We have a 4 to 6 months contract for a Contract Remote Embedded Software Engineer.
This position will assist in building a medical device platform.
- Contribute to all phases of the software life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test coordination, release, support, and documentation
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional engineering teams to add input regarding the software requirements and produce designs that fulfill project vision
- Design and implement reusable high-quality software that meets the business and project requirements
- Ensure regulatory compliance during development of software for standards such as IEC 62304, IEC 60601-1, and other applicable FDA guidance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with 3+ years developing C/C++ in an embedded environment on microprocessors or microcontrollers
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Knowledge and exposure to basic hardware design and ability to read schematics
- Capability to use hardware tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers
- Competency with software development tools (IDEs, compilers, linkers, debuggers)
- Ability to effectively use source control (git). Use in conjunction with code review is a plus
- Experience with peripherals such as Flash memory, Analog to Digital converters (ADC), Digital to Analog Converters (DAC), Real Time clocks (RTC), watchdog timers (WDT), and sensors
- Experience with embedded busses such as UART, I2C, I2S, SPI, CAN, USB, and Ethernet
- Experience developing embedded systems (i.e. microcontroller-based custom products and custom electronics)
- Familiarity with embedded wireless systems
- Experience in a regulated environment such as Medical Device or Aerospace is a plus
- Embedded GUI development (knowledge of Qt for Embedded Linux is a plus)
- RTOS embedded software development knowledge and experience
Must be authorized to work in the US now and in the future, no sponsorships available at this time.