We are seeking an Azure Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Engineer on a short term contract basis. The initial contract will be three days per week for three weeks.
You will be joining the KCOM team that is being formed for this engagement. The customer is a large public sector organisation located an hour south of central London.
This customer is about to embark on an Azure migration and requires assistance around the build and deployment of the supporting infrastructure. You will help validate their choice of tooling and help get them started as they commence the build and deployment of the landing zone into which their services will be migrated. It is of upmost importance to our customer that they utilise best practices from the start. The customer has used Azure previously, so has a good understanding of public cloud.
We are looking for someone who embraces and evangelises DevOps concepts of automation and repeatability yet is also capable of being hands-on in building and delivering those concepts.
You will therefore have a strong hands-on Azure build and deployment background and will be able to advise the customer based upon experience. Key skills include the use of Terraform, ARM templates, PowerShell, version control (using Git) and experience deploying Azure infrastructure with Azure DevOps (VSTS). We are looking for an individual who has used these technologies successfully on enterprise projects. As part of the interview process we will require the candidate to partake in a hands-on practical test on the use of these technologies.
In addition to the hands-on aspect of this role, you will need to be able to present findings and recommendations clearly and concisely to the customer, both verbally and through presentations and documentation. You will therefore need strong spoken and written English skills.
As part of this engagement you will be working on-site with the customer. There may be some limited opportunity for remote working on some days of the engagement. We are looking for an individual who is pragmatic, approachable, proactive, collaborative, and flexible (as the customer's requirements may change throughout the engagement).
This is an exciting opportunity with a high profile, public sector organisation. The successful delivery of the first phase of consultancy may result in further engagements.
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design, build and deployment, including private and public cloud, networking, connectivity, storage, virtualisation and identity
- Implementation of Azure networking for enterprise organisations
- Build of hybrid environments to span existing customer networks and Azure
- Securing, managing and monitoring Azure environments
- Experience building and deploying resilient Azure cloud architectures
- Experience of migration and modernisation of workloads from customers' on-prem data centres to Azure
- Well versed in Windows and has the skills and confidence to learn and work on Linux when needed
- Experienced in the use of Azure platform services to create born in the cloud PaaS solutions
- Experience building and deploying Azure resources using IaC
- Experience with the Azure CLI, PowerShell/Azure PowerShell and the Azure Portal
- Writing and deploying ARM templates
- Writing and deploying infrastructure using Terraform
- Testing templates (using Pester and Terratest)
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell DSC, Chef and Puppet
- Creating and managing CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Azure DevOps (VSTS) to deploy both infrastructure and applications
- Experience of version control systems such as Azure DevOps (VSTS) and Git
- Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Azure Active Directory, AD Connect, Operations Management Suite/Log Analytics, Azure Monitor, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure App Services, Azure Storage, Azure Import/Export, Azure SQL Server, MySQL, Azure Automation
- Active Directory
- Bash experience
- Exposure to other cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Docker and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Experience with serverless deployment, maintenance and associated tool chain
- Working knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Ability to maximise knowledge transfer through the production of high quality process documentation
- Strong adoption of automation philosophies
- Delivery focused with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem investigation and diagnosis skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people internally and externally
- A willingness to be flexible in terms of location, hours and types of work undertaken
70-533 Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions and/or AZ-100 Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Deployment and AZ-101 Microsoft Azure Integration and Security.
Over 3 months old
Remote: at least 3 days a week (potentially 5).
DevSecOps is still the wild west... So we need someone who is happy to go into a role that isn't necessarily fully defined yet. Someone who can self-define their role and carve out a place in the team where you will be a valuable asset. If that is something you're comfortable with… This is an awesome role for a top-quality client.
We are searching for a DevSecOps (Cloud and Container Security Architect), specifically surrounding AWS / Kubernetes. Please note that this position requires a proven DevOps Engineer, who also has extensive experience within Security (DevSecOps).
The client have just gone through a Twistlock implementation, so any experience with this tool will be a huge plus. Further to that Cloud Custodian and Cloud Checker are being utilised.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for supporting the security of the client's use of cloud technologies, this will include IaaS, Paas, Saas, automation and orchestration (experience in do so is of paramount importance).
- Assessing current security implementations, this includes designing and implementing controls to drastically reduce risk to the client and importantly, it's customers.
- Establishing and instilling industry leading standards and practices in security engineering.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a team with a start-up feel whilst having the security of working for a large and established company - being at the forefront of DevSecOps.
At the very least, you must have solid experience with:
- Identity access management
- Security scanning
- Remediation of Penetration Testing
- AWS (Security)
- Kubernetes (Security)
Apply now for the full details of the role, what they are trying to achieve and where you will fit into the team...
- AWS, Azure or GCP experience (AWS preferred although they are building cloud agnostic solututions).
- Docker - deploying into Kubernetes
- nix flavours - Linux mainly
- Experience configuring Open VPN, Bastion Server and Free IPA
- Alerts and monitoring - NAgios, Icinga 2 etc
- AWS RDS and some knowledge of EKS
Cloud Security Architect - LDN - TOP MARKET RATE + Remote Work
- Advanced knowledge of cloud ecosystems primarily with AWS although knowledge of Azure and Google cloud will also be beneficial
- Solid experience with secure SDLC (i.e. Agile, DevOps), threat modelling, risk management, vulnerability management, incident response and security monitoring.
- In-depth knowledge of application security tool sets used for static and dynamic testing such as Checkmarx, AppSpider
- In-depth understanding of application security frameworks such as OWASP
- Solid working experience of CI tools such as Jenkins and Travis CI etc
- Strong oral, written, and presentation abilities - able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from C-level executives to operations and development teams
If you are interested please send your CV
Azure IaaS & PaaS- Azure Big Data- Azure DevOps- Java- ARM
I am currently looking for a Senior Azure Architect who can undertake an initial 3 month contract in Swansea on a critical cloud migration project. This contract looks at over a years worth of work, with the first month on site, then heavy remote working.
We need someone who is a Senior Architect, who is client facing and a great communicator.
Key Skills Needed:
- Azure IaaS- Architecture experience.
- Azure PaaS platforms including - Azure App Service, Event Grid, Event Hub, IoT, Data Factory, Stream Analytics, SQL as a Service.
- Microsoft SSIS/SSAS/SQL and traditional BI technology stacks.
- Azure Devops CI/CD deployments.
- Azure BigData technologies.
- Azure Networking.
- Java development experience.
- ARM Templates.
- Agile experience.
For more info on this role and to register your interest, please respond with an updated CV and I will be in touch very soon. Many thanks.
Senior Azure Architect- ASAP Start- 3 Month Initial- Heavy Remote
Azure IaaS & PaaS- Azure Big Data- Azure DevOps- Java- ARM
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.