Our customer is looking for a contract with right to hire ASAP - no third parties please
Title: Network Security Engineer III
Onsite Location: Chantilly VA
Contract: 6 Month Contract with Right to Hire
Our Customer is hiring a Network Security Engineer III in Chantilly, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to lead engineering specific activities on enterprise infrastructure systems, services and applications. This role will be responsible for system design; standards-based implementation, capacity planning, systems integration, process / procedure development and refinement, and technical support.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement systems in a phased approach of requirements analysis, system design review, installation, integration, and testing.
- Lead the development of product/project requirements and success criteria through collaboration with internal and external customers. Leverage these criteria and integrate business and technical knowledge when designing and developing solutions to deliver optimal, elegant solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements while delivering the best value and user experience.
- Responsible for leading the infrastructure engineering initiatives.
- Responsible for stability, integrity and efficiency of the infrastructure and information systems that support core functions of the business.
- Accountable for providing escalation support to troubleshoot and maintain production infrastructure and to resolve production issues and outages.
- Recommend new and emerging technologies to solve business problems.
- Maintain proper documentation including configuration specifics and procedures, for implementation and ongoing operation/maintenance of infrastructure solutions.
- Provide technical support for enterprise systems. Troubleshoot, repair and recover from hardware or software failures in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Install, configure, test and maintain systems, application software and infrastructure tools.
- Serve as a key team member using existing technical knowledge and have the skills to perform specific projects independently.
- Maintain the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Interact with other engineers and management to identify areas of improvement for operational efficiency.
- Work closely with technical and non-technical personnel within and across Customer departments and vendors.
- Accountable for managing all assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Comply with Incident Management and Change Management procedures and reporting practices.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT industry as it relates to the technologies identified as primary responsibilities including awareness of new or revised solutions and improved processes.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place systems.
- Assist junior and subordinate staff in researching technical problems and complex designs in order to develop staff capabilities.
- Participate in on-call 24x7 support as needed in the event of system outage or failure.
- Architect, design, support, and maintain firewall infrastructure for a highly available and disaster recovery configurations in an enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding of how firewalls work within a routing, switching environment.
- Strong understanding of application network and firewall provisioning.
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting site-to-site VPN tunnels on firewalls.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Management platforms such as Cisco works, Cisco Prime, and Cisco Security Manager.
- Strong understanding of Cisco AnyConnect components.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting TACACS in a multivendor environment.
- Strong understanding of F5 load balancers.
- Strong understanding of VMware NSX for micro segmentation
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting McAfee IPS.
- Strong network security troubleshooting skills, this should include: load balancers, proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN client communications, and vendor VPN communications.
- Strong understanding of Mainframe networking a plus.
- Assist project teams with their project architectures and engineer security by design.
- Experience using Scrutinizer to manage network devices and troubleshoot.
- Experience using log analysis tools to troubleshoot issues and to plan for future requirements.
- Experience installing and configuring Atalla a plus.
- Understanding of wireless security in an enterprise environment.
- Experience troubleshooting DDoS vendor communications issues.
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Solve complex Integration challenges and debug complex configuration issues
- Mentor users and other groups on their use of network security solutions
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required.
- In lieu of a degree, combination of education and a minimum of ten (10) years of related work experience is required that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to perform all the essential job functions.
- Strong understanding of Network, Compute, Storage, Cloud and End-User technologies
- Strong understanding of System design and integration with a thorough familiarity with multi-tiered application architecture and public, private, and hybrid cloud technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and multi-tasking skills desired.
- Must be able to present system designs for user approval at formal reviews.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Strong communication, documentation, and time management skills.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $125,000.00 to $145,000.00 /year
- Network Security: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
REED Technology are delighted to working alongside a renowned organisation assisting in their search for a Network Engineer to based in Edinburgh on a 12 months contract.
- Networking, LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless and security technologies.
- TCP/IP protocol
- Cisco qualifications desirable: CCIE, CCNP or CCNA
The successful candidiate will be expected to work a 9-5 on site in Edinburgh initially then remote working will be offered once established in the role. If interested in the above, send your most up to date CV for immediate consideration.
The Network Security Engineer with Zscaler Exp (Level 3) is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, supporting of network and network security infrastructure and application components.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking and WAN.
* Designing, deploying and supporting Zscaler Cloud based Infrastructure across various Data Centers and Disaster Recovery environments
* Manage and configure Bluecoat, ZScalar proxy devices
* Migrating the policies from on premise Bluecoat to Cloud Based Zscaler Proxy service in tandem with various application owners.
* Understand the Traffic Flows for both Https (web Traffic) standard and custom application-based traffic and accordingly design solution around it for Firewalling and Proxy services.
* Whitelisting IP space for various Project team to access external vendors access to ensure safe and secure connectivity.
* Work on Palo Alto Zone based Firewalls to create Zones and Policies for various segment of the network and accordingly troubleshoot any connectivity issues thereof across various Security Zones viz – DMZ, DAZ, BEZ, userDMZ, User Zone etc.
* Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
* Provides network systems Engineering support to users for
- Cisco ASA, Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewalls
- F5 Big IP load Balancers
- Blue Coat Proxy
- Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Wireless Devices
- InfoBlox IPAM
- AWS Infrastructure Exp. is good to have
* Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
* Work with internal applications teams and design and implement appropriate network solutions
* Provide Technical Support for issues escalated by Level 2 Operations
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
* Coordinates activities with other system areas and vendors, and deals with network security systems planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $100,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Network Security Engineer with Zscaler: 5 years (Required)
- More than 1 year
Full Time Opportunity:
Last 90 Days
Fyte are excited to announce that we are working closely with one of our esteemed clients within the Financial sector. Due to a birth of new projects, they are currently looking to bring in an experienced Network Engineer on a 12 month contract, with the likelihood of being extended further.
The main responsibility of this role will be providing input into the design, architecture, implementation, security of multi-vendor MPLS network communication environments.
The ideal network engineer will have over 4 years experience in (but not limited to):
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco product portfolio
- Networking, including LAN/WAN, Firewalls, wireless and Security technologies
- Cisco technology, Firewalls, Data Center Operations, and Vendor Maintenance
- Either have obtained or working towards a CCIE certification
There is lots more to tell you about the responsibilities, type of work, culture and environment within. If you would like to find out more about this fantastic opportunity then please apply below or give myself a phone on 01315559837.
**This is not a fully remote working opportunity**
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is part of Morgan Philips Group and is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
+44 131 555 9837
1 Lochrin Square 92 Fountainbridge
EH3 9QA Edinburgh
Need to hire an Engineer with absolute Expert level Palo Alto knowledge for a project. This Engineer should also have CCNP level networking knowledge. Knowledge of Cisco Wireless and other technologies will be a big plus.
Our preference is that you come into our Office in Somerset, but some remote work will be fine.
Project is for 6-12 weeks.
A Palo Alto certification is required.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50.00 to $75.00 /hour
- Palo Alto: 5 years (Preferred)
- CCNP (Preferred)
- One location
- Remote/Work from home
What You'll Do:
Under minimal direction, design and implement a mixture of real-time embedded and application software for both classified and unclassified programs. Assure security of embedded and application software by performing innovative security analyses to identify security risks and engineering security hardening solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership, design, develop, test and maintain real-time embedded and application software on network systems
- Provide technical leadership in developing innovative security analysis tools and software hardening techniques
- Interact with customer to understand requirements, identify risks, and implement solutions to deliver needed functionality with high quality and attention to detail
- Optimize software to meet real-time requirements
- Perform unit, subsystem, and regression testing on software/system components
- Support system and field testing as required
- Document design, interfaces, and user interfaces
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined team on existing and new software solutions
- Ability to obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level necessary to perform the duties of the position
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience developing software for real-time environments
- Experience with multiple programming methods and languages, including C, C++, C#
- Experience with multiple scripting languages, including Perl, Python, BASH
- Experience developing APIs for command and control over unreliable communications links
- Experience developing in the Linux environment and implementing Linux applications
- Familiarity with Object Oriented design, architecture and programming methods
- Familiarity with layer 1-4 networking protocols and wired/wireless/optical networking concepts
- Familiarity with embedded software that controls hardware (e.g. device drivers, microcontrollers)
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required, including Microsoft SharePoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline and 5-8 years related experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience.
LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
6 Month Contract – £50-£55 per hour
IC Resources currently has an initial 6 month contract available based in Cambridge that can also offer remote working if needed.
- Experience in software and firmware test development
- Experience in a wireless embedded software development environment
- Strong C
- In depth knowledge of Python
- Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
Key skills: Test, Software, Firmware, Wireless, Embedded, Python, WiFi, Bluetooth, Automation, Development, Interoperability, Integration, Testing, Debugging, Contract, Cambridge
The post Embedded Software Engineer Contract appeared first on IC Resources .
TekSynap, a “Fast 50” technology company in the Washington DC area that offers technology solutions to federal, state and local government agencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com.
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
TekSynap is seeking a Core Engineer to join our team, supporting the Wireless contract.
Core Network Engineer will work within a collaborative team to provide core engineering support for both wireless and wired network networks to clients. This will include upgrading, configuration and management of enterprise management systems such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure as well as WLAN infrastructure including Wireless LAN Controllers, Mobility Service Engines, Unified Access Points and switches. The Core Network Engineer will also remotely support onsite teams with the life cycle replacement of WLAN infrastructure at customer sites. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Must be able to pass a full background check and/or obtain a Government clearance.
Configuration of Cisco WLAN infrastructure including Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC), Mobility Services Engines (MSE) and Access Points (AP’s).
Experience with the configuration troubleshooting of WLC, and MSE in a High Availability (HA) configuration.
Configuration as well as O&M of Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
Perform network related tasks including the configuration of Cisco routers, Cisco switches and security platforms such as ASA, ISE (AAA) and RADIUS.
Provide detailed documentation related to tasks performed.
Ability to work both within a team and individually with minimal supervision.
Familiarity with WLAN implementations for hospital, office, factory, warehouse, outdoor, and mesh environments.
3-5 years of experience in enterprise network implementation or support
3-5 years of experience in wireless infrastructure support in a large environment
3-5 years of experience in LAN infrastructure support in a large environment
Experience with Cisco wireless solutions including, 5508, 5520, 8500 WLCs
Experience with Cisco MSE, Cisco Prime, and Cisco ISE
Minimum Cisco CCNA required
Cisco CCNP preferred
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
VA BI (Required)
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: 100% onsite work throughout the US at various Veteran Administration Medical Centers
Type of environment: Setting Changes
Noise level: Medium-Loud
Work schedule: Day shift Monday – Friday. (May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.)
Amount of Travel: 100% - candidate must be within commuting distance to a regional or international airport
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be a U.S Citizen
Must successfully pass a drug screening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.