Gears Consulting Group is a full-stack software development agency that is focused on web and mobile app development, project planning, enterprise IT solutions and onsite IT staffing.
We are looking for a rockstar Freelance Sr Software Engineer(5+ years experience) to join our team assisting us with new and ongoing projects. Hours will vary based on weekly workloads and project needs. We are ok with remote work or onsite in our Silicon Valley office. We have opportunities for people who want to work on a 1099 contract basis. If you are interested in being considered for work as a 1099 independent contractor, and want to be on our short list of high quality extended teammates, please apply.
Join the GCG, Inc Extended Team!
Database & Mem storage: MySql, MongoDB and Redis
Frontend & Backend debugging skills
MVC Frameworks (Codeigniter, Laravel, Phalcon)
JS Frameworks & Libs (Expressjs, React, Vuejs, Jquery)
GIT Version Control
Linux and Command Line skills
Hybrid Mobile Apps w/ Cordova
Nice to haves
Based in and able to work in the United States
Fluent in written and spoken English
Ability to connect via Slack during PST 10am - 4pm for questions, updates, and assignment of projects
Consulting Experience Preferred
Expert skills in data-related technologies
A team player who is passionate about excellent service delivery
$65 - $95hr 1099 contract
Join Chain Security
Chain Security is a technology risk mitigation consulting company. We are based in the Washington, DC area, with strong ties to Silicon Valley in California. Our team has deep technical and operational experience in both government and commercial sectors. Our senior team members have worked in government agencies, telecommunication carriers and defense contracting companies.
Chain Security strive's in creating transparency within the supply chain sector of technology in order to minimize security risks against active threats. We specialize in establishing a level of required trust mandated by the United States government for technology companies that incorporate other technology companies, products, or services. We assist our clients by conducting a thorough risk assessment of their technology and efficiently developing methods and processes for mitigating any known vulnerabilities.
About this Job
Chain Security is looking for a Cloud Migration Engineer to join our team, initially as a contractor to assist in migrating premises-based applications to a Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure. As a Cloud Migration Engineer at Chain Security, you will be exposed to working with team of professional engineers from the San Francisco Bay Area who has product development and technology experience.
Location: Employee will work remotely
Hours: Negotiable hours, roughly 20 - 40 hours/week
Temporary Position: 3- 4 months
- United States Citizenship
- Active Directory Administration
- Access policy implementation through Active Directory
- Cloud Migration of business applications to Azure and/or AWS
- Good interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to elicit, communicate, present and train on technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to engage as part of a team
- Configuration and deployment experience in two or more of the following:
- Azure PaaS technologies
- Azure apps technologies such as AzureSQL, Azure Tables, Cache, SQL Server DW, Azure AD etc.
- Azure IaaS Technologies such as VMs, Virtual networks, Express Routes, Standard/Premium storage etc.
- Deployed applications with Web UI frontends
- AWS experience
- Strong security background including implementation of SIEM
- Knowledge of the any of the following NIST security related standards: 800-53 Rev4, 800-171 and 800-161
- Ability to travel to client sites within the United States
- Microsoft Office 365 US Government (GCC)
- U.S. Armed Forces veteran, other prior Federal Government service
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract
Last 90 Days
Looking for a Associate Software Engineer for our Memphis, TN location.
- The candidate must have excellent skills and knowledge responsibilities to provide architectural and technical guidance for Amazon AWS environments, tools, and solutions.
- Develop/maintain architectural blueprint schematic, feature specifications, and detailed technical design schematics.
- Develop and deploy features that will connect core/legacy data with new services both internal and external interfaces.
As the Associate Software Engineer, you will be responsible for Product Development
- AWS and cloud deployment of applications using Lambdas and other Amazon tools.
- Expert knowledge of API's (REST & Graph QL) demonstrable experience in developing using managed
code and services development.
- Drive for clarity with ambiguous or unknown requirements.
- Follows product design to perform development tasks to build /deliver the product increment
- Follows requirements when developing a solution that helps to meet the 'definition of done' for a particular
minor enhancement or break/fix ticket
- Codes/configures quality technology solutions that require limited rework and meet business / end-user
- Demonstrable understanding of Virtual Assistants (Google Home, Amazon Echo, etc.) ecosystems
including build, test, deployment.
Bamboo, Confluence, Salesforce Live Agent, RocketChat, Twilio, SMS, Docker/Containers
- Develops and integrates software as their primary responsibility
- Supports Team scrum/agile ceremonies, such as helping to maintain the ticket queue, and participating in
backlog refinement and release planning
- Supports the estimation of backlog items, Assists with unit test, as required
- Integrates code with CI/CD workflows
Product Quality and Implementation
- Delivers maintenance and enhancements for existing software or packaged applications
- Adheres to coding standards/procedures and participates in code reviews
- Ensures that all solution development is aligned to architectural standards throughout the development process
- Assists Tester in designing and ensuring the overall integrity of the test plan
- 5+ years related experience
- 3+ years of AWS tools and ecosystems
Job Type: Contract