You’ve worked as a freelance or in an agency, or you may be looking for your second job. Either way, you’ll have built or contributed to a few different projects and can demonstrate that.
You’ll be working on:
- Our iOS app, written in Swift
- Our backend platform, written in .NET Framework 4.5 with a SQL Server database (we’d like to update this to .NET Core 2.2).
- Developing or delivering our new Android app, written in whatever you’d like; Java, Kotlin, React Native, it’s your choice!
- Developing the analytical tools to understand ticket buyer behaviour in detail.
- Expanding and developing app features including geolocational security and last minute activation of tickets.
We hope that you will:
- Have some public evidence of what you know. Do you have a stackoverflow profile? A hacker news profile? Do
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Live somewhere in the UK and can make it to Birmingham occasionally.
- Have lots of ideas and a willingness to share them!
- We’re a startup so things can be chaotic. As well as being able to write good, clean code you’ll need to be able to solve problems on a daily basis using your own initiative. Flexibility and resilience are key!
If you’re smart, friendly and love building software — we want to hear from you.
We’ve boot-strapped the beta version with the help of contractors – so we’re in the scrappy early stages. As we're pre-revenue the budget is limited.
But the beta is ready and the business plan is written. And you’ll be working with a founder who has raised an A-round of £300k for an earlier project.
The role will initially be part-time or on a contract basis. We're raising a round, we'll make you full time and pay you a full-time salary when we do.
As a key partner, you'll get a generous share option package from the start to reflect your time and commitment in the fundraising. We’ll get you a top of the range Mac (you’ll need it for iOS development).
Where you’ll work
Although we’re based in Birmingham and will need to see you in person from time to time, you can work remotely the rest of the time.
Lead .NET Application Developer
**Please submit your LinkedIn, Twitter profile links (or Facebook) with your application to ensure processing**
Our consulting team is searching for a senior .NET developer to deliver consulting engagements. Successful candidate is required to work out of our client sites across North America as needed. Remote work is acceptable in some cases after 6 months of consistent performance, subject to management approval.
H1B/OPT-CPT candidates are encouraged to apply. We provide a path to permanent residency for the right candidates in due time commensurate with performance.
Responsibilities include integration and design of new application systems and/or life-cycle enhancements to existing complex multi-platform. Also responsible for determining the scope of the assigned project(s) by assessing requirements from business and technical/network personnel.
Perform evaluation and selection of the appropriate technical platform for the system. Work will include integration planning, integration analysis across multiple technical platforms, integration analysis to include both global system design and detailed program design for complex processes or interfaces, review of database design of new data structures, and suggested modifications to existing data structures.
Effectively document and coach the structure and function of the new application and/or enhancements resulting from the assigned project(s) to other web application managers and senior technical personnel to insure that the new systems or enhancements operate smoothly.
Candidate will work with a diverse project team, work in a highly visible and changing project environment, with aggressive delivery timelines.
Functional Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Extensive experience in large-scale application architecture, design, and development using various versions of .NET Framework and languages like C#.NET, VB.NET and Web Technologies like ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC 4/5.
- 6+ years of design concepts -- Layered architecture, components, interfaces, messaging
- 6 + years of application modeling using UML, specifically using Class, Interaction, Sequence, Activity, and State Diagrams, and of documenting deployment using Deployment Diagrams.
- 6+ years computer programming and analysis experience at a level equivalent to an ISATL which included using Web Services, XML, SOAP, object persistence methodologies and application integration.
- 6+ years experience with full project lifecycle experience in implementing web based systems.
- 6+ years of experience in troubleshooting, self-motivated and driven professional, able to work with minimal supervision, and able to exercise good judgment to keep critical systems operational
- 6+ years of object oriented conceptual expertise -- classes, inheritance, encapsulation, and the tools used in their definition (UML, Use Cases)
- 6 + years of database/Data Access -- RDBMS(Oracle, DB2, SQL), tables, triggers, logical and physical modeling, access strategies and tools, concurrency models
Extremely strong fundamentals and analytical abilities
- Preferred to have experience using 3rd party controls
- Preferred to have experience with a .NET Content Management Systems (CMS) Software
- Preferred to have experience with 3rd Party: Telerik, Kendo UI, Chart FX and IText
At least 6 years of experience implementing service orientated architecture using SOAP or REST, XML and JSON
- At least 4 years of experience in integration of PBI with .NET Applications
Trustmarq Global Services is an Atlanta-based consultancy with offices across the US east coast. Our core focus is in the domains of Cyber Security, Risk & Compliance Management, and IT Strategy & Transformation.
Our company's core professional attributes include:
- Delivering Results with the Highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and honesty in actions.
- Establishing and maintaining lasting client relationships based on mutual trust and proven success record.
- Promoting a sense of ownership and accomplishment among our professionals, with a balance of work and life commitments.
- As our clients' trusted advisors, we constantly seek out business-minded technology professionals who can carry deep technical conversations and understand our clients’ business model. A successful person in this role is enthusiastic, self-motivated, and carries a consulting mindset.
- A successful person in this role would be enthusiastic and personable, looking to grow with the firm, and carries a team-building mindset. This person would promote our organization's core values in every aspect of their interactions with clients, partners, providers, and peers, exhibit good interpersonal skills, demonstrate willingness to go the extra mile in fulfillment of company objectives.
- We look forward to discussing how we can collectively work to make you successful as part of our team.
How To Apply
Please visit https://trustmarq.zohorecruit.com/careers. Search for the posting title listed above, and select “Apply Now”.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Duration: 1+ Year
Type: Contract Position
Position #: LMC003
- Primary role will be as a hands on developer to develop .Net Web applications.
- Design, Develop, Test and Document applications.
- A minimum of a 4 year college degree in an IT related discipline is required
- 3 years of web development experience developing web applications using .NET Framework, C# .NET, XML, HTML
- 2-3 years of experience in design and development of user interface development 2-3 years of database programming with relational databases
- 2-3 years of Web UI development experience
- Knowledge of, C#, C# MVC Framework MS Entity Framework and / or Dapper
- Experience in developing Workflow based applications using .Net
- Experience with Web services development using SOAP and REST
- Experience in UI and backend development
- Experience with Python
- Good communication skills
- Is a 4 yr degree required? Yes
- Will this Req convert to a FTE position? If so, do you only want to see individuals eligible to convert to FTE status? Possibility, but nothing planned at this time. No, any candidates would work.
- Do you require a face to face interview, or will you hire from a phone interview? Face to Face or WebCam is required.
- Can the contractor work remotely or do they need to be onsite? Onsite