HCH Enterprises is seeking a Senior Application Developer and Solution Architect, to work as part of the Rhode Island State Division of Information Technology (DoIT) Team within the Division of Motor Vehicles, who will work as part of the Application Development and Support function within the DMV/DoIT Programming Staff, reporting to the DoIT RIMS IT Lead. The candidate will assist in the continued development of the custom developed client/server motor vehicle application, RIMS.
The initial contract period will begin approximately July 1, 2019 for 12 months. Additional contract extensions may be requested. This is an on-site position – remote work is not possible.
Respectfully, we request that Corporations do not apply, as we are unable to support Corp to Corp for this position.
- To design, manage, document and provide support for a custom-built client server application in the motor vehicle business domain.
- Design, document and test features of the application. Trouble-shoot and remediate production issues and defects.
- Work as a project lead for the ongoing support of mission critical Division of Motor Vehicle projects such as REAL ID and its components.
- Partner with the motor vehicle system vendor and the state technology resources.
- Partner with municipalities to manage and execute tax blocks and clears, and annual vehicle valuations.
- Work closely with the third-party vendors that interface with the Division of Motor Vehicles, maintaining and cultivating business and technical relationships.
- Monitor, support and maintain the nightly batch process for the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (preferred), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical Skills include:
- NET Framework 4.0
- C# skills
- Visual Studio
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Database Skills
- HP Agile Manager
- 10+ years of experience as a business system analyst and developer, including business requirement gathering, coding, testing, implementing and documenting new enhancements and system modifications
- 5+ years’ experience with the Agile Methodology.
- 3+ years’ experience with the Agile Manager tool, HPE Agile Manager.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft SQL Databases, SQL Server.
- Understanding of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Management Studio to create and execute data inquiries and reports
- Understanding of modern Software Configuration Management (SCM) such as Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Advanced experience with Visual Studio Code software, PHP language.
- Advanced understanding of testing tools (such as SOAP-UI), unit testing, integration test scripting, manual and automated regression testing and testing methodologies.
- Proficient in batch scheduling tool JAMS (Job Access and Management System). 3+ years’ experience required. Managing, executing, monitoring, resolution management.
- Proficient in PlanetPress document automation application. 3+ years’ experience required. Managing, executing, monitoring, resolution management.
- 5+ years’ experience in government systems, specifically motor vehicle domain (licensing, registration, AAMVA) application as well as Adjudication and Court processes.
- Ability to balance a mix of business skills and technical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
HCH Enterprises, LLC (HCH) is an IT Consulting, Engineering and Technical Services Company, specializing in: Business Analysis; Project/Program Management; Enterprise Architecture; Network Infrastructure Support; System Security; Software and Database Services. Founded in 1986 HCH was incorporated in Rhode Island in 2001. Our mission is to develop and deliver high-value, creative and competitive solutions and services to our government and commercial clients. Our project teams have been providing direct and ongoing technical services and management support in the state of Rhode Island.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- HPE Agile Manager Tool: 3 years (Preferred)
- JAMS (Job Access and Management System): 3 years (Required)
- Agile Methodology: 5 years (Preferred)
- PlanetPress Document Automation Application: 3 years (Required)
- Goverment Systems - Motor Vehicle Domain: 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft SQL Databases: 3 years (Required)
- Business System Analyst and Development: 10 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Providence, RI (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
We are looking for a mid-level SQL Developer/Jr DBA who is a quick learner and a team player. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5+ years of experience designing and developing MS SQL Server databases and business intelligence data solutions. The person will work with Director of Database Engineering and ETL team to implement data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance scripts; resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues and other database related issues.
- Exploiting raw digital data from a variety of sources including, but not limited to OLTP, SQL databases, Excel, Access and flat files.
- Design, develop, revise, and maintain SQL scripts, code, and queries for data translation, conversion, and reporting.
- Retrieve data from various sources and prepare data for analysis. Assist data analysts with complex query development, tuning and schema refinement.
- Review and evaluate the existing data sources, Correlating data from multiple data sets. and analyze the conversion steps required.
- Convert existing data, using ETL processes, creating queries and scripts to manipulate the data into the format needed.
- Creating and preparing intelligence products that explain the meaning of findings in a way that resonates with senior policy makers.
- Refine and automate existing database processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Provide post conversion issue resolution, inefficiencies and/or recommendations for existing process changes.
- Works as needed with application developers to ensure that database environment optimally supports application requirements and that changes in the database environment are implemented promptly and smoothly
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Train data analysts in SQL and SSIS solutions development.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years MS SQL Server Developer experience including 2+ years of SSIS Development
- Strong SQL development skills; demonstrated competence developing complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and other database objects, as well as developing SSIS packages.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2014 database engine.
- Ability to design and implement relational databases
- Experience with SSIS - SQL Server Integration Services /DTS
- Experience with SQL Server Profiler.
- Experience in Health care domain is a plus.
- Self-starter that takes initiative to fill in gaps where needed
- Team player with strong soft skills (e.g., communication, interpersonal, collaboration)
This is a 3-6 month contract with possible extension depending upon performance. Please include hourly rate and availability in the application.
Job Type: Contract
Job Type: Contract
- DBA: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Master's (Preferred)
- Leesburg, VA (Required)
- United States (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: