Senior Enterprise Architect
Our client is based in Boston, MA and requires a highly-qualified and versatile e-commerce professional to assist with the development and integration of a large B2C application/platform for a global roll-out. The individual will principally be responsible for 1) the design and architecture issues while 2) also leading a mixed-shore team of Developers on an estimated time management ratio of 70/30. This is a true Lead role and there will be virtually no direct programming required, though hands-on knowledge is essential. Key tasks of the role include:
- Lead an Agile team in all stages of the development lifecycle including architecture, design, coding, unit testing, and code reviews.
- Assume responsibility for the application s functional interface and for ensuring application usability.
- Refactoring code, process, and data to improve the velocity of releases, application performance, maintainability, and system security.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest emerging Web technologies and trends to enable the client to power an unlimited number of websites, sell anything, and expand globally.
- 10+ years of experience working with n-tiered complex Java-based application development and maintenance projects involving J2EE applications: Java, Servlets and JSP applications.
- 3+ years of experience working with overall architecture and design issues for online retail and e-commerce applications utilizing Java and Web technologies.
- 4+ years of experience leading application development efforts involving high standards for quality, performance, availability, scalability, and system integrity.
- 7+ years of experience with Model-View-Controller frameworks such as Spring MVC
- 7+ years of experience with version control software such as Mercurial, Git, or Subversion
- 7+ years of e-commerce experience working with any mix of WebSphere Commerce, ATG or Hybris solutions.
- 7+ years of experience with SQL-based data storage (Oracle strongly preferred).
- 7+ years of experience with development designed to run on Unix/Linux in a highly-available, multi-tier infrastructure.
- Architect-level Java development experience including debugging and Test-Driven Development (TDD) experience.
- Possess a thorough understanding of object-oriented design concepts and have experience building reusable classes.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of how to facilitate the design and build-out of highly available, scalable and fault-tolerant applications.
- Experience with web and application servers such as Apache and Tomcat.
- Demonstrate a passion to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Experience not only developing new software but maintaining/supporting these systems.
- Some experience with NoSQL, Distributed Caching and Document Storage (MongoDB) environments.
- Demonstrated passion for technology, a strong interest in learning and exploring the latest technologies
- Interest working with other languages/frameworks (AngularJS, Ruby/Rails, Groovy/Grails, etc.)
Start Date: Immediate
Duration: Through 2021 (with possible extensions beyond)
Location: Boston, MA (onsite presence required, remote work is not possible)
Interviews: Candidates should be prepared for 2-3 rounds of technical phone interviews and the process with involve a practical problem-solving assignment.