Your new company
Python Data Engineer - London
4-6 month contract initially
We are looking for two Data Engineers / Python Developers to join a Central Government department in London,
This is an urgent contract post for 4-6 months initially, and will be remote working.
Developers will follow the Department’s software development standards, including 48h to delivery principles. They will proactively seek to address roadblocks affecting assignments. They will demonstrate collaboration within and between product delivery teams; reusing and sharing components, contributing to standards development, and sharing knowledge. They will ensure that delivered products are resilient, scalable and report errors only when human intervention is needed.
We are looking for talented Python Data Engineers to join the team building systems that deliver the UK customs tariff. The candidate will: synthesise and design new data models to extend the expressivity of the UK tariff, act as a subject matter expert on the UK tariff data model in conversations with policy teams, write and maintain new queries for extracting tariff information, and help operational teams make complex data changes to the tariff.
Required skills and experience
Demonstrable extensive experience and expertise in Python
Demonstrable extensive experience and expertise in Postgresql or a similar database
Demonstrable experience in working with complex data models
Demonstrable experience of building and operating ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) pipelines
Demonstrable experience of conceptual, logical and physical data modelling, data cleansing and standardisation
Demonstrable experience of appropriate approaches for verifying and validating data and analysis
Demonstrable experience in data architecture and designing new data to meet the needs of an organisation
Demonstrable experience of using software source control, such as Git
Ways of working
Work as a team with our organisation and other government departments and suppliers
Take responsibility for own work
Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
Share knowledge and experience with other team members
Work with Agile methodologies
Desirable skills and experience
Demonstrable experience in unit and integration testing, including testing integrations with remote systems in other organisations
Experience in designing and building public-facing APIs
Experience in delivering open data
Experience in government digital services
Experience and expertise in Django web framework
Demonstrable capability of using ticket management systems (like JIRA and Confluence)
If this role is of interest, please apply for immediate consideration.
You can also email me via firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0207 399 3999.
Remote SQL Developer
Are you an experienced SQL Developer looking for a new high responsibility role? If so, we have the one for you! Keep reading for details of this opportunity...
As an SQL Developer at this highly respected organisation, you will be working on a fully remote twelve-month fixed-term contract as you support project delivery within an agile delivery team. You will take on a lot of responsibility within this autonomous role as you look after data pipelines, modelling data structures, developing data integrations, and more.
SQL Developer responsibilities:
Key requirements for this remote role:
Do you like the sound of this role and think you could be a good fit? We’d love to hear from you! Contact Mark on email@example.com or apply online by submitting your CV in the form below.
Please be aware that while we would love to respond to every application we receive, due to high numbers we cannot guarantee this. We do however appreciate any time you invest into the application and will make sure to get in touch should anything in future more closely fit your skillset.
Tags: SQL Developer, Data Engineering, Data Modelling, Data Developer, QA, Quality Assurance, Coding, Testing, SQL Models, Fixed-Term Contract, FTC, Remote Jobs
Years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will only consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for the role.
Whilst we would love to respond to every application due to the high numbers we receive we cannot guarantee this.
TDA Creative are looking for MULTIPLE experienced Mid Level DevOps Engineers with a Data Modelling/Engineering background to work for one of our Top Tier one banks.
As a Mid Level DevOps software engineer, you will be a key contributor in solving and increasing the efficiency of managing multiple BI vendor tools and automation techniques.
The successful candidate will work with a global diverse team of engineers gaining deep knowledge and experience of many disciplines.
Location: Fully remote - Offices based in USA, London, Europe.
Duration of Contract: 6 months Rolling Contract
Contract Day Rate: Open for discussion
Visa Status Accepted are the following.... British Citizenship, European Citizen OR USA Citizenship OR Green Card ONLY
Key skills and qualifications
• 2+ years experience in software engineering
• Knowledge of one or more of Python, PowerShell, VB, Shell Script
• Knowledge of one of more of Terraform, Ansible, Packer o Experience managing deployments in AWS, Kubernetes
• Proven record of producing robust and well-tested solutions
• Knowledge of robust infrastructure architectures
• Identifying and pursuing efficiencies through automation
• Familiarity with administration of Business Intelligence domain (Tableau, Qlik Sense, Tableau) o • Experience in data architectures and data modelling
If you are an experienced Mid Level DevOps Engineer with a Data Modelling/Engineering Background and see this a perfect fit tailored to your skills looking to work on a cutting edge high profile project, please apply now for IMMEDIATE REVIEW! or alternatively send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Application Development - Data Analyst (SAS &
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 3 Months Contract Role
Job Description: 100% remote; Local candidates only; resource will pick up equipment onsite
Shift Start/End: 9am - 5pm ET
US Bank is looking for a successful Data Quality & Testing Analyst to support our Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) initiatives focused on our team's capabilities around data quality, data analytics and end-to-end and user acceptance testing. This role will collaborate with the business line and technology groups.
Primary responsibilities include
:• Effectively work in matrixed team of Data Quality Analysts/Data Scientists in support of the development, end to end testing and delivery of the EDG's capabilities to address a specific business and/or regulatory need.
• Research and build a detailed understanding of the problem and related data assets in order to code the data processing and analysis.
• Light development coding
• Ensure that the data used follows the compliance, access management and control policies of the company while meeting the data governance requirements of the business.
• Work with technical groups to support the collection, integration and retention of the data sources.
• Apply data visualization and summarization techniques to the analytical results.
• Interpret and communicate the results in a manner that is understood by the business.
:• Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years related technical experience and 3+ years analytical experience in the Banking/Financial industry or similar highly regulated industry.
• SQL, end to end Testing and Python experience
• Proficiency with SQL, SAS and Python with focus on data analysis packages like pandas
• Experience participating in end-to-end and User acceptance testing and/ or Post Production validation of the data
• Knowledge of Spark and relational databases
• Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
• Knowledge of public cloud platforms.
• Intermediate knowledge of application coding and development lifecycle.
• Analytical: (e.g. comfortable with data) and can combine an understanding of business objectives, customer needs, and data required to deliver customer experience and business results.
• Intermediate knowledge of data governance, data management, data architecture, data modelling concepts and data governance tooling and the complexities of data in a large financial and/or highly regulated institution.
• Willingness to continuously develop and acquire new technical skills, learn new tools & programming languages and Big Data techniques.
• Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
• Effective oral and written communication with the ability for analyzing, slicing and dicing data while deriving significant insights.
• Natural curiosity and self-directed ability to seek out information and meet goals/deadlines.
• Agile experience: Very comfortable following Agile Scrum methodology.
Analysis, and on-going support of internally developed processes to support business initiatives. Automation of processes using existing tool set, including Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Excel Services, Performance Point, and PowerPivot). Analysis and query writing to assist in supporting key business initiatives.
: This position requires good oral and written communication skills to interface with internal business clients - many having minimal technical knowledge. Ability to translate business requests into technical requirements.
: Ability to write transact-sql code to extract correct data to answer business questions. SQL Development experience. Extensive experience with creating reports using Microsoft Sql Server Reporting Services.
ADDITIONAL BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCE
: use and construction of Microsoft Sql Server Analysis Services; Sharepoint (using the BI Stack). Strong attention to detail for validation of all queries constructed. Ability to visualize data into a form that effectively answers the business question.
Preference for candidates with SQL, Python & testing experience located in Charlotte, NC. Resource will pick up equipment onsite.