Looking for a strong ServiceNow Developer and Admin.
- Perform day to day administration of the Service-Now tool.
- Maintain business services and configuration item relationships in Service-Now tool.
- Develop and manage application code, user interface, and third-party integration components.
- Develop necessary development documentation as needed e.g. technical design, developer notes, etc.
- Performs core configuration tasks including system policies, business rules and client scripts.
- Manages users, groups and roles.
- Manages data with Tables, the CMDB, Import Sets, and Update Sets.
- Creates Workflow activities and approvals. Implement new workflows that use a variety of activities to understand how records are generated from workflows.
- Performs migration activities Dev to QA, QA to Prod.
- Coordinates Service Catalog options, including two-step checkout, cart controls, and variables.
- Investigate performance issues, learn troubleshooting tools, and use system logs to find issues.
- Deep understanding of REST, WSDL, JSON and ability to integrate with other third party applications like SPLUNK, APP Dynamics etc.
- Experience working with Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Policies, UI Scripts, UI Actions, UI Pages, Script Includes, Access Control Lists etc.
- Experience working with email notifications, inbound actions, reports, gauges, and home pages.
- Experience on creation of catalog items, wizards, record producers, interceptors, user guide.
- Working on creation and customization of complex workflows and custom workflow activities.
- Worked with transform maps, data sources and different transform scripts for data loads and management.
- Working with schedule jobs, events and triggers to manage business needs and handle background work.
- Working with complex UI customization and UI macros.
- Appreciated for suggesting and successfully implementing performance changes throughout different modules of ServiceNow by converting sync server calls to async and use of scratchpad.
- Working knowledge of Performance Analytics and Reports.
- Coordinates installation of ServiceNow upgrades and/or service packs. Develops and manages the preparation of systems, test criteria and control for upgrades, service packs, new functionality, enhancements or error correction.
- Support clients and internal business processes based on ServiceNow platform.
- In particular, deployed Incident & Problem Management, Asset management and CMDB, Change & Release management, SLM, Service Catalog with customization and build in-house applications.
- Assist in developing new custom applications or customizing OOTB applications.
- Design testing plans and carry out the testing for the above.
- ServiceNow certification (preferred).
Job Type: Contract
As an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE), your primary function is to ensure that the client’s new cloud development environment meets all security requirements and specifications according to their Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Coordinating Assess and Authorize (A&A), Configuration Management (CM), and Release Management requirements for the client's systems in accordance with RMF
- Performing and reviewing technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established information assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommending mitigation strategies
- Reviewing software assessment reports, including code and application scans, and fixing any vulnerabilities that may be present and properly addressing as to not pose a threat to the network
- Validating and verifying system security requirements definitions and analyzing and establishing system security designs
- Providing expert level consultation and technical services on all aspects of Information Security
- Applying leading-edge principles, theories, and concepts to the development, maintenance, and implementation of information security standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Ensuring and approving Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) are in place for vulnerabilities that cannot be remedied at the time of the finding
- Responsible for providing high level technical leadership focused on complex information security architecture
- Performing security research, analysis, and design for the client computing systems and infrastructure
- Responsible for the prevention, detection, investigation and response with respect to security threats and attacks
- Facilitating and managing security vulnerability assessments and penetration tests
- Planning and overseeing configuration changes for major security infrastructure platforms
- Determining the extent a system change may affect the security posture of either the information system or the computing environment and ensuring the implementation of such change are documented
- Developing, implementing, and documenting formal security programs and policies throughout the program, and monitoring compliance to these policies and programs
- Leading the technical aspects of internal security audits
- Conducting trade-off analyses of products for clients to determine optimal information security solutions
You will have experience with the following:
- Current TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
- Experience working with IT customers within the Intelligence Community
- Experience working with the Xacta tool
- Expertise in the areas of vulnerability and risk management
- Working knowledge of IT security assessment and network vulnerability tools
- Experience with large scale enterprise IT contracts
- A minimum of 10 years of practical experience transitioning to and operating within RMF applications
Candidate must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and one of the following experiences in information assurance:
- 12 Years of job related experience and High School/GED diploma
- 10 Years of job related experience and Associate degree
- 8 Years of job related experience and Bachelor’s degree
- 6 Years of job related experience and Master’s degree
- 4 Years of job related experience and Doctorate
9:30am to 2:30pm
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
We are looking for a Senior Salesforce Developer for our Jersey, NJ location
Candidate will be part of the agile team implementing and supporting Salesforce for various business units.
Work with the BA and SA to understand the business needs and technical design specifications and deliver solution.
Understand the out of the box functionality of Sales, Service and Marketing cloud and configure the system and customize only when required.
Able to customize, configure Salesforce.com using Lightning component, APEX, Visual Force, API, and workflows using the industry best practices.
Responsible for Salesforce Administration, Deployment and Release management.
Utilize continuous integration and continuous deployment tools for Salesforce.com.
Support integration and data quality activities.
Utilize the data loader or similar tool to load data from other CRM systems i.e. MS Dynamics 365.
Facilitates the development of cross-functional skills among team members
Candidate must be a US Citizen / Green Card
Job Type: Contract