We're looking for a passionate Senior UI Designer to own UI definition for NBA Top Shot’s responsive web experience. The primary focus of this contract is to define/establish UI style guide and library for Top Shot’s e-commerce website.
The ideal candidate is passionate about UI and is constantly testing and trying new products, deconstructing them to understand areas of opportunity (online, e-comm, apps, and games). They are progressive in their design sensibilities, pulling ideas cross-industry in an effort to shape outstanding user experiences. They have a strong understanding of visual design & UX and are able to unify them to create beautiful and cohesive design systems.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Define style/tone for the NBA Top Shot UI
- Create a modern and versatile UI Library
- Define consistent and user-friendly style guides
A little about you:
- Comfortable owning UI definition for new products
- Curious and passionate UI explorer absorbing new trends and employing tried and true best practices.
- Experience collaborating with UX to convert abstract concepts into effective UI.
- Utilize user-centred design practices, to ensure information is displayed in a relevant and understandable way for our users.
- Create production-ready UI, with keen attention to development constraints (react) and best practices.
- Work with engineers to prototype, implement, and review UI elements.
- Communicate ideas & concepts with a diverse group of coworkers including international team members.
More about Dapper Labs:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Because we care about our team, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit (for our co-ops & interns, vacation is instead paid out on each pay)
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development
- On-site gym and fitness reimbursements
- Dog friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!