Akraya is looking for a Senior Network Engineer. To be considered, please apply or call Tarushi @
408-907-6403. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: 5-7+ years of network engineer experience, Networking experience with protocols, design, configuration, routing, and switching
Duration: 12+ Months, Possible Extension
Contract Type: W2
- Work independently with cross-functional team to understand network designs, gather test requirements to develop comprehensive test plans.
- Build network topologies in both Physical lab and Virtual Network Environments.
- Conduct integration testing of new network hardware, network design and software to support network infrastructure evolution.
- Publish test results and present findings to cross-functional teams.
- Leverage the findings from testing to develop methods and procedures to support successful deployment of new technologies in the production network.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Engineering, Operations and System teams through the lifecycle of network and platform evolution.
- Support backend systems integration testing for provisioning, alarms and surveillance.
- Collaborate with security team to ensure new software, platform and design meets Visa' s security compliance requirements.
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams to support network deployment and address network support issues.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software in the Global Engineering Test and Certification lab and proof-of-concept environments.
- Follow all documented Change Control process requirements to implement changes in the test environment.
- A minimum of 5+ years of industry experience.
- Hands on experience with routers, Ethernet switching platforms.
- Hands-on experience in designing and deploying large scale-out network technologies including Cisco, Arista, Cumulus network technologies.
- Hands on experience with Emulated Virtual Environment, Next Generation (EVE-NG) and Cisco Modeling Tool (CML).
- Understanding of Routing and switching design concepts for Data Centers.
- Understanding of the routing protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, BGP4, OSPF and RIP.
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience rationalizing large, disparate datasets into concrete observations/recommendations, and formalizing into new network solutions.
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent industry certification.
- Bachelor' s degree required in Computer Sciences or Electrical Engineering.
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.
Last 90 Days
Face to Face Interview required
- Candidate having 9-11 yrs experience in administration and troubleshooting of NetApp C Mode.
- Excellent knowledge on handling both NAS and SAN Technology.
- Excellent knowledge on FAS 8000, FAS 9000, FAS 6000 and AFF 700 storage controllers.
- Strong knowledge on Ontap Version 9 and above.
- Candidate should have excellent knowledge on handling DR test activation and DR resync activation.
- Understanding and strong troubleshooting experience with Snapmirror technology like XDP, DP and LS Snapmirror.
- Understanding and strong troubleshooting experience with File sharing protocols and application: - CIFS, NFSv3, NFSv4, Citrix, Hyper- V and VMware.
- Excellent knowledge on space saving mechanism: Deduplication, flexlcones and snapshots.
- Candidate having knowledge in data protections mechanism like Snapmirror / snapshot restoration.
- Understanding and strong troubleshooting experience on WFA and OCUM.
- Knowledge on tools like Grafana, Perfstat, wireshark, ASUP logs is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge on cluster setup, adding Nodes to existing cluster and VServer creation.
- Candidate having experience on hardware replacements like Motherboard replacement, Head swap, disk failures and other hardware.
- Experience on Decommissioning old Nodes/Cluster.
- Experience on handling Disk firmware, Disk shelf firmware and SP/RLM upgrades.
- Excellent knowledge on storage Migrations.
- Excellent knowledge on NDO like, vol move, vol rehost, Major and minor Upgrades.
- Candidate having depth knowledge and troubleshooting on backend cluster switches like CN1610 and Cisco switches.
- Experience on backend cluster switch Non-disruptive upgrades.
- Understanding and strong troubleshooting experience on snapdrive tool.
- Understanding and strong troubleshooting experience with performance issue.
- Candidate having knowledge on Monitoring tools (EM7) and ticketing tool (Service Now) is a plus.
- Understanding and strong knowledge on networking components like LIFs, VLAN, ifgrp, routers and brocade switches.
- Candidate having ability to diagnose Network problems and deliver analyses on root cause.
- Understanding and strong troubleshooting experience with scripting knowledge like python, shell, and ruby.·
- Excellent knowledge of Operating Systems including (Windows servers 2008, 2012, 2016, UNIX, Linux, RHEL)
- Strong troubleshooting experience with Ethernet, TCP/ IP networking protocol.
- Strong troubleshooting knowledge on DNS, LDAP, NIS, DC, AD and Kerberos.
- Should be able to identify and troubleshoot SMB and NFS authentication and authorization issues.
- Strong knowledge and experience in troubleshooting issues on either NFS or CIFS or TCP/ IP is mandatory.
Minimum Experience: 10 Yrs
Maximum Experience: 14 Yrs
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Candidate having ability to handle storage space management.
- Candidate having ability to provide technical support for the customer’s large environment across world
- Candidate must be willing to travel between Datacenters in different locations within US
- Candidate should be prepared to travel to India for Knowledge Transfer and Trainings as the situation may demand
- Candidate should be ready for call of duty beyond the standard 9x5 working hours based on operational demands
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $45.00 to $50.00 /year
- Scripting: 3 years (Required)
- Windows: 4 years (Required)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 5 years (Required)
- Network: 5 years (Required)
- Switches: 4 years (Required)
- Reston, VA (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 1 year