This job has expired.
The NBA is one of the world's most iconic brands, with over a billion fans and a special place in global culture, and with our help, they're coming to a blockchain near you. We're looking for a Product Designer specializing in Design Systems to own the creation of a robust product design architecture that can scale across a variety of applications. This Design System will be a pillar to ensure we build a consistent, branded and scalable interface for our NBA fans.
We need somebody who can capture the passion of fans on six continents, obsessed with the gauntlet of 30 teams playing over 80 games a season, each in pursuit of greatness. We need to take that magic and fuse it into a design system that honours the legacy of the NBA and brings it into a decentralized blockchain-powered world.
The primary focus of this contract is to drive cohesive design for the NBA Top Shot’s responsive web experience, collector experience & game. You’ll translate UI benchmarks into design patterns, UI components and produce a robust well-documented Design System.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
About the role
The System Designer will work alongside our Design team, taking the lead to define, and document our Design System. The role will require effective partnership with product designers, developers and NBA Top Shots lead Art Director.
- Define and document patterns for our design system
- Maintain design systems tools like Sketch Libraries
- Create an easily accessible system documented in Abstract
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Deliver a scalable Design System that will help us building interfaces using UI best practices
- Build and document patterns and visual layouts
- Create a modern and versatile UI Library
- Maintain a fully-functional UI kit; from high-level concepts to detailed UI components
- Define consistent and user-friendly style guides
A little about you:
- Prior experience owning a design system
- Well-versed in emerging patterns and best practices
- Command of color, typography, and visual hierarchy
- Strong visual design sense with an eye for the details
- Clear concise documentation that’s easy to read and apply
- Knowledgeable about accessibility best practices
- Sketch Mastery (Libraries, symbols, naming conventions)
- Great communicator, analytical thinker, comfortable with technical subject matter
- 6+ years in UX or Product Design
- Digital portfolio with case study examples of Design System creation for review
More about Dapper Labs:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Because we care about our team, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit (for our co-ops & interns, vacation is instead paid out on each pay)
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development
- On-site gym and fitness reimbursements
- Dog friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!