REED Technology are delighted to working alongside a renowned organisation assisting in their search for a Network Engineer to based in Edinburgh on a 12 months contract.
- Networking, LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless and security technologies.
- TCP/IP protocol
- Cisco qualifications desirable: CCIE, CCNP or CCNA
The successful candidiate will be expected to work a 9-5 on site in Edinburgh initially then remote working will be offered once established in the role. If interested in the above, send your most up to date CV for immediate consideration.
Last 90 Days
Fyte are excited to announce that we are working closely with one of our esteemed clients within the Financial sector. Due to a birth of new projects, they are currently looking to bring in an experienced Network Engineer on a 12 month contract, with the likelihood of being extended further.
The main responsibility of this role will be providing input into the design, architecture, implementation, security of multi-vendor MPLS network communication environments.
The ideal network engineer will have over 4 years experience in (but not limited to):
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco product portfolio
- Networking, including LAN/WAN, Firewalls, wireless and Security technologies
- Cisco technology, Firewalls, Data Center Operations, and Vendor Maintenance
- Either have obtained or working towards a CCIE certification
There is lots more to tell you about the responsibilities, type of work, culture and environment within. If you would like to find out more about this fantastic opportunity then please apply below or give myself a phone on 01315559837.
**This is not a fully remote working opportunity**
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is part of Morgan Philips Group and is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
+44 131 555 9837
1 Lochrin Square 92 Fountainbridge
EH3 9QA Edinburgh
- Experience with any of the following Firewalls: Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Networks, Forcepoint StoneSoft, and McAfee Enterprise Firewalls
- Experience with any of the following router/switches: Cisco ASR, HPE Comware, HPE ProCurve, Arista
- Experience with network design for Hadoop, VMware, and Windows/Linux environments
- Comfortable working with other division network teams to identify connection points
- Experience with the management, configuration, change control, and incident resolution using JIRA, Gitlab confluence
- Strong level of knowledge with LAN switching and VLANs including VRF’s
- Experience with deploying and maintaining network-monitoring tools, such as Whats UpGold
- Working knowledge with Netflow and SNMP for monitoring the enterprise
- Experience with OSPF, OTV, STP, VRRP, LACP
- Experience with port security
- Experience with VMware vSwitches and Distributed vSwitches
- A minimum of a IAT Level II (DoD 8570.1M) certification is required: e.g. GIAC Security Essentials - GSEC; CompTIA Security+ CE; Security Certified Network Professional - SCNP; Systems Security Certified Practitioner - SSCP
The majority of work will be performed in Chantilly, Virginia, which is located approximately 25 miles west of Washington D.C., near the Dulles International Airport. The selected Network Engineer will support a 6+ year contract that General Dynamics recently secured.
- The candidate should have network engineering and administration background
- Candidates on a daily basis will work closely with a team of System Engineers and Administrators to maintain and enhance the customer’s Insider Threat big data security analytic network. Additionally you will work with external customer networks to identify ways to integrate and route data off their networks
- Candidates should be capable of designing and implementing unique network solutions in a cross-domain environment
- Candidates should be comfortable with identifying and implementing routing changes on perimeter firewalls
- Candidates must be comfortable with independently designing and identifying network optimizations and implementing network changes
- Must have strong network routing and troubleshooting experience. A strong candidate will have worked in a multi-vendor network with various routing equipment including firewalls
- You will plan for network upgrades and work closely with team leads to forecast hardware procurements
- You will have direct influence for future network design and implementations and the system scales and grows
- Candidates must be self-starters, comfortable with spending time in a data center, and have the aptitude to work independently
- Work closely with technical and non-technical Insider Threat Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify risks to the infrastructure and implement design controls to mitigate
- Meet frequently with other division network engineers to develop a plan of action for integration
- Work closely with System Engineering team to deploy new servers and participate in the design of new distributed infrastructures such as Hadoop
- Create and update network diagrams (Visio)
- Monitor router and firewall performance and remediate throughput issues
- Patch and update router and firewall hardware
- Identify single points of failure and comfortable developing and implementing a plan of action to mitigate
- Examine current hardware and system designs to mitigate security findings
- Develop and maintain change management plan
- Write A&A documentation and ensure the systems operate in accordance with these security plans
- Designs and plans network systems
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Provides technical analysis in data network planning, engineering, and design
- Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, hubs, bridges and gateways, etc.
- Coordinates third party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators
- May develop uniform operation procedures
- Conducts testing of network systems
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Subject matter expert (SME) in one discipline/field and developing working knowledge in adjacent disciplines/fields
- Fully proficient and able to perform all responsibilities associated with the position
- Grasps and applies new information quickly
- Fully proficient ability to handle more complex assignments
- Develops solutions to a variety of difficult problems of considerable scope and complexity, using established precedents and policies
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field
- Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives
- Works under general direction
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts
- Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs or projects
- Requires fully proficient analytical, research and project management capabilities
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- DoD 8570.1M IAT-II compliant
- Network certification preferred (E.g. CCNA)
- Experience with COOP and datacenter failover is a plus
- Experience with Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) is a plus
JMA Solutions, a leading government contractor for the Federal Aviation Administration, has a full-time opportunity for a Senior Java/Full Stack Developer. This role provides information technology services in facilities planning, operations and support; storage systems analysis, design/test, and administration; server system analysis, design/test and administration; database analysis, design/test, administration; website analysis, design/test, and administration; web application analysis, design/test and administration; LAN analysis, design/test and administration; user support planning, operations and administration; and related IT systems functions. This position is located in Herndon, VA.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software within a project scope ensuring that work product meets end user acceptance criteria
- Managing self-directed assignments to resolve software defects or implement features to meet schedule commitments with a high-level of quality
- Performing architecture and design of software intensive, micro-services driven and cloud-based systems under the supervision of a Solution Architect
- Estimates and scopes development tasks and makes recommendations for innovations and improvements relating to software component designs, including reviewing the work of team members completing elements of designs
- Develops and executes Accepted Test-Driven Development (ATDD) approach to ensure software quality
- Acquires knowledge of industry and company standards, tools and technology with a focus on pragmatic application to business-focused software solutions through initiative and self-study
- Strong programming skills with Java (8 and older), J2EE, Spring Framework, Spring Data / Hibernate, Spring Security, JQuery, JSON, Java Script, Angular 2/4/5, HTML, CSS and Bootstrap
- + 7 years of work experience developing in Java and J2EE (full stack)
- Extensive working experience of developing RESTFul WebServices using the Open source frameworks, i.e., Node.js, Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud)
- Extensive working experience in Maven development tool, Jenkins and Ansible
- Extensive working experience in writing queries with relational databases such as Oracle, data modeling, MySQL (or similar)
- Working experience in Agile methodologies
- Extensive working experience in XML and JSON technologies
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing NoSQL databases (such as Mongo DB)
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools and DevOps automation
- Working experience in Automated Test Driven Development (ATDD) tools using Selenium, Gherkin, Cucumber
- Working experience in testing frameworks Selenium, Cumber, JUnit/TestNG
- Demonstrated experience in using AWS or other Cloud technologies
- Sun Certified Java Professional
SECURITY CLEARANCE: The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
EDUCATION: Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business Systems, Management Information Systems, IT Management, or other IT Degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Engineering, Math, and/or Science Degrees are acceptable substitute Degrees.
SALARY: Negotiable depending on level of experience and education levels. JMA offers a full benefits package with vision, health, dental and life insurance as well as a 401k match.
JMA Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or physical impairment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- relevant: 8 years (Required)
- Programming: 5 years (Required)
- Federal Aviation administration (FAA): 2 years (Preferred)
- Java: 7 years (Required)
- J2EE: 7 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
Local Candidates only.
Reward The Fan is a live streamed trivia game show where fans answer trivia questions for a chance to win free tickets to see their favorite teams, artists or Broadway shows.
RTF is a growing startup based in NYC and are looking to add talented, hard-working and friendly members to our dynamic team. We are searching for an experienced IT Network Engineer candidate for an initial 3 month term with the ability to become a full time member of RTF.
Role: IT Network & Systems Administrator.
Technologies and Description:
Experience with Windows 2012R2/16,
Experience with AWS cloud,
Experience in setting up AWS CloudFront and AWS related services,
Experience working with VMware, VPNs,
Strong Experience with Office 365 handling autonomously and in a team environment,
Provide remote troubleshooting for users working remotely,
Experience configuring Firewalls and VPN's,
Experience with proxy IP services,
Experience with IP Telephony and Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
Experience in Adapting to a rapidly changing environment,
Experience as lead administrator for network security,
Experience as lead administrator for Backup systems,
Experience in Conducting and coordinating complex troubleshooting activities,
Experience in tackling hardware related issues and giving a solution to it,
Keep accurate records of your time and services provided
Graduate or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science related discipline or equivalent IT experience,
CCNA, CCDA and MCSE/MCSA is strongly preferred,
Solid understanding of Cisco internetworks, routing and switching and related protocols,
Solid understanding of LAN/WAN is required,
A solid understanding of WAN circuit troubleshooting,
Administrating, maintaining and provisioning windows domain controllers,
Monitoring automated reports and/or responding to alerts for multiple hard/software applications issues,
Advance understanding of Windows Server 2012 R2 (and greater), Active Directory, Group Policy,
Advanced understanding of Office 365, Drop Box for business and VOIP,
Experienced with Distributed File System, System Management Server,
Experienced with Microsoft Desktop Application Support,
Strong understanding of Networking equipment, concepts, and services (DNS, DHCP, VPN),
Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
Self-motivated and strong capability to learn new concepts and systems,
Experience with Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word are required,
Advanced MS Office skills are a plus,
Willingness to work extra hours as operational needs dictate.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Network Administration: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
TekSynap, a “Fast 50” technology company in the Washington DC area that offers technology solutions to federal, state and local government agencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com.
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
TekSynap is seeking a Core Engineer to join our team, supporting the Wireless contract.
Core Network Engineer will work within a collaborative team to provide core engineering support for both wireless and wired network networks to clients. This will include upgrading, configuration and management of enterprise management systems such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure as well as WLAN infrastructure including Wireless LAN Controllers, Mobility Service Engines, Unified Access Points and switches. The Core Network Engineer will also remotely support onsite teams with the life cycle replacement of WLAN infrastructure at customer sites. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Must be able to pass a full background check and/or obtain a Government clearance.
Configuration of Cisco WLAN infrastructure including Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC), Mobility Services Engines (MSE) and Access Points (AP’s).
Experience with the configuration troubleshooting of WLC, and MSE in a High Availability (HA) configuration.
Configuration as well as O&M of Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
Perform network related tasks including the configuration of Cisco routers, Cisco switches and security platforms such as ASA, ISE (AAA) and RADIUS.
Provide detailed documentation related to tasks performed.
Ability to work both within a team and individually with minimal supervision.
Familiarity with WLAN implementations for hospital, office, factory, warehouse, outdoor, and mesh environments.
3-5 years of experience in enterprise network implementation or support
3-5 years of experience in wireless infrastructure support in a large environment
3-5 years of experience in LAN infrastructure support in a large environment
Experience with Cisco wireless solutions including, 5508, 5520, 8500 WLCs
Experience with Cisco MSE, Cisco Prime, and Cisco ISE
Minimum Cisco CCNA required
Cisco CCNP preferred
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
VA BI (Required)
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: 100% onsite work throughout the US at various Veteran Administration Medical Centers
Type of environment: Setting Changes
Noise level: Medium-Loud
Work schedule: Day shift Monday – Friday. (May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.)
Amount of Travel: 100% - candidate must be within commuting distance to a regional or international airport
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be a U.S Citizen
Must successfully pass a drug screening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.