Smiths Detection is seeking a talented and motivated software engineer who has experience in web application development and is looking to build a career in the field. As a software developer, you will be part of a mid-size team working on developing, testing and deploying cutting edge web/mobile based tools that serve the business. If you are passionate about software development and bringing technology to life, we want to hear from you.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code for new application functionality.
- Maintain and debug existing framework and codebase.
- Contribute to the introduction and phasing in of the newest web technologies and methodologies into the development environment.
- Work collaboratively with a mid-size development team to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation.
- Participate in code reviews and provide thoughtful, constructive feedback to the team.
- Contribute to design of overall system architecture and client/server APIs.
- Assist with the development of automated test suite and test plans for manual testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical field.
- 1-2 years of experience developing web and mobile based applications.
- 1+ years of experience in Ruby-on-Rails development
- Familiarity with software development processes.
- Coding experience in a major language: Ruby (required); Java PHP, C, C++ (preferred)
- Experience with web frameworks, specifically Ruby-on-Rails.
- Knowledge of relational database systems like PostgreSQL and SQLite
- Familiarity with software development processes and agile methodology
- Experience in Linux/Unix, including build, debug and scripting tools.
- Ability to build and publish RESTful web services.
- Knowledge of Git version control system.
- Experience deploying web based applications to a cloud hosting provider such as AWS.
Looking for a NodeJS Developer for our Sunnyvale, CAlocation.
· Understanding accessibility and security compliance
· Experience in consuming web services (REST) and processing data (JSON) .
· Experience with SQLite, NoSQL, Redis or other databases
· Proven experience in building API services using NodeJS Express and related frameworks.
· Good understanding on NodeJS asynchronous runtime.
Job Type: Contract