We are seeking an Azure Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Engineer on a short term contract basis. The initial contract will be three days per week for three weeks.
You will be joining the KCOM team that is being formed for this engagement. The customer is a large public sector organisation located an hour south of central London.
This customer is about to embark on an Azure migration and requires assistance around the build and deployment of the supporting infrastructure. You will help validate their choice of tooling and help get them started as they commence the build and deployment of the landing zone into which their services will be migrated. It is of upmost importance to our customer that they utilise best practices from the start. The customer has used Azure previously, so has a good understanding of public cloud.
We are looking for someone who embraces and evangelises DevOps concepts of automation and repeatability yet is also capable of being hands-on in building and delivering those concepts.
You will therefore have a strong hands-on Azure build and deployment background and will be able to advise the customer based upon experience. Key skills include the use of Terraform, ARM templates, PowerShell, version control (using Git) and experience deploying Azure infrastructure with Azure DevOps (VSTS). We are looking for an individual who has used these technologies successfully on enterprise projects. As part of the interview process we will require the candidate to partake in a hands-on practical test on the use of these technologies.
In addition to the hands-on aspect of this role, you will need to be able to present findings and recommendations clearly and concisely to the customer, both verbally and through presentations and documentation. You will therefore need strong spoken and written English skills.
As part of this engagement you will be working on-site with the customer. There may be some limited opportunity for remote working on some days of the engagement. We are looking for an individual who is pragmatic, approachable, proactive, collaborative, and flexible (as the customer's requirements may change throughout the engagement).
This is an exciting opportunity with a high profile, public sector organisation. The successful delivery of the first phase of consultancy may result in further engagements.
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design, build and deployment, including private and public cloud, networking, connectivity, storage, virtualisation and identity
- Implementation of Azure networking for enterprise organisations
- Build of hybrid environments to span existing customer networks and Azure
- Securing, managing and monitoring Azure environments
- Experience building and deploying resilient Azure cloud architectures
- Experience of migration and modernisation of workloads from customers' on-prem data centres to Azure
- Well versed in Windows and has the skills and confidence to learn and work on Linux when needed
- Experienced in the use of Azure platform services to create born in the cloud PaaS solutions
- Experience building and deploying Azure resources using IaC
- Experience with the Azure CLI, PowerShell/Azure PowerShell and the Azure Portal
- Writing and deploying ARM templates
- Writing and deploying infrastructure using Terraform
- Testing templates (using Pester and Terratest)
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell DSC, Chef and Puppet
- Creating and managing CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Azure DevOps (VSTS) to deploy both infrastructure and applications
- Experience of version control systems such as Azure DevOps (VSTS) and Git
- Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Azure Active Directory, AD Connect, Operations Management Suite/Log Analytics, Azure Monitor, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure App Services, Azure Storage, Azure Import/Export, Azure SQL Server, MySQL, Azure Automation
- Active Directory
- Bash experience
- Exposure to other cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Docker and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Experience with serverless deployment, maintenance and associated tool chain
- Working knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Ability to maximise knowledge transfer through the production of high quality process documentation
- Strong adoption of automation philosophies
- Delivery focused with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem investigation and diagnosis skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people internally and externally
- A willingness to be flexible in terms of location, hours and types of work undertaken
70-533 Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions and/or AZ-100 Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Deployment and AZ-101 Microsoft Azure Integration and Security.
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are looking for someone methodical, organised and responsible due to the nature of the work required, along with technical expertise, you will need to have worked in a high-pressure environment and have no issue with being under the cosh from the off!
The successful candidate will work with the IT team to provide support upgrades to WAN and MPLS/SD Wan for the new screens to be installed and integrated on the platforms. Each project/station will vary in terms of access and requirements therefore you will need to be able to adapt to changing situations. You will mostly be based on site or in our clients' head office to manage the connection to the Network, ensure its working, and troubleshoot any problems as they arise with each situation/screen/switch install.
- A technical network mind-set and the desire to work in a fast pace environment that proactively seeks out solutions in line with BAU IT protocols
- A sense of responsibility and ownership in driving IT Network best practices development
- Excellent time-management skills; the ability to balance additional issues and problems as they arise against a set delivery plan and organise themselves across a 7-day working
- An openness to work collaboratively and to contribute to the delivery of a major project delivery
- Sharp and rigorous attention to detail
- A tenacious, committed and results-oriented polite attitude
- A minimum of 2-3 years working in an IT BAU Service Desk or Network environment
- Education to A-level standard (or equivalent), with a min 5 GCSEs to include Maths, English and ICT. Any IT qualification beyond GCSE (or equivalent).
- Proven technical ability with Microsoft Server 2003+, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange server, Windows 7+, Office 2010+, Microsoft Hyper-V virtualised environments, HP & Dell server/switch hardware
- Wireless Network technology and management
- Knowledge of AV equipment
- Any experience with remote working environments using Fibre, copper, Wi-Fi connectivity
- Providing support for the service transition BAU and Project teams