Looking for a Senior DevOps engineer. Due to the our requirement, the candidate has to be in our office for on-site interview.
- Proven previous experience with software architecture & design with open mind to pick up new architecture
- Strong technical leadership and passion for staying ahead of the technology curve.
- Knowledge of Agile principles, and methodologies like Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Experience and deep expertize with DevOps practices (continuous integration, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, test automation etc.), enabling tools and technologies.
- Breadth of experience on many technology stacks (e.g. Java, Pega, J2EE, Mainframe, Java script, python, other scripting languages, Ansible, Jenkins, Atlassian devops tools etc) and deep knowledge in a subset of technology stacks.
- 5+ years of recent extensive hands on development experience.
- Knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Struts, Spring, Maven, Gradle, Unit testing frameworks, Acceptance testing frameworks etc.
- Knowledge of J2EE applications servers like WebSphere, Tomcat etc
Lead the best practice on Jenkins, Artifactory,BitBucket administration.
Job Type: Contract
Location : Reston, VA
Duration : Long Term Contract
As a Lead AWS Full-Stack Developer, the ideal candidate will have designed, developed, unit tested, implemented and documented solutions that include not only the code to supports business functionality, but also the underlying infrastructure required to run that code and the systems required to deploy it. The candidate should also possess technical skills and experience with Amazon Web Services. The preferred candidate would also have knowledge and experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery systems.
The candidate will report to the Senior Director and work within an agile application team that develops and maintains highly visible and critical applications. The candidate will lead by interacting with application, domain and solution architects, delivery leads and all levels of software engineers to establish and enforce application technology standards, design patterns, process, development, and deployment.
The candidate will have responsibility to design, implement, unit test, document and maintain complex technical software solutions in support of the application development and QA processes. Additionally, you will be expected to ensure communications and relationships with customers and cross-team members are professional and meet expectations.
- Lead the development and implementation of solutions, based on a set of standards, patterns and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise data, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Develop AWS full stack solutions and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the CB IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver secure solutions with quality.
- Responsible from coordinating and developing the continuous integration for the application source code and constantly seeking to enhance the continuous integration methods of the team to ensure extremely high quality of code.
- Seek out learning of new technologies and becomes a mentor to more junior team members.
- Provide feedback on the team’s performance and challenges that the team is facing.
- Work with other teams’ engineers, enterprise architects to build a streamlined solution for internal and external integration requirements
- Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable “cloud” based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets to test and deploy the systems they develop.
- Responsible for the quality of their work; will develop and implement a set of quality criteria and the associated validation method to ensure that any deliverable meets the expected quality levels of our customers, use quality management to ensure quality levels are maintained, seek new approaches and techniques to improve quality levels, employ reviews and observations to maintain the quality and continuous improvement process, and analyze the impact of quality control and quality assurance on project performance.
- Use metrics to establish feasibility of new initiatives and develop plans, including budget, sequencing and time frames.
- Actively review their own and the team’s work processes and implements improvements seen from other teams or in industry to drive continuous improvement of the team’s efficiency, speed, and quality.
- The candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation.
- A Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- 10 - 12 years of experience in software systems, programming, database development, and infrastructure development and administration.
- Minimum 7 years demonstrated experience with full stack development.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience with AWS cloud supported programming languages like Java, Node JS, or Python development.
- 2+ years hands-on with AWS Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, EC2, RDS and DynamoDB, AWS CLI, Node JS, API gateway.
- Ability to use or learn: KMS, ALB/ELB, Route 53, Docker Containers, MFA.
- Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as: AWS code build, code deploy and code pipeline, Jenkins, CloudFormation, BitBucket, Artifactory.
- Working knowledge of distributed architectural design patterns.
- Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skill. Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
JMA Solutions, a leading government contractor for the Federal Aviation Administration, has a full-time opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer. This position is located in Herndon, VA.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- The candidate will be responsible for managing our DevOps Toolchain, which includes Ansible, Artifactory, Jenkins, and BitBucket. The candidate will assist developers with moving their legacy systems into an automated deployment model.
- This position is responsible for providing recommendations on best practices, application modernization, and adapting to a constantly changing environment.
- Building secure cloud infrastructures using the latest networking, virtualization, automation, and configuration management tools.
- Deploying enterprise applications in cloud platforms, incorporating automation, security, and reliability
- AWS provisioning, configuration management, storage management, network management, virtualization
- Creating automated CI/CD pipelines and automating all aspects of infrastructure
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- A working understanding of code and script (YAML, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Worked with container technologies in production
- Worked with open source monitoring and metrics tools
- Full end-to-end understanding of CI/CD pipeline
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps framework
- Ability to employ best practices in an enterprise scale continuous delivery environment and harden production deployments
- Automated provisioning (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Anisble, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Configuration Management principles and tools, particularly Git, Jenkins and Splunk
- Familiarity with software system installation
- Experience with system administration including middleware installation and maintenance
- Experience with one or more databases (Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL)
- Demonstrated Agile (scrum) Experience
- Ability to lead small project teams
- Familiar with FAA organizations and staff offices
- Able to adapt to a swiftly changing environment
- Knowledgeable about current customer off-the-shelf (COTS) technologies
SECURITY CLEARANCE: The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
EDUCATION: Requires a Bahcelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, or Science and a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
SALARY: Negotiable depending on level of experience and education levels. JMA offers a full benefits package with vision, health, dental and life insurance as well as a 401k match.
JMA Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or physical impairment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- relevant: 10 years (Required)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA): 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
What you’ll be doing...
The Corporate Services Group is looking for a lead developer to support Supply Chain Services Business apps. The individual will drive feature prioritization, planning and developing for strategic supply chain initiatives to enable digital transformation, operational efficiency, new revenue growth and innovation in Verizon’s Supply Chain; supporting Consumer, Business and Network operations. This individual will provide regular project updates to IT and business leaders including possible risks and remediation plans.
- Evaluate and drive high application architecture design standards supporting Consumer, Business and Network operations.
- Work with security and audit teams to implement compliance, security best practices and governance.
- Address any vulnerabilities in source code, web scans, IP scans.
- Work closely with business partners to provide thought leadership in defining future strategy.
- Align priorities with business and managed services to deliver platforms and products.
- Oversee transition and transformation planning, execution, reporting and related escalation management.
- Oversee requirements, costs, deliverables and contract performance related to the project.
- Define and manage project activities to meet corporate goals for financial performance.
- Develop and manage deliverables to plan.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years’ experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in SAP.
- Experience in design thinking and system architecture.
- Experience as project manager and scrum master in IT.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelors in Computer Science.
- Experience in project delivery through Agile, Scrum.
- Knowledge in Telecommunication, Supply Chain, In-depth work experience in Web or Mobile. Application development, SAP, Cloud and Container architecture and Open Source products.
- Align priorities with business and managed services to deliver platforms and products.
- Experience in implementing products and services using Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies such as EC2, RDS, Cloud Formation, S3, ELB, Autoscale, Cloudwatch, Lambda etc.
- Experience in Agile Delivery Model, DevOps Automation, CI/CD, and Agile and DevOps tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory, Confluence, Fortify, SonarQube.
- Experience in Unix/Linux, Java/J2EE/JSP, Apache or Tomcat, Microservices, RDBMS/Oracle, REST web services, and Angular orReact. Strong knowledge of design thinking and system architecture.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.