Join our small but growing team as we pursue our vision to make rapid, remote digital forensics and incident response accessible, usable, and valuable to all businesses to improve their resiliency to a cyber attack. Offering unparalleled speed to resolution, the CyFIR Enterprise platform from CyFIR, LLC gives customers the tools to rapidly identify, understand, and eliminate threats to their computing platforms. At CyFIR, we're committed to our work, our customers, and our shared successes.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager and/or the CTO at our headquarters office in Ashburn, VA. This team member is excited about software engineering, cybersecurity, and building tools to stop attackers in their tracks. We're small and all team members count, so you'll have tremendous ownership, influence, and impact on the products you build. At CyFIR, we take on new challenges in the cybersecurity landscape daily, and you'll have a tremendous opportunity to develop and grow as an engineer. You'll work with a small, but top-tier set of dedicated peers, and you'll help build interesting cyber defensive and investigative products that protect the businesses and services we all use.
We offer a collaborative work environment. Work-life balance is important to us, and we dress casually, enjoy flexible hours, and working at home sometimes is okay, too. Life happens, and we want to be there for you when it does. We also think personal development and mentoring is important, and we strongly believe that everyone can learn something from everyone else. Sharing is caring.
- You have a desire to learn, adapt, and pivot quickly when necessary. Things come fast in cyber, and tomorrow's challenges are today's work. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll need to get up to speed quickly. You could have dominion over multiple projects at the same time, so good personal time management and prioritization is key.
- You have experience integrating tools together. If you've taken Tool A, added it to Tool B, and made it more than the sum of its parts, this position is for you.
- You really like building APIs. Did we mention APIs? We like APIs. We want you to like them too. A lot.
- Experience in working with "big data" (ooh, BUZZWORDS!) is a "big plus," as we have a tool that can obtain a huge pile of it. We just need you to tell us how we can use it. Math geek? You rock.
- Architecting software is cool to you. Building prototypes is your way to relax. Looking at an insurmountable challenge, squinting your eyes, and saying, "Yeah, I can do that," is the only way you fly.
- You have experience building cyber security applications, or you at least have a genuine interest in doing so. Experience counts, but attitude and raw talent are better.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Software Systems Engineering, or something in a similar field. An MS in one of those fields is a bonus. Technical trade school or practical experience in lieu of a degree will be considered, too.
- Five or more years of full-time experience in building good, solid, bug-free, award-winning code. Code that makes your mama proud. Code so clean you can eat off it.
- Experience with REST API's and architecting API's is a bonus.
- Skills in package management (RPM), Jenkins, build automation, and SE Linux is a huge perk and are highly preferred.
- Bonus points if you've worked with tools like IBM BigFix, Resilient, Splunk, or the Elastic ELK Stack.
- Our preference is for someone to be local to our Ashburn, VA office as we believe that a team-facing environment is integral to our growth. Relocation will be considered.
- You know some common scripting languages, and you enjoy using them. If you speak GoLang, C, SQL, PostgreSQL, Python, Ruby or others that is a preferred bonus.
We value and respect diversity at our company. Applicants will be considered by what they bring to the table and the enthusiasm with which they bring it. We look forward to receiving your application. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; however, due to the nature of our business, all candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States as we do not offer sponsorship.