Need candidates on W2. Client is open to consider candidates who can relocate to Dulles, VA. EXPERIENCE WITH PYTHON,AWS is MUST.
The Managed Services Infrastructure team is building a next-gen Infrastructure as
a Service so that we can provide faster, more reliable solutions at greater scale. In our
journey we are looking for a talented and passionate Infrastructure Engineer with a
strong background in AWS operations & Linux system administration. This individual
will have a good understanding of python. A basic knowledge of Networking & Online
video will help them hit the ground running.
The Managed Services Infrastructure team is developing a next-gen Infrastructure
as Service (IaaS) which will leverage different Platform solutions. Through rigor and
automation we strive for better engineering allowing us to build a robust, high-quality
service that can cater to any of our customers demands at scale.
What You’ll Do
- Engineer and administer Linux systems in both hardware and cloud
- Work with both internal and external customers on related projects.
- Provide support relating to customer incidents, and security issues.
- Diagnose performance issues by analyzing data with commercial and in-house
- Write, review and maintain related code and documentation
- Be part of the on-call rotation.
- Work as part of the team to solve unique customer business integrations.
- Play a key role in the QA and deployment effort of new applications or streaming
- Expert level experience in Linux system engineering and administration
- Expert level knowledge of AWS Operations (EC2, Lambda, S3, CloudWatch,
Security Groups etc...)
- Experience with CI/CD process and tools, e.g: git, travis, salt, jenkins, AWS
CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline
- Proficiency in infrastructure as a code & automation using Python, Unix Shell
and other scripting languages.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills. Excellent reporting/presenting both
upwards and across teams.
- Excellent decision-making, team organization and administration.
Nice to Have
- Experience engineering solutions in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Openstack,
Docker & Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience with Python, GoLang and Terraform.
- Experience in configuring and managing SaltStack.
- Deep understanding in Over The Top (OTT) video encoding.
- Network engineering / administration experience
Job Type: Contract
- python,DevOps,aws, networking: 2 years (Required)
- Dulles, VA (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
Software Engineer/Backend Developer (Java 8, Springboot) – Telecoms – 100% Remote Working
Rate: 350 – 400 per day
Duration: 1 month rolling contract
*******Need to be able to start Immediately*******
- Write high-quality software following the team’s current practices
- Write technical documentation (software architecture, usage instructions, …)
- Proactively suggest and promote new methodologies and technologies within the team
- Write and maintain tests and other quality-centred automated processes
- Mandatory experience with
- Java 8+
- Experience with most of the following
- SOA (REST-based micro-services)
- Test driven development / behaviour-driven development
- Collaborative development (Gitflow, peer reviewing)
- Java (JSE, Maven)
- Web/mobile development (web standards, EcmaScript, …)
- Continuous Integration/delivery (Jenkins, Ansible, Docker)
- Will to learn, maintain and evolve existing codebase
- Excellent personal inter-relational capabilities, promoting collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Ability to use creativity and critical thinking while designing pragmatic solutions
- Ability to explain different and complex ideas in a compelling way to team members and colleagues from other business areas
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Portuguese would be a nice to have but not nescessary
REMOTE CONTRACT - 6 WEEKS
Improve service reliability using DevOps methodology, by creating, optimising and automating operation focused processes.
Implement and maintain high SLA production environments
Support the full software development lifecycle by designing, implementing and maintaining support tools, namely source control management, continuous integration, continuous delivery, repository systems, etc... removing choke points or blockages from the software development processes, effectively increasing the team's precision, productivity and software deployment reliability.Mandatory Experience with
Please apply within to receive the full job spec.
Job Location : Reston VA
Job Duration : Long Term Contract
Technical Operations is a shared service within Data Engineering is responsible for ensuring that the technical, data, and processing needs of the business operations are met through the efficient operation, availability, and maintenance of the data processing systems that support the SAT, PSAT/PN, AP, CLEP and other College Board programs, products, and services.
The Technical Operations group of the College Board seeks s Sr. Technical Engineer with strong technical skills to work closely with Data Engineering staff; key business stakeholders, and Information Technology (IT) staff to support continuous business operations. The Sr. Technical Engineer is accountable for making certain that day-to-day business operations for the College Board programs and products are adequately supported from a production and technical support standpoint and operate in a high quality, and highly reliable manner.
The Sr. Technical Engineer will need to solve complex data and system related problems using a variety of technical and analytical skills and be able to document and standardize the processes for solving those problems. A successful candidate will be able to generate efficiencies and mitigate risk within the data engineering group, through sound technical analysis, and will generate value for the business by providing solutions to their business problems.
The Sr. Technical Engineer should be able to adapt and develop the technical expertise under the DevOps model, using Amazon Web Services and continuous delivery systems and services. The Sr. Technical Engineer will work with numerous development teams and assist with development of tools, applications, and/or services that are needed to facilitate both new and existing processes.
- Ensure assigned operations incidents and problems are identified, reported, tracked, and resolved.
- Ensure incidents are regularly monitored, resolved, and prioritized for future releases.
- Support ad-hoc data requests and extracts within the existing data governance guidelines and security policies and best practices.
- Develop and implement solutions, based on that set of standards, patterns and processes.
- Developing full stack AWS Cloud solutions and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the CB IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality.
- Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable “cloud” based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets to test and deploy the systems they develop.
- The candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation
- Share responsibility for ensuring operations teams have the procedures and methods in place to obtain technical support from internal and external IT groups, whether related to software malfunction, systems downtime, data integrity, or infrastructure failure and share information with customers and cross-functional team members.
- Provide insight, feedback, and technical expertise to cross-functional groups for pilots, studies, and other new initiatives within the organization.
- Support and assist with the development of technical and repeatable solutions in order to ensure the Production environment is both stable and data quality standards are met.
- Systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
- Manage incidents that occur in the production systems. This includes communications, triage and tier 1 or tier 2 support, resolution of issues as feasible (including creation of scripts and/or analyzing logs), engaging IT for issues related to the code, tracking of incidents, and coordination with vendor (s) in resolution.
- Monitor, measure, and report on the quality of the data within numerous systems.
- Create, modify, and maintain quality checks performed against data within the system, both within the database and applicable output files.
- Analyze impact of new process changes; assess gaps in existing operational processes.
- Support peak periods by assisting the team during high-volume or peak processing dates and windows. Work with IT to ensure that all tools developed by operations are in compliance with their requirements and adhere to established College Board specifications and specifications of vendors and partners.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or related analytical or technical field is required.
- 7+ years of experience in software systems, programming, database development, and infrastructure development and administration
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring technical staff in the development and usage of cloud technology and solutions
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience with full stack development.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience with AWS cloud supported programming languages like Java, Node JS, React JS, Angular JS or Python development.
- 2+ years hands-on with AWS Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, EC2, RDS and DynamoDB, AWS CLI
- Ability to use or learn: KMS, ALB/ELB, Route 53, VPC
- Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as: Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, BitBucket
- Working knowledge of AWS Serverless architecture
- Working knowledge of distributed architectural design patterns
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation or similar scripting techniques
- Familiarity with monitoring tool suites like DataDog, SumoLogic, NewRelic, and Nagios
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
- Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
- Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Strong ability to explain advanced data concepts to database developers and architects, non-technical end users, and business users.
- Experience with Oracle Databases, Dynamo DB, Dataflux and/or Cognos BI tools is preferred.
- Expertise in understanding and writing SQL and stored procedures.
- Knowledgeable and Proficient with AWS and/or other Cloud-Based Technologies.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high competency in balancing multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in process analysis and documentation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Understanding of various issues tracking/resolution, scope estimation and scope management processes.
- Working knowledge of DBMS client software (MS SQL, Oracle, and MySQL) is required.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook) is required.
- Knowledge of Appian, C#, java, xml, Informatica ETL or UNIX is preferred.
Role: Sr. Java Web Developer
Location: Salt Lake City,UT
This position will work with a team of application developers and engineers.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
This position will develop new and enhance existing Java web applications for both public and internal use.
Strong experience with Java web development required.
Additionally, this project will use java web frameworks, preference given to Wicket and MyBatis.
External users and systems will authenticate using standards such as OATH2 or OpenAM.
The web applications and APIs use Oracle to store and query data.
This position will also update an existing Java web application to maintain current functionality and provide new enhancements per user requirements.
Additionally, appropriate data security standards must be met, and approved data encryption techniques will be used.
Candidate must initially work onsite, then candidate may work remotely but must be available to attend meetings onsite as required.
Training may be provided if project requirements dictate.
5+ years development experience with Java/J2EE, web services and APIs
Advanced working experience designing SQL schemas, queries (preference with Oracle)
3+ yeas with Java web application UI development
Java web development
Web frameworks (Wicket)
Job Type: Contract
- java: 7 years (Required)
- Salt Lake City, UT (Required)
- One location
- 1 year
- More than 1 year