About this Job:
Job Type: Full-time
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Role: UI Developer (10 openings)
Industry: Agile Software Development, Software Consulting, Software Development / Engineering
Company Size: 300-500 people
Company Type: Private
Contract Vehicles: They have multiple contracts with the government for application modernization
Preferred Timezone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time
Office Location: Herndon, VA, and the Washington, DC Area. Employees can also work full time from the Herndon, VA Office. My client will be moving into a new facility this year.
Relocation Assistance: Yes
My client is looking for ten UI web application developers to join the team.
Why Consider This Position?
We are giving you a lot of information in this job description so that you can figure out if you'd really like to work at my client’s company. We have a commitment to transparency and offer a “no surprises experience” throughout the interview and hiring process
My client practices and preaches sound development practices. You will learn and grow as a developer while working there
Their culture is phenomenal. They are deep-rooted to a set of 6 core values which are their defining principles and at the heart of everything they do
They have an innovation center in order to prototype current and real-life business challenges using cutting edge technologies that help them win major government contracts
Their pay and benefits will be somewhere between good and great, depending on what you are used to and where you live (see below for specifics)
You will have the option of working from your home or their office, whatever suits you best. They want you to spend the first 90 days as a training period to understand the syntax, methodology, process, and people. They like people onsite because it fosters a team mentality
They value and cultivate enjoyable working relationships among team members
They emphasize work/life balance and adopt policies that make sure our people don’t get burnt out. They don’t demand or encourage more than 40 hours, but there will be times when additional hours are required
They have a commitment to Agile Principles as they leverage a scaled agile framework
You have the skills and experience to be UI developer that can create reusable components on single page applications using React
You are committed to automated testing of all the software you write
You like working independently but can contribute to a team as needed
If you apply, we will help you along every step of the way
The development of reusable components of single-page applications, especially with React.
Designing and developing user-friendly user interfaces that are responsive and Section 508 Compliant for enterprise-wide systems.
Designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software within a project scope ensuring that work product meets end-user acceptance criteria.
Managing both leadership- directed and self-directed assignments to resolve software defects or implement features to meet schedule commitments with a high-level of quality.
Works within a team to define requirements, develop new functionalities, learn responsive design patterns, and understand object-driven states.
Continually acquires knowledge of industry and company standards, tools and technology with a focus on pragmatic application to business-focused software solutions through initiative and self-study.
They run their teams in twice-weekly scrums focused on business and development.
Must have 2+ years working experience in React and associated cutting edge libraries
Must have 3+ years developing SPAs using JS Frameworks
Understanding of Redux and Redux middleware
Working experience using Agile methodologies
Experience in responsive and mobile design
Experience with accessibility-driven design and Section 508 Compliance
Experience with development in Cloud and DevOps
Working experience within a PostGres, DynamoDB, Oracle, or Liquibase environment
Working knowledge Developing Java web servers (SOAP or RESTFul) using the Open source framework's like Axis, CXF, and JAX-WS
Experience developing in Java and J2EE
Familiarity with continuous integration tools
Experience in using Jira or Rally
BS in Computer Science or related IT field
US Citizen required for security clearance purposes
What They Offer:
Pay: $80-$120K (mid-level), $105K-$130K (Senior)
We are happy to talk about money as one of the first parts of our conversation so we don’t waste each others time if we aren’t in the ballpark. They will look at individuals making more money and our offer will take into consideration your salary history, experience, references, and a skills assessment. Everyone wants to be paid as much as possible, but the economics of business usually require that we meet in the middle
One of the best things about working for them is that they really value work/family balance. They have many company functions during the year
They rarely work more than 40 hours a week. They know there are other developers out there putting in 50-60 hours a week
Benefits: 401K (no vesting schedule), Medical / Dental / Vision (no OOP for employees), PTO: 3 weeks in the first 2 years, 10 paid holidays, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, etc.
Flexibility: While They expect a regular schedule during normal business hours, they are pretty flexible when schedule changes are needed for legitimate reasons
Remote candidates are welcome to apply, but they will look at these candidates on a case by case basis. Many of the employees work from home frequently when they have developed trust with the Manager. They do have an office if you prefer to get away from home to focus on work
They care about their employees
Last 90 Days
Business Job Title: UI/UX Designer
Total # Positions: 1
Job Level and Job Category: C1 / Product Management
Location: Boston-501 Boylston or Centennial-2154 East Common or San Francisco-1301 Sansome
1301 Sansome Street
Job Duration: 9 month(s)
Estimated Hours Worked Per Week: 40
Start Date: ASAP
Minimum Required Skills:
Additional Job Details:
Consider Remote Worker?:
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 to $40.00 /year
- UI: 3 years (Required)
- UX: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Multiple locations
What you will be doing
The applications we develop aid analysts in solving complex analytical problems. This is a unique opportunity for a developer to design and develop mission applications and lead small project teams. The candidate would have the opportunity to develop applications with varying degrees of scale, risk and complexity. Lead developer duties may include serving as the technical lead for the design, testing and implementation of complex applications, complex web application layouts, content and user interfaces and/or database projects.
Duties may include but not limited to:
- The developer consults with clients to develop complex user requirements;
- Translates user requirements from a formal requirements document into an application and/or database design;
- Writes interfaces to companion applications or databases;
- Writes necessary code;
- Ensures interoperability with other applications;
- Provides extensive technical advice and guidance to Application Developers and other members of the team;
- Generates comprehensive test plans to ensure that adequate unit, system, and integration testing is performed;
- Oversees unit/functional testing and transitioning of the complex application and/or database to production; and
- Generates comprehensive test plans to ensure that adequate unit, system, and integration testing is performed.
- Directs contract personnel and continually works to optimize resources to better meet Sponsor priorities.
- Supports internal meetings (e.g. staff meetings, schedule reviews, status meetings), external stakeholder meetings, and working groups. Ensures that appropriate contract personnel attend project meetings where specific expertise is required.
- Communicates regularly with Sponsor Leadership to provide an integrated view into project status, schedule, and performance.
What you will need
- Minimum of 6 years demonstrated on-the-job experience with full life-cycle application software development
- Minimum of 4 years specialized experience with hands on involvement in all aspects of the application software development life-cycle (from requirements analysis through design, programming, testing, and deployment)
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with legacy application conversion (redeployment to alternative platforms and languages) and technology assessment
Demonstrated on-the-job experience with at least 2 of the following key technology areas:
Object-Oriented analysis, design and development using one of the following relational database technologies:
- Ruby on Rails
- Object-Oriented analysis, design and development using one of the following relational database technologies:
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing applications utilizing the model, view, control (MVC) architectural pattern
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with version control systems like Subversion or Git
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the product life cycle to include the maintenance of production systems
- Demonstrated experience leading a development team
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience exhibiting customer service skills
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working in a team environment exhibiting problem solving skills
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the Sponsor's Ruby on Rails platform
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the Sponsor or Sponsor-s partners and their current technology issues
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience exhibiting written skills to include technical documentation regarding Sun, Solaris and Linux
- Demonstrated experience deploying applications to a cloud infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
TS/SCI with appropriate Polygraph
What it takes:
- A 'be the best of the best’ attitude
- Hunger to be at the leading edge of your field
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work effectively in individual and team environments
- Intellectual curiosity along with an analytical mind
- willingness to work towards the betterment of your countrymen
- desire to be the 1stline of defense to protect your nation
- passion to protect and serve
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
- Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with company paid contribution (amount equivalent to 7% of your salary)
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
- Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
- Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
- Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Ability to work successfully and independently in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently under minimal supervision as well as cooperatively across multiple teams
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to communicate on all levels
- Minimum 3+ years of front-end software development working on enterprise level applications
- Proven track-record of meeting deliverables throughout project timelines
- Ability to work with leadership to develop business requirements and plans for implementing them
- Proficient in modern web standards and tools
- Ability to stay focused while working remotely
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn new skills and keep current with changing technology
- Must be a US citizen
- Git for version control
- JIRA for project management
- Build tools like Gulp or Grunt
- CSS preprocessors like LESS or SCSS
- Bootstrap, jQuery, MomentJS Timezone, Underscore/Lodash
- MEAN stack
- JSON and XML
- RESTful concepts and API development
- Designing and developing mobile applications
- An Agile and/or Scrum environment
- Unit testing and Test-Driven Development
- Testing/infrastructure automation tools like Jenkins, Selenium, and Karma
- Linux command line
- Desktop and mobile browser quirks and how to get around them
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Software Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Rochester, NY (Required)
- United States (Required)
- More than 1 year
We are happy to wait up to 2 weeks notice for the right candidate.
Please apply online or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vue.js Developer - Manchester - 6 Months rolling - £475 p/d +
We are able to offer some remote working with this particular contract position.
Should you feel you are suitable for this role then please apply via the advert then I will be in touch to discuss further with you.
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Join our small but growing team as we pursue our vision to make rapid, remote digital forensics and incident response accessible, usable, and valuable to all businesses to improve their resiliency to a cyber attack. Offering unparalleled speed to resolution, the CyFIR Enterprise platform from CyFIR, LLC gives customers the tools to rapidly identify, understand, and eliminate threats to their computing platforms. At CyFIR, we're committed to our work, our customers, and our shared successes.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager and/or the CTO at our headquarters office in Ashburn, VA. This team member is excited about software engineering, cybersecurity, and building tools to stop attackers in their tracks. We're small and all team members count, so you'll have tremendous ownership, influence, and impact on the products you build. At CyFIR, we take on new challenges in the cybersecurity landscape daily, and you'll have a tremendous opportunity to develop and grow as an engineer. You'll work with a small, but top-tier set of dedicated peers, and you'll help build interesting cyber defensive and investigative products that protect the businesses and services we all use.
We offer a collaborative work environment. Work-life balance is important to us, and we dress casually, enjoy flexible hours, and working at home sometimes is okay, too. Life happens, and we want to be there for you when it does. We also think personal development and mentoring is important, and we strongly believe that everyone can learn something from everyone else. Sharing is caring.
- You have a desire to learn, adapt, and pivot quickly when necessary. Things come fast in cyber, and tomorrow's challenges are today's work. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll need to get up to speed quickly. You could have dominion over multiple projects at the same time, so good personal time management and prioritization is key.
- You have experience integrating tools together. If you've taken Tool A, added it to Tool B, and made it more than the sum of its parts, this position is for you.
- You really like building APIs. Did we mention APIs? We like APIs. We want you to like them too. A lot.
- Experience in working with "big data" (ooh, BUZZWORDS!) is a "big plus," as we have a tool that can obtain a huge pile of it. We just need you to tell us how we can use it. Math geek? You rock.
- Architecting software is cool to you. Building prototypes is your way to relax. Looking at an insurmountable challenge, squinting your eyes, and saying, "Yeah, I can do that," is the only way you fly.
- You have experience building cyber security applications, or you at least have a genuine interest in doing so. Experience counts, but attitude and raw talent are better.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Software Systems Engineering, or something in a similar field. An MS in one of those fields is a bonus. Technical trade school or practical experience in lieu of a degree will be considered, too.
- Five or more years of full-time experience in building good, solid, bug-free, award-winning code. Code that makes your mama proud. Code so clean you can eat off it.
- Experience with REST API's and architecting API's is a bonus.
- Skills in package management (RPM), Jenkins, build automation, and SE Linux is a huge perk and are highly preferred.
- Bonus points if you've worked with tools like IBM BigFix, Resilient, Splunk, or the Elastic ELK Stack.
- Our preference is for someone to be local to our Ashburn, VA office as we believe that a team-facing environment is integral to our growth. Relocation will be considered.
- You know some common scripting languages, and you enjoy using them. If you speak GoLang, C, SQL, PostgreSQL, Python, Ruby or others that is a preferred bonus.
We value and respect diversity at our company. Applicants will be considered by what they bring to the table and the enthusiasm with which they bring it. We look forward to receiving your application. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; however, due to the nature of our business, all candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States as we do not offer sponsorship.