Responsibilities for this Position
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
A TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Candidate must be able to obtain the Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
The developer must have a cooperative mindset, work will with others and be eager to learn new technologies
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in designing, developing, building, and implementing software solutions in an Agile development organization using Jira and Confluence
Previous experience developing applications with at least one of the following languagues
- Experience with NoSQL Databases
- Spring Framework, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Hibernate, Tomcat, PostgreSQL
- Linux or Unix experience
- Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crucible) experience is a plus
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g. JTest, Junit, etc.) is desired
- Must have a solid understanding of object oriented design concepts and the ability to work in a team environment
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) is seeking motivated candidates to join our insider threat detection, systems integration team. Our mission oriented team is responsible for the design, testing, deployment, maintenance, operation, and evolution of the systems directly supporting the insider threat detection program of a large government customer in the United States Intelligence Community (USIC).
GDMS has an immediate opening on the team for a motivated Software Developer with an agile mindset who is up to date with the latest software development tools and techniques. This is a challenging yet rewarding position that provides an opportunity to leverage cutting edge technologies in pursuit of a vital mission that protects people, sensitive information/technologies, and the national security posture of the USIC.
- Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code in a mission based environment
- Develop, customize, maintain and monitor applications, utilizing the latest technologies
- Documenting solutions and communicating with other team members on the way forward
- Writing clean, tested, reusable code using best practice principles
- Proactively investigates, analyses and fixes reported defects
The majority of work will be performed in Chantilly, Virginia, which is located approximately 25 miles west of Washington D.C., near the Dulles International Airport. The selected Software Developer will support a 6+ year contract that General Dynamics recently secured.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!