Wonderbly is a unique, award winning startup that designs, sells, prints and ships super high quality personalised books for children. Our books are designed to instil a sense of boundless self-belief in the children that read them. In the past five years we’ve sold over six million books and we want to sell hundreds of millions more so we can influence the lives of the next generation to be more curious, kind and courageous than any that has come before.
We’re looking for an experienced, senior developer to join our engineering team for 3 months with possibility to extend. You’ll be working with our in-house team to build interfaces enabling new ways to personalise our unique range of books - think photo upload, in-page editing, with a focus on delighting our customers and persuading them to purchase.
While we need you to deliver your briefs with minimal support, you will be working alongside a small, diverse team who take pride in our craft and problem solving abilities as well as our inclusive culture.
A bit about you
- You emphasise well modularised, maintainable and easy to review code
- Appreciation of nicely designed, high-quality, well tested codebases - and ability to communicate why they’re important
- Think deeply about the right user experience, capturing just the right amount of information at the right time
- Build for scale - both in terms of performance and time
- Deep empathy with colleagues around the whole business
First and foremost you should join Wonderbly because of the work. We’re on a mission to inspire boundless self–belief in every child, everywhere through our beautiful personalised books.
- A day rate of £5-600
- The chance to work on something your friends and family will fall in love with
- We have a flexible, hybrid working model that you can tailor to suit what works best for you. Depending on Covid restrictions, we're asking our staff to come into our lovely light filled Central London studio at least two days a week and then to choose what works best for them for the rest of the time
- We love having dogs in the office (well behaved ones anyway)
Equal opportunities employer
Our team are committed to providing equal opportunities for employment regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, disability, family structure, socio-economic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis (it's the law, but it's also just the right thing to do).