Enzyme Contract Jobs
The Frontend Developer (React) will Debug, maintain, update and release a React.JS application to a tight deadline, following best practice and observing web content accessibility guidelines.
We want someone who is:
- Familiar with React.
- Has experience building websites to web content accessibility guidelines. (WCAG 2.1)
- Committed to best practice in all aspects of web development and working in a team.
- Proactive in terms of creative solutions to problems and finding efficient ways to deliver for your team.
- Jira/Confluence experience. Or other ticket management.
- Some exposure to unit testing. (Jest and Enzyme)
- Strong experience with React.js required.
- Experience working with GitFlow, using pull requests and participating in code review.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
Front End Developer
Looking for an exciting new contract role? A Front End Developer with an expertise in user interface development is invited to join a world renowned company in the creation of cutting edge, industry disrupting software. As a Front End Developer, you will use cutting-edge technologies to engineer a platform that will have a transformative impact on the entire digital and financial industry.
This role is a unique opportunity to work with both industry experts and leaders in venture building. As one of the early employees in this new initiative, you will have the opportunity to take an active role in strategic decisions and the overall direction of the initiative.
- React Native, ReactJS, Redux, Realm, TypeScript, Flow, Enzyme, Jest, Appium, Gherkin/Cucumber.
- The ability and desire to work collaboratively and build strong working relationships across all levels and functions
- Knowledge and experience of Agile delivery
- Strong personal drive and the ability to reshape, reconfigure and realign solution and delivery approaches as needed
- Knowledge and experience of data architecture and design
- Positivity, creativity and the desire to continue learning
Apply now to take advantage of an opportunity that will see you help transform an entire industry for the better.
Agency: Anson McCade
Job Type: Contract
Contact: Peter Vannet
Telephone / Email: /
Last 90 Days
Leading Design and Digital Agency are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their team to lead initiatives on some of their largest client engagements.
Full Stack Developer – React and Node
Leading Design Agency based in London, is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their team to lead initiatives on some of their largest client engagements. Full Stack Developers liaise between cross-functional teams to understand core presentation layer requirements and also recommend and implement solutions that follow-up best practices and standards.
Full Stack Developers are often the main communication hub with the wider technology team and are responsible for collaborating with them to identify integration points and dependencies. The ideal candidate will have a strong appreciation for design and interaction, as well as an intimate understanding and appreciation for presentation layer code, and thrives on collaboration with technologists, designers, user interaction designers and strategists to get the best solutions for our products.
Key Technical Skills & Responsibilities
- Experience with Progressive Web Apps, JAMstack, and static site generators (e.g Gatsby JS).
- Experience of working with headless content management systems (e.g. Contentful)
- Deep knowledge of source control (GIT, Gitflow, Pull requests, Code reviews) and bug tracking systems (JIRA).
- Experience using component environments and atomic style guides (e.g Storybook)
- Experience building and running Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines and automated test suites.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavioural Driven Development. (BDD); Ability to write unit, component, and integration tests with established testing suites (Jest, Enzyme, Chai, Sinon, Istanbul etc).
- Advanced understanding of web standards and best practices including SEO, accessibility and usability.
- Excellent working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.)
- Experience of writing server side microservices or Lambda style functions with Node.js to support front-end features.
- In depth understanding of cross-browser, front-end development issues with excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
General Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including object oriented. design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and scalability.
- Must be able to approach unique technical challenges with an analytical and solutions focused mindset.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to craft beautiful web experiences sympathetic to the creative vision; liaising with the design/creative teams.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a cross-functional agile team.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with strong time management and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes.
- Experience with a server side additional language such as Go, Python or Java.
- Passionate about emerging technologies and how they might be used in practice.
- Experience of cross platform mobile application development using React Native or similar a plus.
- Loves logic and problem solving!
Investigo Change Solutions have been engaged to identify Front End and Senior Front End Engineers to take ownership and lead an engineering team on a number of large/complex deliveries for a financial services client based in the South West.
Who we're looking for
You'll be someone with extensive front end web development experience, self-organizing, comfortable working in multi-disciplinary teams and demonstrating great interpersonal skills.
As a minimum, you'll have experience in the following:
- React, including component patterns
- State management with Component state, React Context, Redux or similar
- Component / Unit testing with enzyme, Jest (snapshot testing) or similar
- Styling with CSS, LESS/SASS, CSS modules
- Git, Bitbucket/GitHub
- Comfortable with terminal
- Working in agile environment particularly Scrum/Kanban
- Flexible and proactive individual with the ability to think outside the box and work independently
It would also be nice if you had:
- Degree or above in a Computer Science or related engineering/discipline
- Component development environments like Storybook, React Styleguidist, React Docz
- CSS in JS - JSS, Styled Components, emotion or similar
- CI/CD pipelines like Jenkins
- Container driven development with Docker & Kubernetes
- Cloud AWS/Azure
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Markdown
What you'll be doing
- Building new member experiences and journeys in React
- On-going development and maintenance of existing member experiences and journeys
- Contributing to NEL, our in-house developed design system
- Working in a multidisciplinary agile team and participating in sprint ceremonies
- Participating in guild meetups and sharing knowledge with your peers
This is a contract role based in the South West paying £600-650pd, intially 6 months with significant chance of extension.
Key Skills and Experience:
Experience building elegant user interfaces
Test Driven Development
This is a great opportunity to secure a long-term extension, with some challenging work and the chance of further greenfield development projects in the pipeline.
If this sounds interesting and relevant to you at this time, please apply and call Andy Weir.
Edinburgh. Glasgow, Developer, Web Developer, React, ReactJS, Chai, Enzyme, Mocha, Yarn, Webpack, Babel, NPM, GIT, Web Applications,
Rates by region