a Contract Oracle Developer with experience using APEX to work with a prestigious public sector client.
WHAT WILL YOU, THE CONTRACT ORACLE APEX DEVELOPER, BE DOING?
You will be ensuring developed applications successfully transition through system testing for subsequent deployment into a live hosting environment. You will be responsible in installation, architecture, and migration of Oracle applications.
WE NEED YOU, THE CONTRACT ORACLE APEX DEVELOPER TO HAVE….
Roles & Responsibilities:
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $30.00 - $82.00 per hour
JOB OVERVIEW: BI Developer (MS BI stack) / Business Intelligence Developer with solid data warehouse and SSIS experience sought by a leading UK healthcare company. Video interviews and 95% remote-working with just once a month visits to Head office in Bournemouth / Poole in Dorset. Great opportunity to work with a diverse cutting-edge tech stack!
Contract type: 4 month initial contract with possibility of extension.
Pay rate: £350-£400 per day and this assignment is OUTSIDE of IR35!
Location:- Video interviews and 95% remote-working available with just once a month visits to Head office in Bournemouth / Poole in Dorset.
For decades, my client has been providing unrivalled healthcare services. Their services continually evolve and develop to meet the needs of the local community. The post holder will play a key role in developing, maintaining and evolving the business intelligence strategies and processes required to maintain, develop and support the Programme’s data warehouse and Business Intelligence analysis, reporting and presentation tools. You'll support the provision of a centralised information source, team/location performance and business intelligence, You'll also become part of a great team who takes pride in making a positive difference to the Healthcare industry for everyone's mutual benefit!
My client has a number of fantastic new opportunities for Business Intelligence Developers / BI Developers to join the rapidly expanding team.
- Provide technical solutions to enhance the Programme Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Maintain technical, professional and specialist knowledge and understanding - and be competent in the use of a wide range of specialist software packages and programming languages including but not limited to Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Analysis Services, Microsoft Power BI, and Power Pivot. You may also have exposure or an awareness of MS Azure, ADF (Azure Data Factory), Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT and/or DevOps OR be keen to acquire such exposure!
- Contribute to the design, development and improvement of Business Intelligence solutions and manipulation of relevant data sources.
- work with the Information and Applications Teams in the development of statutory returns, standard and bespoke reports utilising data warehouse and data feeds.
- ensure all required data is available in the data repository and to manage the specification and coordinate the development if not.
- Be responsible for active maintenance of the data repository ensuring integrity, consistency and relevant documentation. Ensuring smooth operation of ETL processes and high availability of Business Intelligence infrastructure.
- Participate in the development and strategy for data migration when changing providers or decommissioning legacy systems ensuring continuity of service.
- Maintain full compliance to the system and data architecture, standards and procedures
- You absolutely MUST have experience of creating or using a data warehouse
- You will for example have experience of creating new dimension and FACT tables and will ideally have experience of slowly changing dimensions and have done data modelling with star or snowflake schemas
- You will have strong SSIS skills, being able to build SSIS packages from scratch
- Competent with SOME of the following languages / tools;
- Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint, Performance Point, Power Pivot, MS Azure, ADF (Azure Data Factory), Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT and/or DevOps.
- Educated to degree level in computer or information science
- Recognised qualifications in MS SQL Server technologies
- Experience in developing OR working with large scale ETL solutiions
- Knowledge and experience of developing and implementing Power BI reporting solution advantageous not essential
- knowledge / awareness and skills in data modelling, and or database architecture design advantageous
- Good understanding of Data Quality and ability to develop data quality reporting mechanism
WHAT'S ON OFFER:-
Along with the chance to work with a growing global market leader who offers a superb working environment, company culture and very high staff retention ration my client offers;
- A truely collaborative style of working and the opportunity to work with an extremely well-respected Lead Developer and Head of BI keen to further develop your skill set.
- remote working
- An extremely pleasant and professional working environment with like-minded BI enthusiasts.
IF you are a strong match to the specific requirements for this role then please apply with a CV as soon as possible. Candidates who are not a close match sadly cannot be considered.
Keywords; Business Intelligence, SQL Server, BI, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, reports, reporting, Database, DBA, data warehouse, software developer, engineer, programmer, Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint, Performance Point, Excel and Power Pivot, MS Azure
Senior DevOps Engineer
My client have a new opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the team (either fully remotely or with access to the London office.)
My client are specifically looking for engineers who:
- have a track record building out highly available services in AWS, across multiple availability zones and regions.
- Expertise in Terraform (written code and used to manage production infrastructure)
- Experience working in a fast-past environment for a company going through fast growth.
About the company:
My client are a Telecommunications company, who are going through hyper-growth with recent investment. It's a dynamic environment, with intelligent, open and receptive employees (no ego's allowed!) The DevOps Team is mature with architects, SRE's, engineers, and scrum masters. There is opportunity for an AWS specialise to join this team to help build the platform, and define the deployment process and improve an immature build-test-deploy strategy.
My client operates a remote working policy and allowed employees the option to work fully remotely or onsite from their office in SE London.
Sharepoint (O365) Administrator, 6 month contract, public sector £400-£450 in scope of IR35
We are currently sourcing an excellent SharePoint/O365 Administrator to provide appropriate administration to ensure that our client's delivery bodies achieve the most effective and efficient use of SPO and Office 365 services.
You will work in support of this organisations infrastructure, operations group who aim to lead the adoption of public cloud platforms and tools within the business. This will involve working with customers across the technologies of Microsoft Azure, O365 and Amazon Web Services.
Working under the technical guidance of Application Cloud Architect, and operational reporting to Team Lead - Sharepoint, this role will support in all aspects of the administration of the SPO environment.
Understanding of SPO applications and work flows
Delegated Administration of Azure AD, Azure and Office 365 services, ensuring the correct level of access is delegated to users as per their role in the organisation.
Assist in the Administration of the SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Teams and other O365 Platform Tools.
Monitor tickets logged in the IT Service Management System and prioritise these in relation to the set SLA agreement in place with the suppliers.
To carry out regular capacity and performance monitoring and reporting of key systems.
Support the investigation and implementation of features made available on the O365 platform.
Required Skills: Excellent knowledge of Sharepoint and Sharepoint online Excellent knowledge of SPO specifically configuration, operation, migration and reporting
Good understanding of other O365 technologies and services, ability to support at a platform level.
Experience of working in ITIL and Agile environments.
In return you will receive the opportunity to work on a high-profile, government programme. Although this is initially 6 month contract it will include flexible and remote working as well as likelihood of extension. Please note this role is IN SCOPE of IR35 and will be predominately if not all remote based work for the foreseeable.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.