Cloud Consultant - Relevant Work, Flexible Schedule, Continuing Certification
Are you a highly-skilled IT pro with proven technological and interpersonal experience? Do you feel like your skills are under appreciated and your technology career may be stalled? Most importantly, have you wanted to strike out on your own and become an independent consultant, but are hesitant about finding work and financial stability? Maybe you already are an independent consultant and are tired of sitting on the bench, clueless recrutiers, having to sell yourself, and not getting paid on time.
Stone Door Group is built for consultants by consultants. We are a gig economy company of highly skilled independent IT professionals who want challenging projects, no politics, and the freedom to choose our work. We are a culture of peers who are dedicated to constant learning, mentoring, and certification on the latest cloud technologies. Stone Door Group has built a broad and diverse pipeline of 1099/C2C consulting and instruction work for cloud platforms such as Docker, Red Hat, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform. Our company offers independent consultants a consistent and reliable pipeline of work to choose from. This flexibility enables our consultants to craft a true gig economy independent consulting career path that aligns with professional and life goals, while delivering exceptional value to our customers.
- Create your work schedule
- Certify on new technology
- Build financial stability
We are looking for senior experienced Linux systems engineers who are interested in becoming OpenShift and Ansible cloud consultants for us on a 1099/C2C basis. We perform anywhere from 3 week to 6 month engagements for our customers implementing Red Hat cloud and automation products including OpenShift, OpenStack, and Ansible. We offer training and certification on these technologies for those with a strong base set of Linux skills.
- US Citizen - we currently do not support H1-B, OPT, EAD visas
- 10 years of experience in either enterprise Linux systems administration
- 7 years in customer facing consulting or training role
- Industry certifications in one or many technologies
- 5 years of automation experience with either Bash, Python, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of quick learning
The Nice to Haves
- Cloud technology implementation experience in OpenShift, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack
- CI/CD DevOps implementation experience with Jenkins, Git or similar
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Active Clearance
Our consultants all work from their home offices. Some prefer only remote work while others prefer to travel. The closer our consultants are to major metropolitan areas, the broader the pipeline of opportunities for them.
Why Should You Apply
- Competitive rates
- Pick and choose your projects
- Bi-weekly payroll
- Profit sharing for referrals and new business
- Access to training for emerging technologies
- Financial assistance for obtaining new technology certifications
- Expense paid access to major technology conferences
If you are looking for both the freedom and meaningful work, then get in touch with us and lets do this - www.stonedoorgroup.com.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $75.00 to $85.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 5 years (Required)
- Docker: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kubernetes: 1 year (Preferred)
- Linux: 10 years (Required)
- shell programming: 7 years (Required)
- Atlanta, GA (Required)
- Are you available for consulting projects for a full 40 hour week 8 AM - 5 PM M - F?
- On the road
- Multiple locations
- Professional development assistance