Akraya is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Monika @ 408-907-6415. We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Network Engineer, Riverbed NetPlanner Network modelling, Switches, routers, Networking protocol like TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, BGP4, OSPF and RIP
Duration: 12+ Months, Possible Extension
Contract Type: W2
The ideal candidate will be a senior technologist with strong cross-functional leadership skills and hands on experience with diverse vendor platforms. Following skills are required for the Senior Network Engineer position:
- 3-7+ years of industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Sciences or Electrical Engineering.
- Creates routing or switching configuration scripts, at least on an occasional basis.
- Hands on experience with Riverbed NetPlanner Network modelling tool (formerly known as Opnet) is required
- Hands on experience with Cisco Modeling Tool (CML) and GNS3.
- Hands on experience with routers, Ethernet switching platforms.
- Hands-on experience in designing and deploying large scale-out network technologies including Cisco and non-Cisco network technologies.
- Routing and switching design concepts for Data Centers.
- Understanding of the routing protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, BGP4, OSPF and RIP.
- Excellent communicator and team-builder, capable of establishing trust and securing partnership with all levels of the organization, from engineers to senior executives.
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience rationalizing large, disparate datasets into concrete observations/recommendations, and formalizing into new network solutions.
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent industry certification.
- Advanced Network Industry certification e.g. CCIE and JNCIE.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Telecommunications, or related technical field
- Network programming using Ansible, Python.
- Understanding of Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and its application in Data Center and WAN design.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
- Ensure support standards aligned to guidelines and Helpdesk ticket support at Level 2 and Level 3
- Work with Cisco LAN switches (3750, 3750X, 4500, 6500 and Nexus 9000 Series)
- Work with Cisco WAN routers (2900, 3900, 4000 and other series of routers)
- Work with Cisco Meraki routers (Z1 and MX600 series)
- Support for Security devices from a troubleshooting perspective (encryption IPSEC, ACL’s and FW rulesets) [Knowledge not expert]
- Configure and troubleshoot complex routing (GRE over IPSec, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF and Static routing)
- Cisco ACS
- F5 Load Balancer
- Maintain Cisco Wireless LAN controllers and troubleshoot wireless issues
- Contribute to Team project Documentation/Templates
- Assist Network Troubleshooting – Triage/solve problems with support teams independently of Tower lead.
- Remote skills = resources working remotely are possible if they have the necessary capability level to support the work requirements.
Last 90 Days
Leidos is seeking a LAN/WAN Network Administrator for the Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program. The AFSS system is a 24/7/365 system that provides a range of flight services to 80,000 members of the General Aviation community. Candidates must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, this position requires U.S. Citizenship.
The Network Administrator provides technical analysis in data network planning, engineering, and design. Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Coordinates third-party maintenance for network and office automation equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators.
- "Break/Fix" on all FS21 operational enterprise equipment and systems as directed by the AFSS NOC Ticketing System.
- Provide Software support within the facility and all systems within the facility in all aspects of daily LAN/WAN administrative support.
- Provide administrative Desktop installation and support , hardware & software
- Provide Administrative network operations support for all network components
- Provide PBX moves, adds, & changes for the Avaya IP502 V2 PBX
- Provide Network and standalone printer support
- Provide Operational Systems support to production Flight Service Enterprise Network
o Includes all Production Network Components
o Includes all Production Telco interfaces and demarc points
o Includes all Production Servers and system components
- Responsible for all installed cabling and cable infrastructure within the facility to include installing new cabling
- Provide service and support for all other office automation equipment
- Work as part of a larger team of Subject Matter Experts working in the Network and Security Operations Center to affect repairs to all automation equipment within the facility and within the AFSS enterprise networks
- Responsible for all Leidos Intranet backups within the facility
- Responsible for administering Leidos Intranet resources in other facilities around the US.
- Prepare weekly Inventory Asset Management Updates
- Typically requires Bachelors of Science and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Harris SolaCom Digital Voice Communication Equipment experience.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of administering administrative domain resource activities and the processes ensuring a secure and viable internal Leidos Intranet network.
Work Schedule: Generally M-F, 8 Hour Shift, 40 Hours per week
Must: Be able to support emergency & off Hours Support Critical Maintenance Window (Scheduled) 10:00pm to 6:00am, Mon-Thur
Critical Maintenance Window (Emergency) 24 x 7, M- S
REED Technology are delighted to working alongside a renowned organisation assisting in their search for a Network Engineer to based in Edinburgh on a 12 months contract.
- Networking, LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless and security technologies.
- TCP/IP protocol
- Cisco qualifications desirable: CCIE, CCNP or CCNA
The successful candidiate will be expected to work a 9-5 on site in Edinburgh initially then remote working will be offered once established in the role. If interested in the above, send your most up to date CV for immediate consideration.
The Network Security Engineer with Zscaler Exp (Level 3) is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, supporting of network and network security infrastructure and application components.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking and WAN.
* Designing, deploying and supporting Zscaler Cloud based Infrastructure across various Data Centers and Disaster Recovery environments
* Manage and configure Bluecoat, ZScalar proxy devices
* Migrating the policies from on premise Bluecoat to Cloud Based Zscaler Proxy service in tandem with various application owners.
* Understand the Traffic Flows for both Https (web Traffic) standard and custom application-based traffic and accordingly design solution around it for Firewalling and Proxy services.
* Whitelisting IP space for various Project team to access external vendors access to ensure safe and secure connectivity.
* Work on Palo Alto Zone based Firewalls to create Zones and Policies for various segment of the network and accordingly troubleshoot any connectivity issues thereof across various Security Zones viz – DMZ, DAZ, BEZ, userDMZ, User Zone etc.
* Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
* Provides network systems Engineering support to users for
- Cisco ASA, Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewalls
- F5 Big IP load Balancers
- Blue Coat Proxy
- Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Wireless Devices
- InfoBlox IPAM
- AWS Infrastructure Exp. is good to have
* Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
* Work with internal applications teams and design and implement appropriate network solutions
* Provide Technical Support for issues escalated by Level 2 Operations
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
* Coordinates activities with other system areas and vendors, and deals with network security systems planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $100,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Network Security Engineer with Zscaler: 5 years (Required)
- More than 1 year
Full Time Opportunity: