Role: Website Designer/Developer
Rate: Negotiable depending on experience
Location: Remote and office location in Birmingham
Duration: Contract - initial 3 months (renewable)
We’re looking for an enthusiastic website designer/developer to join our charity and be responsible for designing, coding, modifying and maintaining our websites. This position is a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated and hard-working designer/developer to grow their career and make a mark. We have many exciting projects on the go that use new and traditional web technologies such as Wordpress. You would be developing and designing content that will be used on a variety of platforms, as well as online advertisements, emails, brochures, presentations and promotional displays.
- Design, develop, manage both Wordpress and non-Wordpress bespoke websites
- Edit content, photos and design graphics for the websites, e-mail newsletters, PDFs and mobile platforms
- Draw up detailed specifications and implement online solutions
- Analyse, debug code and optimise services including SEO
- Liaise with project managers, lead developers, designers and content writers to achieve goals and projects in place
- Understand requirements and identify areas of improvements.
- Keep up-to-date with all new technologies and regulations.
- Work within a team environment and also off own initiative.
- Online portfolio of work and references will be required.
- Confident using design and development tools such as Adobe Collection
- Strong fault finding (debug and diagnose) and problem solving abilities
- Able to work within an agile environment
- Microsoft Office applications
Desirable but not necessarily required:
- Ideally a relevant computer science/graphic design degree or qualification. Experience and ability to develop software/websites would override academic qualification
- Social Media API’s and authentication
- SEO monitoring and Google Analytics
- Graphic design software such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Affinity Designer and Photo.
- Ideally, possess a good command of the Arabic language or Islamic design
- Programming development tools such as Sublime Text, PostMan and Atom
- Mobile frameworks such as React Native and development using Xcode, Swift, Android Studio
- Remote tools such as TeamViewer
- Cloud storage such as Dropbox
- Knowledge of CRM services
- Experience with Payment Gateway Integrations.
- Basic training will be provided
- Agreed remote working
- Available offshore design team
- Appraisal and review meetings to hence career
Flexible hours, part time arrangement or job shares are considered.
Fresh graduates or Postgraduate students are welcome to apply if they meet the listed descriptors.
If you are interested, please send your updated CV and brief overview of the projects you have successfully delivered of the required type of work.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Contract, Volunteer
- GCSE or equivalent (Required)