We are seeking an Intermediate Digital Designer, a hybrid talent possessing skills in print design, digital design and coding, to join our highly creative and hardworking Marketing Communications team at Follett School Solutions. This is an opportunity to work in a highly rewarding industry contributing to improving education and literacy. They will focus on our newest and most rapidly growing market, Classroom eFairs.
The Digital Designer will work with copywriters to transform their words into engaging print marketing materials, custom email designs, and/or web graphics. The Digital Designer will be expected to design within brand standards while spearheading new ways to evolve the design. The Digital Designer will handle the entire process from initial concept development to coding and testing HTML/CSS responsive emails or setting up press-ready files for print production. The Digital Designer will work closely with our existing Book Fairs Graphic Designer and freelancers to balance team workload.
This is a 90-day contract-to-hire, full-time position. Located in McHenry, IL, Follett offers an easy reverse commute and a friendly work environment. As a family-owned company with 140-year history, we understand the importance of our team members enjoying work/life balance which is why we offer:
- Flex work arrangements, including the potential for remote work
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria
- Business casual environment
- And more!
This role will collaborate and work closely with our Creative Director and Classroom eFair Marketing Manager in creating visually engaging print and digital designs. The ideal candidate is a team player, experienced in agency, B2B and B2C work with a passion for innovation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Creatively plans, coordinates, develops, prepares, and reviews graphic design projects for company within its marketing standards, goals and objectives.
- Conceptualizes, designs and integrates website layouts, graphics, logos, text, audio, images, code, script and user interfaces within the browser.
- Using templates and custom coding, designs and builds web pages including layout, navigation and graphics using a variety of graphics, software applications, techniques and tools.
- Working collaboratively with other web designers and developers, enhances the look and feel of the organization's online offerings.
- Produces customer-facing communications illuminating the company's products and services.
- Applies established branding specifications to ensure work meets organization guidelines.
- 3 to 5 years design and coding experience
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices
- Possesses the ability to produce quality professional designs
- Strong attention to detail during both design and testing phases
- Ability to produce work in a fast-paced environment
- Open and flexible to project feedback
- Project and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Agency/client facing experience a plus
- UX design training a plus
- B2B design experience a plus
Must submit design portfolio, design samples and links or forwards of coding experience. May be required to submit a test project to be considered for employment.