Improving is a custom software consulting company located in the Plano/Frisco TX area ranked #1 on Best Places to Work for many consecutive years. As a Conscious Capitalism company, our culture provides the inspiration, training and motivation to achieve amazing things. Come work with a company that believes that teamwork is the greatest competitive advantage and holds respect for people, providing a great place to work, and delivering quality results as core values.
Role: Senior C++/Qt Consultant
Job Type: Contract - 6 months to start
Location: Can be remote
The ideal candidate is a professional, self-motivated, proven technologist. You will be a lead developer responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Write clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Work closely with firmware engineers to design, develop, maintain and build new features and functionality for existing custom, in house application.
- Plan, communicate, and coordinate solution and project execution with business users and other stakeholders
- Create documentation for existing application and help define and develop processes
- Automate current build processes
- Self-driven team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Possesses a positive service-oriented attitude and approach to work
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in architecting & developing large-scale software applications in C++
- Deep knowledge of software architecture styles and design principles
- Deep knowledge of OOA/OOD, UML
- Hands on experience with cross platform development for Windows/Linux
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A strong ability to build relations and work independently
- Experience with Scrum in an Agile Development environment and familiarity with relevant tools
- Master or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Hands on experience with Qt framework or strong Windows GUI experience
- Previous consulting experience
- Working knowledge of the oil and gas industry