Senior Architect- Enterprise Architect- # 20550- FL/ any major city
As an Architect, you will work in the global Akamai on Akamai team, to design and implement innovative solutions to business problems. You will be involved with projects from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing and customer sign-off. You will work independently, within a small technical team, or with a global technical team in delivering the appropriate solution.
The Akamai on Akamai team is responsible for making Akamai IT the best customer of Akamai. We work closely with our Premium Support team and business units to be the true Customer 1 for all appropriate Akamai products and services. We ar7e transforming IT at Akamai and turning the enterprise inside out.
- Work as a member of a small cross functional team contributing to technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
- Own the technical components of our internal integration projects including but not limited to configuration, design, debugging, documentation, testing, and go live support.
- Ensure solutions meet IT technical and security standards.
- Integrate Akamai's Solutions across the Akamai internal environment.
- Partner with Business Support, Sales, Engineering, Product Development and Technical.
- Support to resolve issues that arise during deployment, or post implementation support.
- Identify technical risks and provide mitigation strategies.
- Review configurations with Professional Service team members to ensure quality and accuracy to requirements.
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- 8 years of relevant experience in a bachelors degree.
- 8 years IT solution delivery experience, preferably within a consulting organization
- 8 years experience with Internet technologies including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and web servers
- 3 years working with/implementing security technologies such as web application firewalls, IDS, IdP, SAML, SSO, MFA, DLP
- 3 years experience with TCP/IP network debugging with Wireshark, tcpdump or similar
- 3 years experience with common languages such as Python and Go
- 3 years experience with programming of Web based applications with backend databases
- Knowledge of Cloud provider environments such as AWS, Azure and their product offerings
- Experience with Akamai CDN products and Services would be a plus
- Experience implementing enterprise scale, complex distributed systems
- Experience with UNIX and one or more web development languages, methodologies, and/or architectures – Perl, PHP, Shell Scripting, J2EE, .NET, C#, JSP, ASP, Tomcat, Apache.
- Experience with REST based APIs
- Experience with monitoring, alerting, analytics and reporting tools such as Splunk
- Working knowledge of the full software development lifecycle
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent business writing, presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, drive for results, interpersonal savvy, and customer focus
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $90,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- common languages such as Python and Go: 3 years (Preferred)
- working with/implementing security technologies such as web: 3 years (Preferred)
- TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and web servers: 8 years (Required)
- IT solution delivery: 8 years (Required)
- TCP/IP network debugging with Wireshark, tcpdump or similar: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule