Our customer is looking for a contract with right to hire ASAP - no third parties please
Title: Network Security Engineer III
Onsite Location: Chantilly VA
Contract: 6 Month Contract with Right to Hire
Our Customer is hiring a Network Security Engineer III in Chantilly, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to lead engineering specific activities on enterprise infrastructure systems, services and applications. This role will be responsible for system design; standards-based implementation, capacity planning, systems integration, process / procedure development and refinement, and technical support.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement systems in a phased approach of requirements analysis, system design review, installation, integration, and testing.
- Lead the development of product/project requirements and success criteria through collaboration with internal and external customers. Leverage these criteria and integrate business and technical knowledge when designing and developing solutions to deliver optimal, elegant solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements while delivering the best value and user experience.
- Responsible for leading the infrastructure engineering initiatives.
- Responsible for stability, integrity and efficiency of the infrastructure and information systems that support core functions of the business.
- Accountable for providing escalation support to troubleshoot and maintain production infrastructure and to resolve production issues and outages.
- Recommend new and emerging technologies to solve business problems.
- Maintain proper documentation including configuration specifics and procedures, for implementation and ongoing operation/maintenance of infrastructure solutions.
- Provide technical support for enterprise systems. Troubleshoot, repair and recover from hardware or software failures in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Install, configure, test and maintain systems, application software and infrastructure tools.
- Serve as a key team member using existing technical knowledge and have the skills to perform specific projects independently.
- Maintain the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Interact with other engineers and management to identify areas of improvement for operational efficiency.
- Work closely with technical and non-technical personnel within and across Customer departments and vendors.
- Accountable for managing all assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Comply with Incident Management and Change Management procedures and reporting practices.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT industry as it relates to the technologies identified as primary responsibilities including awareness of new or revised solutions and improved processes.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place systems.
- Assist junior and subordinate staff in researching technical problems and complex designs in order to develop staff capabilities.
- Participate in on-call 24x7 support as needed in the event of system outage or failure.
- Architect, design, support, and maintain firewall infrastructure for a highly available and disaster recovery configurations in an enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding of how firewalls work within a routing, switching environment.
- Strong understanding of application network and firewall provisioning.
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting site-to-site VPN tunnels on firewalls.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Management platforms such as Cisco works, Cisco Prime, and Cisco Security Manager.
- Strong understanding of Cisco AnyConnect components.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting TACACS in a multivendor environment.
- Strong understanding of F5 load balancers.
- Strong understanding of VMware NSX for micro segmentation
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting McAfee IPS.
- Strong network security troubleshooting skills, this should include: load balancers, proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN client communications, and vendor VPN communications.
- Strong understanding of Mainframe networking a plus.
- Assist project teams with their project architectures and engineer security by design.
- Experience using Scrutinizer to manage network devices and troubleshoot.
- Experience using log analysis tools to troubleshoot issues and to plan for future requirements.
- Experience installing and configuring Atalla a plus.
- Understanding of wireless security in an enterprise environment.
- Experience troubleshooting DDoS vendor communications issues.
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Solve complex Integration challenges and debug complex configuration issues
- Mentor users and other groups on their use of network security solutions
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required.
- In lieu of a degree, combination of education and a minimum of ten (10) years of related work experience is required that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to perform all the essential job functions.
- Strong understanding of Network, Compute, Storage, Cloud and End-User technologies
- Strong understanding of System design and integration with a thorough familiarity with multi-tiered application architecture and public, private, and hybrid cloud technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and multi-tasking skills desired.
- Must be able to present system designs for user approval at formal reviews.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Strong communication, documentation, and time management skills.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $125,000.00 to $145,000.00 /year
- Network Security: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
The Network Security Engineer with Zscaler Exp (Level 3) is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, supporting of network and network security infrastructure and application components.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking and WAN.
* Designing, deploying and supporting Zscaler Cloud based Infrastructure across various Data Centers and Disaster Recovery environments
* Manage and configure Bluecoat, ZScalar proxy devices
* Migrating the policies from on premise Bluecoat to Cloud Based Zscaler Proxy service in tandem with various application owners.
* Understand the Traffic Flows for both Https (web Traffic) standard and custom application-based traffic and accordingly design solution around it for Firewalling and Proxy services.
* Whitelisting IP space for various Project team to access external vendors access to ensure safe and secure connectivity.
* Work on Palo Alto Zone based Firewalls to create Zones and Policies for various segment of the network and accordingly troubleshoot any connectivity issues thereof across various Security Zones viz – DMZ, DAZ, BEZ, userDMZ, User Zone etc.
* Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
* Provides network systems Engineering support to users for
- Cisco ASA, Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewalls
- F5 Big IP load Balancers
- Blue Coat Proxy
- Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Wireless Devices
- InfoBlox IPAM
- AWS Infrastructure Exp. is good to have
* Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
* Work with internal applications teams and design and implement appropriate network solutions
* Provide Technical Support for issues escalated by Level 2 Operations
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
* Coordinates activities with other system areas and vendors, and deals with network security systems planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $100,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Network Security Engineer with Zscaler: 5 years (Required)
- More than 1 year
Full Time Opportunity:
Last 90 Days
Local Candidates only.
Reward The Fan is a live streamed trivia game show where fans answer trivia questions for a chance to win free tickets to see their favorite teams, artists or Broadway shows.
RTF is a growing startup based in NYC and are looking to add talented, hard-working and friendly members to our dynamic team. We are searching for an experienced IT Network Engineer candidate for an initial 3 month term with the ability to become a full time member of RTF.
Role: IT Network & Systems Administrator.
Technologies and Description:
Experience with Windows 2012R2/16,
Experience with AWS cloud,
Experience in setting up AWS CloudFront and AWS related services,
Experience working with VMware, VPNs,
Strong Experience with Office 365 handling autonomously and in a team environment,
Provide remote troubleshooting for users working remotely,
Experience configuring Firewalls and VPN's,
Experience with proxy IP services,
Experience with IP Telephony and Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
Experience in Adapting to a rapidly changing environment,
Experience as lead administrator for network security,
Experience as lead administrator for Backup systems,
Experience in Conducting and coordinating complex troubleshooting activities,
Experience in tackling hardware related issues and giving a solution to it,
Keep accurate records of your time and services provided
Graduate or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science related discipline or equivalent IT experience,
CCNA, CCDA and MCSE/MCSA is strongly preferred,
Solid understanding of Cisco internetworks, routing and switching and related protocols,
Solid understanding of LAN/WAN is required,
A solid understanding of WAN circuit troubleshooting,
Administrating, maintaining and provisioning windows domain controllers,
Monitoring automated reports and/or responding to alerts for multiple hard/software applications issues,
Advance understanding of Windows Server 2012 R2 (and greater), Active Directory, Group Policy,
Advanced understanding of Office 365, Drop Box for business and VOIP,
Experienced with Distributed File System, System Management Server,
Experienced with Microsoft Desktop Application Support,
Strong understanding of Networking equipment, concepts, and services (DNS, DHCP, VPN),
Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
Self-motivated and strong capability to learn new concepts and systems,
Experience with Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word are required,
Advanced MS Office skills are a plus,
Willingness to work extra hours as operational needs dictate.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Network Administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)