.NET Developer in Reston, VA
Position Description: An exciting and challenging opportunity for a .NET Developer to contribute to the design and development of web applications based on Open Source technologies on a large IT project providing application development, operations and maintenance, COTS integration and business solutions in the Federal Government. The .NET Developer will work closely with government customers and other Web Developers working with Open Source products. Candidates should be proficient in Azure
framework and PaaS/IaaS environments, Web APIs, Microservices and emerging web-based technologies.
General roles and responsibilities:
Design and develop applications for Azure framework utilizing ASP.NET and Web API
In depth knowledge on Microsoft core platform technologies based on windows server
Develop secure application using .NET (Authentication/Authorization)
Work with customers to translate business needs into software solutions.
Assist the Project Manager in project planning, tasks and timeline determination for your deliverables.
Learn and follow standard operating procedures, including following the change management process and ensure compliance with SDLC standards and other customer specified processes
Stay abreast of current technology and seek out new tools that can be utilized appropriately
Understand the importance of meeting deadlines.
Must possess at least 10 years of professional IT consulting and software development experience.
Must possess experience with Azure Platform of a Service products, such as App Services, Notification Hub, Event Hub, Functions, Microservices
Experience developing object oriented solutions
Experience of Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service platform a plus
Must be able to research and work independently to triage, troubleshoot, and fix issues.
Must be able to work collaboratively with other team members and hit the ground running, with minimal guidance, towards a common goal
Requires strong communication skills with other team members and clients
Requires the proven ability to manage time while working on a variety of tasks
Possess a willingness and attitude to help customers find workable solutions
Agile development experience.
Applicants selected will be subject to a minimum-background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
BS. degree or equivalent experience
Job Type: Contract
- Multiple locations
- Remote/Work from home
Need candidates on W2. Client is open to consider candidates who can relocate to Dulles, VA. EXPERIENCE WITH PYTHON,AWS is MUST.
The Managed Services Infrastructure team is building a next-gen Infrastructure as
a Service so that we can provide faster, more reliable solutions at greater scale. In our
journey we are looking for a talented and passionate Infrastructure Engineer with a
strong background in AWS operations & Linux system administration. This individual
will have a good understanding of python. A basic knowledge of Networking & Online
video will help them hit the ground running.
The Managed Services Infrastructure team is developing a next-gen Infrastructure
as Service (IaaS) which will leverage different Platform solutions. Through rigor and
automation we strive for better engineering allowing us to build a robust, high-quality
service that can cater to any of our customers demands at scale.
What You’ll Do
- Engineer and administer Linux systems in both hardware and cloud
- Work with both internal and external customers on related projects.
- Provide support relating to customer incidents, and security issues.
- Diagnose performance issues by analyzing data with commercial and in-house
- Write, review and maintain related code and documentation
- Be part of the on-call rotation.
- Work as part of the team to solve unique customer business integrations.
- Play a key role in the QA and deployment effort of new applications or streaming
- Expert level experience in Linux system engineering and administration
- Expert level knowledge of AWS Operations (EC2, Lambda, S3, CloudWatch,
Security Groups etc...)
- Experience with CI/CD process and tools, e.g: git, travis, salt, jenkins, AWS
CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline
- Proficiency in infrastructure as a code & automation using Python, Unix Shell
and other scripting languages.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills. Excellent reporting/presenting both
upwards and across teams.
- Excellent decision-making, team organization and administration.
Nice to Have
- Experience engineering solutions in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Openstack,
Docker & Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience with Python, GoLang and Terraform.
- Experience in configuring and managing SaltStack.
- Deep understanding in Over The Top (OTT) video encoding.
- Network engineering / administration experience
Job Type: Contract
- python,DevOps,aws, networking: 2 years (Required)
- Dulles, VA (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
For one of our ongoing Multiyear project, we are looking for a seasoned Cloud DevOps with CF/ Pivotal Cloud Foundry, vSphere infrastructure, & cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) IaaS Technical Consultant, who can initially work from our office in Chicago. After a month there may be a possibility of working remotely.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Enterprise Cloud Foundry/ Pivotal Cloud Foundryinstallation on a variety of IaaS providers, which may include AWS, Azure, GCP, vSphere, Openstack with security, backup/recovery, system resiliency
- Scales Cloud Foundry foundations. Assists with backlogs, upgrades, backup and recovery, and creating or integrating with existing CI/CD pipelines
- Assists with release engineering, deployment and lifecycle management of small and large scale cloud software through Bosh.
- Understanding of the private and public cloud platforms and providers, such as AWS, GCP, Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience managing high-performance and highly available production systems, including applications, storage and networks
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, NAT) and various virtualization, Mainly vSphere technologies
- Experience configuring and maintaining secure, large-scale, complex, distributed applications or platforms
- Experience monitoring platform and application performance and usage
- Experience with automation scripts and CI/CD pipeline tools, including Jenkins or Concourse
- Experience with servers (Tomcat, WebLogic) and databases (Oracle, Mongo, Postgres), as well as Bosh, Chef, Puppet, Ruby, Go, Nagios, Splunk and/or Siteminder
Send your resume along with your current salary or rate/hr and contact details.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Join Chain Security
Chain Security is a technology risk mitigation consulting company. We are based in the Washington, DC area, with strong ties to Silicon Valley in California. Our team has deep technical and operational experience in both government and commercial sectors. Our senior team members have worked in government agencies, telecommunication carriers and defense contracting companies.
Chain Security strive's in creating transparency within the supply chain sector of technology in order to minimize security risks against active threats. We specialize in establishing a level of required trust mandated by the United States government for technology companies that incorporate other technology companies, products, or services. We assist our clients by conducting a thorough risk assessment of their technology and efficiently developing methods and processes for mitigating any known vulnerabilities.
About this Job
Chain Security is looking for a Cloud Migration Engineer to join our team, initially as a contractor to assist in migrating premises-based applications to a Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure. As a Cloud Migration Engineer at Chain Security, you will be exposed to working with team of professional engineers from the San Francisco Bay Area who has product development and technology experience.
Location: Employee will work remotely
Hours: Negotiable hours, roughly 20 - 40 hours/week
Temporary Position: 3- 4 months
- United States Citizenship
- Active Directory Administration
- Access policy implementation through Active Directory
- Cloud Migration of business applications to Azure and/or AWS
- Good interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to elicit, communicate, present and train on technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to engage as part of a team
- Configuration and deployment experience in two or more of the following:
- Azure PaaS technologies
- Azure apps technologies such as AzureSQL, Azure Tables, Cache, SQL Server DW, Azure AD etc.
- Azure IaaS Technologies such as VMs, Virtual networks, Express Routes, Standard/Premium storage etc.
- Deployed applications with Web UI frontends
- AWS experience
- Strong security background including implementation of SIEM
- Knowledge of the any of the following NIST security related standards: 800-53 Rev4, 800-171 and 800-161
- Ability to travel to client sites within the United States
- Microsoft Office 365 US Government (GCC)
- U.S. Armed Forces veteran, other prior Federal Government service
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract
- 8+ years experience as Infrastructure Engineer
- Building robust Middleware environments
- Scripting and Process Automation experience Required
- Experience with Ansible is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Java/J2EE methodology and frameworks
- Extensive UNIX AIX or Linux and Scripting experience
- Extensive knowledge of WebSphere MQ
- Extensive knowledge of MQ Series
- Extensive SDLC experience with some development or Systems programming experience
- Ability to analyze and trouble-shoot Mid-tier/infrastructure issues.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills (Critical)
- Ability to facilitate technical requirements gathering and design sessions
- Collaborate and interpret business and technical needs
- Strong Scripting and Automation experience
- Strong Hands-on Middleware experience with WebSphere, MQSeries
- Coding language Skills in Python, YAML, Unix Shell Scripting, Java, J2EE
- Experience with DEVOPS or IAAS
- AIX or Linux
Job Type: Contract