Contract/Permanent - Full-Stack Engineer
Full-time - Remote and London, UK
Juno inspires more human workplaces by connecting employees to better wellbeing choices. We work with businesses to rethink and improve the wellbeing of employees in over 20 countries, across over 28 cities.
We're looking for someone to immediately step in and help us develop our product. Juno is growing fast, and this could be an opportunity to really make a mark with our challenger status.
Working at Juno means working on something truly meaningful: improving the lives of people at work.
Our mission is simple: to change the way employees experience their work life for the better.
We are looking for our next key hire, Full-Stack Engineer, on a contract or permanent basis, to continue growing our engineering team. Here, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack. Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back end languages.
The Full-Stack Engineer would work alongside our Product Owner and our Junior Front-End Developer, and will have a lot of freedom in bringing their expertise to the team and the product. They will report to the CEO directly, and will have an opportunity to build the product up to series A and then build the team from there.
On the front end we're using React with styled-components, with very heavy use of hooks and exclusively functional components; no Redux, all Contexts.
For the backend we run on Node, serving Express APIs. Across our applications, we use PostgreSQL as our primary data store, with Sequelize interfacing between the database and Express.
Our codebases use ESLint, Prettier, Cypress and Jest to automate testing. We push to GitHub and deploy (continuously) via CircleCI to AWS.
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth
- Develop new features and infrastructure development in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualisation to deployment
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Work closely with senior internal stakeholder teams including Product, Commercial, Marketing and Operations.
- Work with modern development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities
- Architect and provide guidance on building end-to-end systems optimised for speed and scale
- Strong web frontend development experience, e.g. in React;
- Strong backend development experience, e.g. in Node.js, Express.js, Sequelize;
- Strong experience with AWS;
- Working knowledge of infrastructure tooling e.g. Docker, CircleCI;
- Confident, and able to take initiative in a delivery-focused environment;
- Preferably experienced in creating a scaled B2B marketplace solution;
What you get
- Competitive salary and options;
- Possibility to be on contract or as permanent;
- Joining a business that is growing fast and on course for Series A in the next few months;
- A chance to build the team you want, with the resource to make it best-in-class;
- Freedom to work from wherever you want.