Responsibilities for this Position
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience). Agile experience preferred.
- Experience in designing, developing, building, and implementing Big Data solutions or developing automated solutions to solve complex problems, a thoughtful ability to solve problems could outweigh years of experience
- Ability to identify and implement a data solution strategy
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity in exploring new technologies and finding creative ways to solve data management problems
- Knowledge of Spark, Impala, Hadoop, Streamsets, Kafka, Rest APIs
- Experience in SQL-based and NoSQL-based technologies
- DoD 8570.1M compliant IAT II (i.e. Security+, etc.)
Ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance required. Candidate must be able to obtain the Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) is seeking motivated candidates to join our insider threat detection, systems integration team. Our mission oriented team is responsible for the design, testing, deployment, maintenance, operation, and evolution of the systems directly supporting the insider threat detection program of a large government customer in the United States Intelligence Community (USIC).
GDMS has an immediate opening on the team for a motivated Junior Big Data Engineer with a self-starter mindset who is up to date with the latest tools and techniques. The position will focus on the integration of new data management technologies and software performance tuning and troubleshooting. This is a challenging yet rewarding position that provides an opportunity to leverage cutting edge technologies in pursuit of a vital mission that protects people, sensitive information/technologies, and the national security posture of the USIC.
The majority of work will be performed in Chantilly, Virginia, which is located approximately 25 miles west of Washington D.C., near the Dulles International Airport. The selected Junior Big Data Engineer will support a 6+ year contract that General Dynamics recently secured.
- Assist in the development and delivering of large scale data pipelines
- Develop and implement automated tests for data transformations and data migrations
- Research and apply big data solution technologies to complex datasets; make recommendations to data science team on new technologies
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!