BDR Solutions, LLC, (BDR) supports the U.S. Federal Government in successfully achieving their mission and goals. Our service and solution delivery starts with understanding each client’s end-state, and then seamlessly integrating within each Agency’s organization to improve and enhance business and technical operations and deployments.
BDR is an SBA approved 8(a) program participant, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), certified Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone), and Minority-Owned Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB).
BDR is seeking a Database Administrator to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Community Care Reimbursement System (CCRS) Development contract. The place of performance of this position is in Vienna, VA, however the individual will work remotely until it is safe to return working in the office environment. When business resumes to working ‘in office’ the individual will have the option of working remotely on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate will be local to the Vienna, VA area and able to meet with team members as needed.
Database Administrator (Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
The Database Administrator (DBA) works independently and collaboratively to insure the performance, integrity, stability, sustainability, availability, and security of database systems on behalf of the Community Care Reimbursement System. Additionally, the DBA shall work closely with colleagues to recommend, implement, and monitor both database and server enhancements for optimal performance in custom applications, reports, visualizations, ad-hoc queries, etc.
The individual in this position interfaces with other teams to ensure database environments are created, updated, and maintained as required to support the goals of the organization. The DBA shall strive to proactively identify needs or issues, develop strategies, and propose/implement technical and process solutions while maintaining appropriate database-level security. The Database Administrator leads large, complex, or specialized database and database server implementations, and provides expert direction on database architecture, query tuning, and all other aspects of database performance.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for the performance, integrity, stability, sustainability, availability, and security of database systems. The DBA will proactively monitor, recommend, and implement database system enhancements for optimal performance.
- This position is also responsible for proactively implementing database standards, query tuning, query optimization, index design, index creation, etc. in support of custom applications, data science and business intelligence development. Duties include troubleshooting database/query performance issues, collaborating in database design, collaboration in database standards, development of real-world examples of database optimization for development initiatives, and all other database aspects in support of the organization.
- Create documentation for processes and data models relevant to managed databases.
- Set up, monitor and manage database backups.
- Implement and execute industry security standards as applicable to projects and databases.
- Assist application engineers with developing well performing queries and assist with troubleshooting DB-dependent application performance issues.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have a high level of computer literacy with desktop and cloud-based productivity software such as Office365, Microsoft Office desktop applications, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint.
- Experience using a source code control system is required; experience using Git for source code control is desirable.
- Experience supporting MSSQL in AWS.
- Must have extensive experience in query composition and optimization, database optimization, and database administration.
- Must have extensive architecture, configuration and maintenance skills within Microsoft SQL Server.
- Must possess expert level competence with MSSQL, including complex queries and stored procedures.
- Experience documenting database architectures and processes.
- Must have experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions (reports, ETL, data visualizations, data extracts).
- Must have experience in gathering business and technical requirements and in preparing and documenting specifications.
- Must be able to work independently and as a strong team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment running multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess the integrity and decision-making skills necessary to work with and protect confidential and/or sensitive information.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in the development of BI solutions
- Experience with best practices to develop standards/guidelines for server and database security preferred.
- Experience supporting SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is a plus
- Experience with DB2 is a plus.
- Proven ability to meet development commitments and manage expectations.
- A proven ability to analyze end user needs, make proactive recommendations to improve existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Proven ability to understand business processes and interact directly with internal customers and peers to provide sound business solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to articulate ideas clearly.
- Proven problem solver, with ability to debug complex processes.
- Desire for constant improvement.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience supporting similar projects.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from four year college, preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related business field.
- Extensive work experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, supplemented by 5 or more years of previous experience as a Database Administrator.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities may be substituted for degree requirements.
- The person in this position is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparation and analysis of data and figures; viewing a computer monitor; and extensive reading.
- Physical activity in this position includes crouching, reaching, walking, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion of hands, wrists, and fingers.
- The position includes sedentary work with lifting requirements up to 10 pounds and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
BDR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Powered by JazzHR