OLTP Contract Jobs
Last 90 Days
My large construction client require a Lead Power BI Developer to join them on a 3-6 months initial contract based in Huntingdon, Peterborough.
This is a greenfield project where you will act as the Lead Power BI Developer responsible for building reports and dashboards to provide crucial performance data to support the organisation to achieve its key strategic priorities.
You will be a great communicator, pro-active and able to ensure that reporting is accurate, credible and meets the stakeholder’s requirements.
You will have a proven track-record of the implementation of reports and dash boards using databases and integrating data from multiple sources in order to provide central reporting services.
The Business Intelligence Developer ( SQL Server / Power BI / DAX ) will have the following further responsibilities:
As the Business Intelligence Developer ( SQL Server / Power BI / DAX ), you will be responsible for both new and BAU report writing.
Work with stakeholders and team members to develop report specification, determine appropriate technical solutions.
Performing data analysis and data validation to ensure accurate reporting results.
Key skills required for Power BI Developer:
Excellent communication skills
Data dashboard development
Good business acumen
Beneficial skills required for Business Intelligence Developer ( SQL Server / Power BI / DAX ) include:
If you are available for a new contract, happy with the location and wish to be considered then please apply ASAP.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
A fantastic opportunity to join a thriving Management Information team within a leading financial services client based in Reigate. The successful candidate will need to have a solid understating of relational databases (OLAP & OLTP), as well as possess excellent communication skills, have an analytical approach to problem solving coupled with the ability to identify and interpret patterns and trends in data.
The successful candidate must also:
• Quickly integrate in to a fast paced team.
• Be highly analytical and have an excellent grasp of data warehousing (ETL).
• Be able to clearly translate business and technical specifications.
• Develop and amend existing MI reporting in accordance with business requirements.
• Liaising with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Communicate clearly and effectively about technical and non-technical subjects. It may also be necessary to communicate with external suppliers and/or partners.
• Designing and deploying ETL solutions with SSIS.
• Liaising directly with the business to gather and refine data requirements.
• SQL Server database monitoring and tuning.
• Test and reconcile data between source transactional/operational systems and enterprise data warehouse.
• Manage SSIS projects and packages.
• Building reports using SSRS and Power BI.
• Manage and maintain a tabular data model in SSAS.
• Proven experience as a SQL Developer/Tester (industry experience preferred).
• Advanced SQL skills essential, including the creation complex queries (e.g. nested SQL statements, recursive CTEs, etc.).
• Strong experience using SSRS, SSAS and SSIS is essential.
• Knowledge or waterfall and/or agile methodologies (including all stages of software development).
• Experience using Oracle SQL Developer and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is essential.
• Advanced T-SQL experience is essential (PL-SQL & MySQL desirable).
• Advanced data modelling skills desirable.
• Experience using job scheduler's desirable (i.e. creating, implementing and maintaining jobs using SQL Agent or equivalent).
• Experience using Microsoft SharePoint as a report distribution platform desirable.
• VB.NET/VBA scripting experience desirable
3 months initial duration
Our client is a global industry leader, headed by a passionate and diligent team, who are looking for a capable SQL Server Developer / BI Leader for their head office in London. This vital role would see you lead our client to greater success in their most unique of entertainment markets.
Our client is in the media software industry vanguard, helping to modernise how their clients conduct business. Boasting a great company culture, with real potential for career growth in this role, this is a chance not to be missed!
The technical environment is certainly stimulating, with an emphasis on managing procedures in SQL Server, as well as working with OLTP/OLAP systems and Excel Powerpivots. Projects will involve an ever increasing focus on migration of data to the cloud, microservices, AWS etc.
- Managing around 20 SQL Server environments (2008-2016)
- Management of data extraction into the data warehouse, ensuring that all data is complete, appropriately cleansed and delivered to agreed timelines and accuracy
- Delivering insight efficiently, and striving to continually improve the automated generation of reports
- Using strong T-SQL skills to create standards-based reports and stored procedures in SQL Server
- Ability to build data cubes or queries that can be reused across multiple reports
Essential Skills and Experience:
- SSAS experience is a must for this role. Please only apply if you have SSAS experience!
- 5+ years' experience w/ SQL Server 2008 R2 upwards (including SSMS, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS)
- 5+ years' experience w/ OLTP and OLAP systems
- A sound understanding of Kimball methodology
- A sound understanding of T-SQL and performance tuning
- Be a subject matter expert in BI, including SSRS and Excel Powerpivots
- Experience of manipulating data formats such as XML, JSON, CSV and text files
- A sound understanding of product life cycles and release processes
Nice to haves:
- Backup/Restore and DB failover procedures
- Redgate Toolbelt
- Experience with other databases, incl. Postgres, MySQL, and Oracle
- Experience with SQL Extended Procedures
- Any experience with financial systems, especially SAP, is a major bonus
- Any experience of AWS
You must be eligible to work full-time in the UK to be considered. Apply ASAP for success!
SQL Server Developer / BI Lead - SSAS - Media Software, West London
Our client is looking for a Reports Developer to join them on a contract basis to develop reports as part of their Dynamics365 implementation. Candidates must have strong experience with SSRS and PowerBI and have experience of developing reports within AX/D365.
- Excellent track record of successfully delivering financial and management information reports
- Exceptional expertise in the full Microsoft BI Stack, including SSRS / SSAS and SSIS
- Exceptional expertise in SQL Server, OLAP / OLTP, Data Analysis and Transact SQL
- Strong experience in developing Excel reporting
- Excellent communication skills and ability to attend workshops to design technical solutions.
- Experience in full project life cycles essential (global implementation experience preferred).
- Experience in Agile development (such as SCRUM) preferable
- Ability to liaise with business users to agree Report specifications and manage user acceptance testing
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop management and financial reports using SSRS.
- Provide Business intelligence through creation of data models and dashboards with Power BI.
- Design customised AX output documents
- Create mechanism for auto-generation and distribution of reports to senior managers and business leads.
- Create Custom Tables and AOT objects such as Queries, Views, Classes, etc. to aid report development
- Aid in the design, documentation, and communication of the reporting strategy & architecture
Candidates must be eligible to work in this country.