Data Migration Developer required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 6 month contract.
Whilst this will initially be a remote position, a presence may be required in London at a later date.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM APRIL 2021 YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO USE AN UMBRELLA COMPANY*
Software development activity across the full range of development life cycle; requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding/development, testing, implementation and live support.
This may be within new systems development projects or enhancements and fixes to existing applications.
- Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
- Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Assisting the team in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
- Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
- Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility, including negotiation with other team members
- Problem analysis, investigation and resolution
- Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
Technology, experience and skills required:
- A software engineering background with proven ability to rapidly learn and apply application development process, tools and programming/Scripting languages.
- Awareness of key SE engineering concepts and governance (design, development, config management and version control, quality control, continuous integration, release/deployment, documentation, built in supportability, built in maintainability, re-use and extensibility)
- Database/storage technologies: Oracle, MySQL, HDFS, Hbase
- Scripting/Programming languages: SQL, PLSQL, HiveQL, Java, Python, Perl, Shellscript, R, Scala, VBA
- Operating systems: Unix, Linux, Windows
- ETL toolsets: Pentaho DI, Talend, SQL, Informatica
- Analytics and Reporting: Pentaho BA, Hive, SAS, Excel
- Supporting toolsets: Jira, Confluence, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Excel
- Platforms: Hadoop, AWS, Azure
- Data virtualisation: Denodo
- Data solutions development addressing data extraction
- Transformation and load (ETL) processing
- Data analytics and reporting requirements
- Familiar with Agile software development principles and practices and experience of delivery as a member of an Agile Scrum team utilising Scrum methodology.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Data Engineer - £500 p/d - Azure
I am currently looking for a data migration specialist that has extensive experience working with Azure and ideally Public Sector experience also.
The role will be working fully remote at present.
You would be joining a brand new piece of work so a great chance to have a real impact on a fresh project.
For further information on the project please apply or get in touch with Jack at SR2 to discuss.
|Skill||Required / Desired||Amount||of Experience|
|Agile Methodology experience||Highly desired||4||Years|
|Selenium - Web Driver - in depth knowledge required, not just exposure||Required||4||Years|
|Ability to work in a fasted-pace environment||Required||6||Years|
|SQL, relational database, and ability to read a data model.||Required||4||Years|
|Experience with security testing||Required||2||Years|
|All types of testing (performance, functional, load, web services, data creation, persistent layer verification, stress, etc.)||Required||7||Years|
|SOAP UI utilizing REST requests - in depth knowledge, not just exposure||Required||4||Years|
|Experience with large-scale web based (COTS) project||Highly desired||4||Years|
|Proficient in various SDLC (agile, iterative, etc.), not just automation tester.||Required||7||Years|
|Question 1||Absences greater than two weeks MUST be approved by CAI management in advance, and contact information must be provided to CAI so that the resource can be reached during his or her absence. The Client has the right to dismiss the resource if he or she does not return to work by the agreed upon date. Do you accept this requirement?|
|Question 2||Candidates are working remotely until all staff return to site. The candidate will need to come onsite the first day to pick up equipment. Do you accept this requirement?|
|Question 3||Candidate must be able to attend a webcam interview and live locally. Do you accept this requirement?|
|Question 4||Please list candidate's email address HERE that will be used when submitting E-RTR.|
|Question 5||Please indicate how soon this candidate is available to start work. Vendors are encouraged to submit candidates that are available for the duration of the assignment.|
|Question 6||Vendor must disclose to the agency if the candidate will be subcontracted at the time of submission. Do you accept this requirement?|
|Question 8||Payment for all approved hours will be paid at the straight hourly rate regardless of the total hours worked by the engaged resource. It is the responsibility of the supplier to adhere to any applicable compensation laws including payment for overtime hours. Do you accept this requirement?|
Job DescriptionA government subcontractor is seeking a Remote Salesforce Developer for a contract to hire position.
Scrum Master - £500 - £550 (Inside IR35)
Data Migration | Data Integration | Data transformation | Remote working
Our client, an international leader in their field, are currently recruiting for a Scrum Master on an initial 5 months contract. The Scrum Master will be working on a data transformation project, focusing on optimising data usage.
The Scrum Master will have experience working on complex data projects within an Agile Waterfall environment and will bridge the gap between the business and IT teams within the organisation.
The Scrum Master will:
An experienced Azure Designer/Architect is required for an initial 6 month contract (inside IR35) which is expected to extend.
The role will initially work remotely for our client who is based in Stratford-Upon-Avon.
As an Azure Cloud Designer/Architect, you will be an Azure SME with experience producing low-level Azure infrastructure designs and helping to drive the delivery of their implementation.
At times you will be required to be hands on and get involved in the release.
You will need to have experience of producing high quality low-level designs in order for DevOps Engineers to produce Infrastructure as Code to enable deployment at scale.
Experience with Terraform is required.
You will need to be proactive, able to provide logical thinking and sound reasoning to overcome objects that materialise during implementation.
Our client is also looking to migrate on-premise services to Azure and so the ability to be able to think outside the box is key as is the need to hit the ground running.
Knowledge of the following technologies would be especially helpful:
Roles & Responsibilities:
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $30.00 - $82.00 per hour
JOB OVERVIEW: BI Developer (MS BI stack) / Business Intelligence Developer with solid data warehouse and SSIS experience sought by a leading UK healthcare company. Video interviews and 95% remote-working with just once a month visits to Head office in Bournemouth / Poole in Dorset. Great opportunity to work with a diverse cutting-edge tech stack!
Contract type: 4 month initial contract with possibility of extension.
Pay rate: £350-£400 per day and this assignment is OUTSIDE of IR35!
Location:- Video interviews and 95% remote-working available with just once a month visits to Head office in Bournemouth / Poole in Dorset.
For decades, my client has been providing unrivalled healthcare services. Their services continually evolve and develop to meet the needs of the local community. The post holder will play a key role in developing, maintaining and evolving the business intelligence strategies and processes required to maintain, develop and support the Programme’s data warehouse and Business Intelligence analysis, reporting and presentation tools. You'll support the provision of a centralised information source, team/location performance and business intelligence, You'll also become part of a great team who takes pride in making a positive difference to the Healthcare industry for everyone's mutual benefit!
My client has a number of fantastic new opportunities for Business Intelligence Developers / BI Developers to join the rapidly expanding team.
- Provide technical solutions to enhance the Programme Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Maintain technical, professional and specialist knowledge and understanding - and be competent in the use of a wide range of specialist software packages and programming languages including but not limited to Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Analysis Services, Microsoft Power BI, and Power Pivot. You may also have exposure or an awareness of MS Azure, ADF (Azure Data Factory), Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT and/or DevOps OR be keen to acquire such exposure!
- Contribute to the design, development and improvement of Business Intelligence solutions and manipulation of relevant data sources.
- work with the Information and Applications Teams in the development of statutory returns, standard and bespoke reports utilising data warehouse and data feeds.
- ensure all required data is available in the data repository and to manage the specification and coordinate the development if not.
- Be responsible for active maintenance of the data repository ensuring integrity, consistency and relevant documentation. Ensuring smooth operation of ETL processes and high availability of Business Intelligence infrastructure.
- Participate in the development and strategy for data migration when changing providers or decommissioning legacy systems ensuring continuity of service.
- Maintain full compliance to the system and data architecture, standards and procedures
- You absolutely MUST have experience of creating or using a data warehouse
- You will for example have experience of creating new dimension and FACT tables and will ideally have experience of slowly changing dimensions and have done data modelling with star or snowflake schemas
- You will have strong SSIS skills, being able to build SSIS packages from scratch
- Competent with SOME of the following languages / tools;
- Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint, Performance Point, Power Pivot, MS Azure, ADF (Azure Data Factory), Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT and/or DevOps.
- Educated to degree level in computer or information science
- Recognised qualifications in MS SQL Server technologies
- Experience in developing OR working with large scale ETL solutiions
- Knowledge and experience of developing and implementing Power BI reporting solution advantageous not essential
- knowledge / awareness and skills in data modelling, and or database architecture design advantageous
- Good understanding of Data Quality and ability to develop data quality reporting mechanism
WHAT'S ON OFFER:-
Along with the chance to work with a growing global market leader who offers a superb working environment, company culture and very high staff retention ration my client offers;
- A truely collaborative style of working and the opportunity to work with an extremely well-respected Lead Developer and Head of BI keen to further develop your skill set.
- remote working
- An extremely pleasant and professional working environment with like-minded BI enthusiasts.
IF you are a strong match to the specific requirements for this role then please apply with a CV as soon as possible. Candidates who are not a close match sadly cannot be considered.
Keywords; Business Intelligence, SQL Server, BI, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, reports, reporting, Database, DBA, data warehouse, software developer, engineer, programmer, Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint, Performance Point, Excel and Power Pivot, MS Azure
Contract Data Engineer Microsoft BI Stack - Remote working
A locally based specialist IT custom software house is currently on the lookout for a Data Engineer to help work on an existing product – within the financial services. The company delivers leading-edge solutions which focuses on their client’s requirements and needs. The specific project is focused on the delivery of centralising data for analytical purposes.
What do I need to get this job?
Strong experience in Cloud Services, data lakes/stores, SQL Server 2005 +, DTS, SSIS, Oracle PL SQL, Python
Experience supporting migration of data to the Enterprise data warehouse and Cloudera Data Lake
Previous experience in data quality and validation of data, with data lineage throughout execution of physical data models
For more information, please call Emma Douds on 028 95211121 in the strictest confidence.
Azure Data Engineer - 8 week rolling contract - Remote
Azure, SQL Server, Data Warehouse, Data Modelling, Microsoft BI Stack, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
An Azure Data Engineer is required by a major name in the housing industry to support their ever growing data team on their exciting new Cloud journey, ensuring that the migration from their SQL legancy systems into th new Azure Cloud platform is successful.
Our client has been at the forefront of working on residential developments for over centrury and has been responsible for some of the UK's biggest and best regeneration projects.
Requirements for the Azure Data Engineer:
If you're an experience Azure Data Engineer with experience migrating legacy SQL systems into Azure Cloud, please do get in touch ASAP! (Skills needed: Azure, SQL Server, Data Warehouse, Data Modelling, Microsoft BI Stack, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS).
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.