Azuga is looking for an experienced technology minded individual that can assist in technology development, architecture and various other technical needs in the fast moving and expanding connected car industry. This individual/position is dedicated to the road usage charging business unit. This is a startup and this role will get to shape the technology that is used for the products that get developed. This role will work very close to the operations director, the business unit leader and the engineering team.
What we are doing?
- Startup within a startup. Fleet management is the main product that Azuga makes, but that’s not what this team does. We do RUC.
- What is RUC? RUC=Road Usage Charging, and it is the following
· Taxes for roads come from fuel taxes.
· Fuel taxes are going down due to EV’s and high efficiency vehicles.
· States need to find an alternative to the fuel tax. Thus – road usage charging
- The RUC team has built a system to provide RUC services to states. We have been doing this since 2014. First production launch of product was July 2015 in Oregon. We are on our 11th project. We have done projects in CA, CO, WA, HI.
- Oregon is going mandate next year - we do all of our engineering in India, but we are expanding and we need a US based engineer here in Colorado
What is the role?
If you like to get involved in the full stack of a technology product. If you get bored doing the same thing day in and day out. If you like to work directly with the business to solve real world problems with creative and innovative technology solutions.. then this is the job for you.-
We need an engineer here in the US to handle US based engineering/technology/development/reporting/technology… needs. The first major need that requires filling is to gain the full understanding of the OBDII device that is used as our primary means of obtaining mileage data from a vehicle. This role will become the resident expert in all things "OBDII device" - firmware, configuration, gateway, data gathering, data security, encryption.
- Role could very well grow into a senior level role in this business unit.
- Role will very likely start out as a technology jack of all trades. We need someone on the team that can handle the technology aspects of what we are working on that need to be done in US time. Things like
· Partner integration
· Database architecture
· Reporting/business intelligence
· Code review / a little coding if necessary
· Mentoring junior engineers (if needed)
· What this role is not -heads down coding or a single purpose discipline
- Will start out as a contract for hire – if everything goes well (you like the job). Role will turn into a permanent team position.
- Role is work from home based – we do not have an office in CO anymore. Might in the future, but not right now. Need to be a self starter and can work on your own at your home easily. Must have a place you can work from in your house. – ie can close the door and keep the dogs and kids out when on conference calls. And there will be daily conference calls.
· Initially - Be the OBDII device expert for the RUC team
- After becoming the OBDII expert, additional responsibilities will possibly include:
- Monitoring the works of software engineers
· Review/provide advice to engineers who encounter problems
· Ensure that developers are adhering to standard practices
· Coach and mentor engineers on the importance of good software design and development
· Act as an example to all developers by being the person who most closely follows principles and practices that the team is committed to
· Understand/become resident expert on the products technology and architecture
· Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
· Provide third level support to business users
· Research and evaluate a variety of software products
· Support deployment of releases
· Work with teammates in the mitigation of risks and issues
· Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
Years of Experience
· 5+ years of experience in relevant field
· Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, automotive technology or related field or equivalent
· Master's degree in engineering, business, automotive technology
· Your actual skills are not as important as your ability to learn
· Analytical thinking, interpersonal skills, presentation and written skills
· Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
· Computer savvy – skilled in the use of windows related software
· Integration – joining people, processes or systems
· Problem solving
· Knowledge of connected car systems
· Business Intelligence and reporting knowledge and experience
· Java, Jira, Stories on Board, MySQL, Google docs
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $45.00 to $50.00 /hour
Full Time Opportunity:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Job Is: