Our top client, and national leader in their field need a Java Engineer to design, implement, deliver, and maintain applications and features for the Client's principal members, customer support, and administrators. Can *not* do sponsorship (no C2C) for these roles. Can be contract, contract to hire, or full-time. As part of the Client delivery team, you will
- Work closely with product designers, product managers and quality engineers to turn requirements and design documents into elegant code and delightful user experience
- Use modern tooling for iterative and rapid development, integrated testing, and high performance
- Mentor junior engineers,
- Contribute to architecture decisions
- Conduct code reviews
About the Role
- Require minimal supervision and can help a team drive a project to completion
- Own changes to be made from definition to support in production
- Experience with various software lifecycle tools such as Git and JIRA
- Have experience with TDD or TAD (Test Accompanied Development), developer-written automated testing and all things that lead to confidence in our code in a Continuous Delivery infrastructure.
- 3+ years experience and skill in technologies including
- Web services written in Java
- Understanding of microservices architectures and messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ), REST and other concepts in API architecture
- Service-oriented architectures and messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Databases (relational and document)Functional, unit, and integration testing
- Ability (and willingness) to work full stack but have strength in Java-based APIs and services
- Databases (relational and document)
- Instrumentation of an app or service for alerting and monitoring (New Relic)
- Functional, unit, integration and performance testing
- Experience having shipped robust, high-performance, high-scalability applications to production
- Experience with a 24/7 continuous integration production environment
The CDM Program is managed within the DHS Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, CISA/Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C)/Network Security Deployment (NSD) Division, responsible for enhancing the security, resilience, and reliability of the Nation’s cyber and communications infrastructure. The DHS CDM Program mission is to safeguard and secure cyberspace in an environment where the threat of cyber-attack is continuously growing and evolving. The CDM Program defends the United States (U.S.) Federal Information Technology (IT) networks from cybersecurity threats by providing continuous monitoring sensors (tools), diagnosis, mitigation tools, and associated services to strengthen the security posture of Government networks.
What You’ll Get to Do:
On our team, you’ll be responsible for integrating complex technical solutions using many different technologies to enhance and evolve the Cyber Security mission at DHS and its 14 “component agencies”. You’ll get to be flexible! You won’t be living in a confined stovepipe or swim-lane. Although the overall contract consists of one base year and five option years, you’ll support and drive multiple approximately six-month solution-integration project efforts which may be similar with others, or they may be completely unique. Flexibility and adaptability are ways of life here on the CDM team. Although this is a high-pace environment, be assured you’d be joining a people-oriented team and overall community that’s just as flexible as we’re hoping you to be.
More About the Role:
- A IT Integrator's living Swiss Army Knife of security implementation. You understand how to translate security policy into a layered systems security model and either directly implement or configure tools and system settings, or work with other Engineers to implement such a design
- Often functions as the translation layer to talk to the ISSOs “so the Systems Engineers don't have to"
- Communicates acceptably with both technical and non-technical colleagues, sharing knowledge and insight
- Work independently or in very small teams to integrate systems and solutions, triage issues, and prioritize tasks
- You might provision, install, configure, monitor and maintain applications, platform services, and/or operating systems (either or both of Windows and Linux), working with existing systems running in labs or in DHS production systems
- Create and manages scripts
- Produces and reviews detailed documentation and diagrams regarding the solution being integrated
- Provides key input to the CDM and DHS Change Management processes
- Participate in the internal Engineering Review process
- Provide technical cross-training/coaching of more junior colleagues
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- US Citizenship required
- A mid-level general IT Security certification (CISSP or similar)
- There is no clearance requirement to begin employment; however, for continued employment ,must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and successfully obtain to a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) EOD authorization
- Understands and intuits "why things work", not just the ability to follow installation and configuration guides
- Strong experience securing and validating systems in a Windows and Linux server environments
- Strong experience integrating, securing, and making useful one or more of the following Microsoft platform services: MS SQL Server, IIS, Microsoft Active Directory (at an advanced level), PostGRE SQL, SELinux, NGinX, Apache
- Strong experience installing and configuring COTS software applications
- Strong experience with securing systems following STIGs, best practices, and government/compliance requirements (NIST 800-53, FISMA, etc.)
- Significant experience supporting system accreditation efforts
- Moderate to Strong experience creating and analyzing scripts
- Moderately strong experience with network security posture scanning tools, such as Tenable Nessus
- Moderately strong understanding network communication fundamentals.
- Experience with log analysis, network firewalls, and security validation testing
- The ability to apply technical wisdom in mapping technology solutions and implementation options to satisfy NIST RMF security control requirements in a functional manner
- University Degree (BS), or equivalent years of related experience, and additionally 7+ years of related IT engineering experience required
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Relevant Technical and/or Security Certifications (e.g. CISSP, Microsoft, RHEL, AWS, CEH, CAP, etc.)
- Moderate experience integrating and troubleshooting systems in a Linux environment (CentOS/RHEL preferred)
- Experience creating and analyzing Python, Perl, and/or Bash scripts
- Experience with any or all of these products or technologies: PostGRE SQL, Red Hat Satellite, Nagios, McAfee ePO, Tanium, IPSEC, ForeScout, CyberARK, CA PAM/Xceedium, SailPoint, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Splunk, AMQP (RabbitMQ), Nessus, Phantom, Swimlane, ServiceNow, Qualys, SCCM, BigFix, MDM solutions
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related subject area
- Active DoD clearance preferred but not required
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.