MUST BE US CITIZEN. SELECTED CANDIDATES WITHOUT REQUIRED CLEARANCE WILL BE SUBJECT TO A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BACKGOUND INVESTIGATION.]Responsibilities:
The candidate shall be part of a team responsible for the technical support and administration of an accounting and reporting system which will interface with several client enterprise resource planning systems. The developer will be involved in system development and maintenance, which includes: requirements gathering, system analysis and design, documentation, coding, testing, implementation, monitoring production performance and production jobs, researching and resolving production problems, dealing with end users to resolve issues, acting as a point-of-contact (POC) for customers and the Project Management Office (PMO) and providing training and technical support to end users and other developers. The developers will be tasked with creating and maintaining PL/SQL and/or Java components that utilize advanced techniques as well as designing database objects.
They will participate in system requirements reviews, critical design reviews, test readiness reviews and pre/post implementation reviews as part of the defined system development life cycle.Qualifications:
- Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software.
- May work in one or several areas, such as equipment or software design, engineering evaluation or test, configuration management procedures, statistical analysis and modeling.
- Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
- Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases.
- Plans and schedules new applications systems projects with user, systems software, and computer center operations personnel, including the identification of objectives, time frames, costs, and manpower requirements.
- Performs tasks necessary to ensure the identification and documentation of hazards within software systems using various analysis tools and techniques.
- Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety.
- Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation.
- May perform as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned systems developers / analyst working on a specific project.
- Basic design, build or maintenance of software, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems.
- Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices or operation systems.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, such as Adobe, Java, SQL, etc.
Relevant Technical skillset:
- Oracle 11g or higher
- Unix (any platform)